thepilot91
+64|6248|Åland!
okay maybe I'm being a fool now but i just wounder is there away/are you able to play online without the "radio" sounds ? for better sneaking and sniping in peace and quiet?
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5438|Dublin, Ireland

thepilot91 wrote:

okay maybe I'm being a fool now but i just wounder is there away/are you able to play online without the "radio" sounds ? for better sneaking and sniping in peace and quiet?
You can but you will also turn off your gun sounds.
aimless
+166|6136|Texas
enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy enemy spotted

I'm sure you could remove all the radio audio files out of the Common_Client file, but I don't know if bf2 will work after that.
thepilot91
+64|6248|Åland!

Oisín<3 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

yeah I already knew that, and as i assumed there isnt a way to just hear every thing araound you instead of that fucking radio rattle
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride

thepilot91 wrote:

Oisín<3 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

yeah I already knew that, and as i assumed there isnt a way to just hear every thing araound you instead of that fucking radio rattle
Try this;

Open your sound.con found under:

Code:

My Comp/C/Prog Files/EA Games/BF2/Mods/BF2/Settings
Change the first few lines FROM:

Code:

rem ** Custom **
sound.masterVolume 1.0

rem ** Balance between 2d and 3d samples.
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.5
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-eax" 0.5
TO

Code:

rem ** Custom **
sound.masterVolume 1.0

sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.88
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-eax" 0.88

Last edited by Oisín<3 (2009-07-29 08:34:11)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6721|England. Stoke
Doesn't simply turning down the volume on voice over (audio options, under Game Volume) turn it down???
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5879|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I thought voice over was voip volume, I think Irish's way might work prob something to do with sound.con files otherwise they would have put an option in the main menu for it
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5412

coke wrote:

Doesn't simply turning down the volume on voice over (audio options, under Game Volume) turn it down???
nope
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6721|England. Stoke

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I thought voice over was voip volume, I think Irish's way might work prob something to do with sound.con files otherwise they would have put an option in the main menu for it
I think that's covered under the voip options, transmit/receive levels.

And no my earlier suggestion doesn't work
Hakei
Banned
+295|6007
Turning down the 'voice over' only reduces the sound of that faggot telling you how to play BF2.
thepilot91
+64|6248|Åland!

Oisín<3 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Oisín<3 wrote:

Try this;

Open your sound.con found under:

Code:

My Comp/C/Prog Files/EA Games/BF2/Mods/BF2/Settings
Change the first few lines FROM:

Code:

rem ** Custom **
sound.masterVolume 1.0

sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.5
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-eax" 0.5
TO

Code:

rem ** Custom **
sound.masterVolume 1.0

sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-default" 0.88
sound.setProperty "balance2d3d-eax" 0.88
okay sounds resonable but what i can tell 0.88 is louder than 0.5 , or is this the "other sounds" ?  EDIT: so what exactely does this do? ^

Last edited by thepilot91 (2009-07-29 14:37:09)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6339

its kind of bullshit and has annoyed me as well. If im sittin all quite on a flag, with my headphones I can usually hear some one coming, but not when people on my team are spamming shit. ESPECIALLY the commander...

Also, I HATE when I throw a grenade and my guy says out loud basically this, "HEY YOU UP THERE! HERE COMES A GRENADE U BEST BE MOVING OUTTA TEH WAY! OH YA AND IM DOWN HERE!"

I think there should be an option to turn that shit off. Hopefully what Irish posted will correct this?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6475|cuntshitlake

Im_Dooomed wrote:

its kind of bullshit and has annoyed me as well. If im sittin all quite on a flag, with my headphones I can usually hear some one coming, but not when people on my team are spamming shit. ESPECIALLY the commander...

Also, I HATE when I throw a grenade and my guy says out loud basically this, "HEY YOU UP THERE! HERE COMES A GRENADE U BEST BE MOVING OUTTA TEH WAY! OH YA AND IM DOWN HERE!"

I think there should be an option to turn that shit off. Hopefully what Irish posted will correct this?
No it just makes your team's voices quieter, including your gun, and enemy team's sounds louder.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

No it just makes your team's voices quieter, including your gun, and enemy team's sounds louder.
thepilot91
+64|6248|Åland!

Oisín<3 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Im_Dooomed wrote:

k so if i increase the "code" (0.88) even more i can get the radio almost totally quiet , compared to other sounds ? right?
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride

thepilot91 wrote:

Oisín<3 wrote:

DeathUnlimited wrote:

k so if i increase the "code" (0.88) even more i can get the radio almost totally quiet , compared to other sounds ? right?
Yes.

The higher you go the less noise.

1 for example is no self-noise.
thepilot91
+64|6248|Åland!

Oisín<3 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Oisín<3 wrote:

Yes.

The higher you go the less noise.

1 for example is no self-noise.
k very nice, thx irish much love
TheGiantSE
+14|6483|Sweden
Usually play without any sound at all...the headphones are on my desk next to me...
kind of tired of all the sounds in the game.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6011|Aberdeen, Scotland
Can't play without sounds myself, although less comm noise would be nice

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard