Chorcai
+49|6657|Ireland
What about people who can't help being fat ? In other words your going to have to prove that he/she eat bad food/sat on their arse and got to be 20+stone of fat.

Last edited by Chorcai (2009-07-29 09:19:12)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida

Red Forman wrote:

Mitch wrote:

A smoker only hurts himself also.
Not even close to being true.  You know we have public health care right?  And old people use it.  Old smokers you know?  To take care of them costs money.
Old fat people use it too.
Old... Roofers/siders who breathed in pounds of asthbestis use it too.
You can tax everything just because someone who does it is going to be old someday.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

Mitch wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Not even close to being true.  You know we have public health care right?  And old people use it.  Old smokers you know?  To take care of them costs money.
Old fat people use it too.
Old... Roofers/siders who breathed in pounds of asthbestis use it too.
You can tax everything just because someone who does it is going to be old someday.
You can sue because of asbestos exposure.

And in case you have not noticed, everything is taxed.  Where do you think the money for NHS comes from?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6715
How about we let people run their own lives.  We're not a bunch of kids that need to be micromanaged.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Mitch wrote:

lowing wrote:

This is not a tax on fat people, this a legislation of personal lives.  As far as taxing smoking products, I agree with this since a smokers smoke affects everyone in the area including non-smokers. Fat people hurt no one except themselves.

The accasional breathing in of the smoke from a person next to you is nothing to harm you. Its probly like smoking 1 whole cigg a month. Which is next to harmless.

And if your talking about the annoyance factor or smokers - 100% honestly - 'obese' people (not 'fat', actually discustingly obese people) annoy the shit out of me. Its just gross to see the human body roll so many times.
studies on second hand smoke would differ from what you think is "probably" the case.

Fat people annoy or offend you, I get it, but you have no legal right NOT to be offended or annoyed by your own prejudices.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ

lowing wrote:

Mitch wrote:

lowing wrote:

This is not a tax on fat people, this a legislation of personal lives.  As far as taxing smoking products, I agree with this since a smokers smoke affects everyone in the area including non-smokers. Fat people hurt no one except themselves.

The accasional breathing in of the smoke from a person next to you is nothing to harm you. Its probly like smoking 1 whole cigg a month. Which is next to harmless.

And if your talking about the annoyance factor or smokers - 100% honestly - 'obese' people (not 'fat', actually discustingly obese people) annoy the shit out of me. Its just gross to see the human body roll so many times.
studies on second hand smoke would differ from what you think is "probably" the case.

Fat people annoy or offend you, I get it, but you have no legal right NOT to be offended or annoyed by your own prejudices.
Most of these studies that are done are biased, and used to further a cause.. Everything out there pretty much causes cancer..

Stop being sissy's and having the GOVMENT(miss spelled on purpose) taking our money for stupid reasons.

Being fat sucks, but it's scary to go out.. There's tickets sitting in every cops pocket, you have to wear a helmet. The amount of control that this kids have over them for "protection" just takes away from childhood.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6534|South Florida

lowing wrote:

Mitch wrote:

lowing wrote:

People had a predjudice against smokers and the smell of smoke - So a law was passed here saying you are not allowed to smoke inside any public building.

I demand a law banning fat people because they ruin my appitite and i dont want to have to look at that when im in a restaurant - Just like non-smokers didnt want to smell smoke.

Its the same logic.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409
God sakes Mitch at least hit the check spelling button.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

Mitch wrote:

lowing wrote:

Mitch wrote:

People had a predjudice against smokers and the smell of smoke - So a law was passed here saying you are not allowed to smoke inside any public building.

I demand a law banning fat people because they ruin my appitite and i dont want to have to look at that when im in a restaurant - Just like non-smokers didnt want to smell smoke.

Its the same logic.
Goddamit Mitch you say shit about smoking because you think it's cool to smoke. Are you even old enough to smoke?

I think America should have stricter regulation on trans fat tbh, banning it would be best.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6658

If we ignore Mitch, hopefully he'll just go away and take his retarded posts with him.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6752|Reality
Mitch you are very misguided and misinformed if you think second hand smoke is trivial.

Taxing fatty foods is not the answer. It assumes that fatty foods are one of the leading causes of obesity. It isn't.
Western society has been OBSESSED with fat for a VERY long time now. All these low fat diets, no fat diets are crap. America proves the point.
60% of Americans are overweight. 30% of them are obese. Why are the so fat? Because the crappy food is the cheapest food.

