thebronxbomber
+1|5453
Please help.  I run Windows XP.  I just get this problem after getting 1.41.  I downloaded it from gamershell.com.  Uhh please help me.  Because I am really frustrated after this took like 2 hours to download and patch =/.  PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you!
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6793|Reality
usually a sign of incorrect video settings
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
thebronxbomber
+1|5453
Are you sure???  Do you need moer information?  Also, I need help any cure to this?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6514|cuntshitlake

Go delete the video.con file in My documents - Battlefield 2 - Profiles - 0001
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,974|6682|949

Mine CTD's randomly during games.  No freezing, just black screen then desktop.  Could it also be the video.con file causing this?  I run Vista 32bit.
thebronxbomber
+1|5453

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Go delete the video.con file in My documents - Battlefield 2 - Profiles - 0001
are you sure?
thebronxbomber
+1|5453

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Mine CTD's randomly during games.  No freezing, just black screen then desktop.  Could it also be the video.con file causing this?  I run Vista 32bit.
Yes, I deleted the file but it still does this.  Anyone got anything else I can do?

Also, do I delete the Video.con files in the 10000, 20000, 3000, and 4000 (or w/e they are) folders too??

Last edited by thebronxbomber (2009-07-31 22:24:47)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6514|cuntshitlake

The video.con only helps if the game is trying to launch with incorrect video settings and then crashes. The random CTD's happen to everyone and are, as stated, random.

And you should delete the file in all the folders, also from the 'default' folder. BF2 crashes if it tries to load incorrect video settings from the current profile's video.con file and I wouldn't know which one you are using atm.

If this doesn't help you should make sure you run BF2 as an admin and then try deleting the shaders from the same BF2 folder in your documents.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-08-01 02:24:30)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
thebronxbomber
+1|5453
Why are the Video.con files there if they don't help or anything?  Also, the intro video works fine but its just logging in.

EDIT:  I just deleted all the video.con files from those folders and this still happens.  Please anyone got any other ideas?  Thank you so much

Last edited by thebronxbomber (2009-08-01 09:15:46)

thebronxbomber
+1|5453
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … erver.html

In those forums, they say to port forward soem stuff.  Will this work for my situation?  Also if it does, how do I do this as I have no experience in port forwarding
thebronxbomber
+1|5453
Can anyone please help?  I tried reinstalling it but no use.  I can play on 1.41 singleplayer fine, and before I put the patch in I could play on 1.0 multiplayer now?
Wallpaper
+303|6044|The pool
backup, and then delete the battlefield 2 folder in My Documents. Start BF2.
thebronxbomber
+1|5453
What do you mean backup???  Like copying the folder and then delete the bf2 folder??? I have renamed it but not that.  I don't think it'll work but ill try =/

BTW people I just installed 1.41 and it has been doing this.  I can play on 1.0 multiplayer and 1.41 singlplayer though =/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard