User Facing Features:
- More intuitive sub forums (Want to see every level?)
- Mark All Read for PMs
- Online Indicators with Xfire
- Redesigned user icons
- Way more video embed BB Codes
- Steam profile links
- Auto updating timestamps (be aware: this uses your computers clock for updates -- if your time is off, weird things may happen)
- Much faster page download (compressed js and css)
- True read/unread tracking
- Snazzy new thread/forum icons (Zimmer!)
- Topic and Post counts are now true (this fixes the "threads are longer than they appear" bug)
- Minor styling updates here and there
- Ads are removed for logged in users
- For the unlucky, temp bans can now be set to any duration by moderators, be it 30 seconds or 30 years. They can also set hard dates.
- Page titles have been flipped so they will read easier if you have many tabs open
- "You must wait [60, 59, 58, 57, 56...] seconds to post"
Forum Structure Changes:
- General structure changed
- Posts from "Consoles and Console Games" have been merged into "All Other Games"
- Posts from "Crysis" have been merged into "All Other Games"
- Posts from "BF2 >> General" have been merged up to "Battlefield 2"
- Posts from "BF2142 >> General" have been merged up to "Battlefield 2142"
Behind the Scenes Work:
- Completely revamped the sub forum tech MUCH nicer now
This was a massive code undertaking. Most of which you will see no effect of, but trust me, it was awesome.
- Overhauled online.php
- Cleaned out YEARS (literally!) of unused old files
- Put the forums under Subversion (when I started these, I didn't know what a VCS even was...)
- Patched up with all current PunBB and FluxBB security patches (was waaaay behind )
Thanks to everyone that helped test the new forums over the weekend!