Most crappy food has loads of sugars (carbs) in it. I am not only talking about the white stuff. Increased sugar in your food triggers an insulin spike in your blood. What does insulin do? It helps to STORE energy in your body. It helps to STORE energy in your body. I had to say it twice to get your attention. Fat is stored energy.

When you drink your supersize soft drink with your combo you create large insulin spikes in your blood which means your body is trying to extract and store as much energy as it can from your meal. Almost always this is more energy than your body needs thus you get bigger.

What is type II diabetes commonly associated with obesity? Your body is not producing enough insulin to breakdown the sugars in your blood, therefore the sugars get pumped around your body damaging tissue. (blindness, gangrene). If you feed your body too many carbs (i.e. sugars and starches) then you will max out your insulin at some point and get diabetes. If you stop overfeeding sugars to your body, the diabetes usually goes away.

So taxing fatty foods ? NO.
Tax sugars. High fructose corn syrup aka HFCS (isoglucose in EU, glucose-fructose in Can) is the worse of these.

I see a big correlation in the increasing size of Americans and the increasing usage of HFCS in consumer foods.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6745|Salt Lake City

Stubbee wrote:

I see a big correlation in the increasing size of Americans and the increasing usage of HFCS in consumer foods.
Which basically means just about everything that comes in a package.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6527|Montucky
better tax forks and spoons.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5711|College Park, MD
Remove the subsidies on corn. Control the massive food companies.

Basically, watch Food Inc. You'll see that the problem with food is the fact that healthy food is more expensive than unhealthy food, and the reckless abandon with which the major food companies work with only contributes to that unhealthiness.

As for taxing fat people: fuck that. What's next, taxing people with terminal illnesses because they'd cost the national health system lots of money? That's fucking stupid.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Mitch wrote:

lowing wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Its the same logic.
No it is not, someone being FAT does not interfere with your life at all, smoking someone elses cigarette does when that person does noty want to breathe it.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6829
fat people cost us a lot of money in the form of increased insurance. they get sick and the insurance companies charge the rest of us for it.

they also strain the medical system and use up a lot of resources.

being fat certainly DOES affect other people negatively.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5620|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
Instead of taxing them...

Don't pay for them
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6731|Eastern PA
Remove HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) from everything in this country, lower subsidies to corn growers, and get back to cane sugar and you'll have gone a decent way towards eliminating a big contributor to obesity.

Too much fucking corn.

EDIT: The gov't should run lipo clinics and then sell the fat to boutique candle and soap makers. It'll turn a tidy profit!

Last edited by Masques (2009-07-29 14:05:00)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6752|Reality

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Which basically means just about everything that comes in a package.
Yes it does.
Processed food is a killer.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Krappyappy wrote:

fat people cost us a lot of money in the form of increased insurance. they get sick and the insurance companies charge the rest of us for it.

I will buy what you say IF skinny people never get sick, never have heart attacks, never have strokes, never get cancer, etc. what about anorexia bulimia, we gunna tax them as well?

Since this is not the case, you are trying to legislate pure prejudice.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5409

lowing wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

I will buy what you say IF skinny people never get sick, never have heart attacks, never have strokes, never get cancer, etc. what about anorexia bulimia, we gunna tax them as well?

Agree.

What about all the little teenies and college chicks who use tanning beds?  People just want to pick and choose and I find that funny and sad.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6694|Espoo, Finland

ghettoperson wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Don't tax fatty food, tax fatty people. Say everyone with a 25% body fat percentage or over.
Ya man.  And let's tax everyone who is not blonde hair and blue eyed.  Let's also tax ugly people.  Oh, and let's tax retarded people since they cost us so much money.  Let's just create a master race.
I like your thinking! We could create a far superior society that way.

PS. Before you start getting too worried, Tubs, 25% is fairly high.
And the taxation would achieve what?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
Well, according to certain people here, drug bans and gun bans work.  Why not ban fatty foods?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Red Forman wrote:

lowing wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Agree.

What about all the little teenies and college chicks who use tanning beds?  People just want to pick and choose and I find that funny and sad.
ahhh excellent point, let me also add, a ban on hang gliding, hiking, sky diving, surfing, flying, mountain claimbing, drinking. etc........ all of which have their inherent dangers, and could inconvience any one of us, through emergency services.

All you are doing is trying to endorse legislation on your own prejudices. I love it, the tolerant liberal crowd wants to ban fat people in favor of their own little perfect society and you call me Hitler.....I think I have heard it all now.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-29 17:01:23)

BVC
+325|6704
No tax for unprocessed food, make healthy food more attractive.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard