ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Cartels operate in 289 cities. Prisons are full of petty drug dealers. Pot is everywhere. The War On Drugs begun under Reagan has done even worse than prohibition. People are being abducted in Arizona as the drug goons make good money getting ransom.

The whole thing is a failure and the only people that will suffer under legalization are the stupid hippies that have no skills beyond growing and drug cartels.

Any questions?
Swan
The town bike
+54|5439
war: lost.

I agree.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

If they would just legalize marijuana....
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5392

King_County_Downy wrote:

That is the LAST thing you pot smokers should want tbh.  Have fun paying twice as much for regulated crap.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5694|College Park, MD

Red Forman wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

That is the LAST thing you pot smokers should want tbh.  Have fun paying twice as much for regulated crap.
sure beats going to jail
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5392

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

sure beats going to jail
Only stupid people go to jail.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

sure beats going to jail
I'm thinking it would only really affect the people getting arrested for possession, etc. No one buys the legal crap as is right now, it's just way too damn expensive. All the growers would still grow, unlicensed and vulnerable to arrest, just like they do now. I think it would really cut down on the arrests and clogging of our legal system. Pot should not be a class A felony. It's a plant ffs. If it grows in my yard, so fucking what stupid government fuckers. (not you lol, just venting in general)
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

China has some lovely drug laws.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6812
yes, we all know the drug war failed.

was there a point to be made here?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
I would rather pay 1k per ounce than live in a chaotic failed country.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Red Forman wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Why would that happen?  If the legalization of pot drove the regulated price up, what would stop people from buying pot on the black market that already exists?  Legalization would have to drive the price down to compete with the existing market structure.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5392

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Why would that happen?  If the legalization of pot drove the regulated price up, what would stop people from buying pot on the black market that already exists?  Legalization would have to drive the price down to compete with the existing market structure.
Bingo.  People would go back to what would be illegal.  Hence the same situation we are in.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6812
someone enlighten me as to how illegal growing could ever hope to compete with legal commercial operation?

cannabis is easy to grow. a large company with a license can produce a metric fuck-ton of it with little effort, inevitably driving prices down.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
Your war on drugs was lost before it even began, you act like everything was fine and dandy before the "war" started.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5392

Mekstizzle wrote:

Your war on drugs was lost before it even began, you act like everything was fine and dandy before the "war" started.
Nobody thought that really.  You watch too much TV.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6646
I'm sure plenty of people felt the drug war was destined to failure...prohibition should have served as a shining example of how making such a common vice illegal ultimately breeds contempt for the law and fails.  The people who watched too much TV were the ones who bought into it working.  It's not hard to stigmatize certain drugs for a while (pot/heroin in the 60s, pot/coke in the 70s, coke/crack in the 80s, etc...), but you're never going to win a "war on drugs".  It's like having a "war on prostitution"...people have been getting fucked up (and fucking) for longer than we have recorded history, and I don't think it's bound to change in any of our lifetimes.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Red Forman wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Bingo.  People would go back to what would be illegal.  Hence the same situation we are in.
Except instead of the money flowing to drug cartels and other nefarious characters, the money flows to government coffers.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5392

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Except instead of the money flowing to drug cartels and other nefarious characters, the money flows to government coffers.
You think the cartel would just lie down and go away?
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6244|England
Bill Hicks & the war on drugs brilliant tbh
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Red Forman wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

No they would switch to other things like the mafia did after prohibition was repelled either that or become legit businessmen since they already have the skill and infrastructure.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Red Forman wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

What else can they do?  They would be forced to compete.  The incentive (mass profits) would be taken away from them.  They can try to get away with the bullshit strong-arm tactics and terrorism they pull in Mexico and Colombia but it will be a lost cause in the US.  Most likely they would look to another black market sector to exploit.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6646

Krappyappy wrote:

someone enlighten me as to how illegal growing could ever hope to compete with legal commercial operation?

cannabis is easy to grow. a large company with a license can produce a metric fuck-ton of it with little effort, inevitably driving prices down.
This is very true...a lot of talk about legalization in California mentioned tacking on taxes to the stuff being sold by dispensaries - a $50 tax per ounce was mentioned I believe.  But the price of an ounce of good buds would surely drop simply for the fact of people having to compete against eachother's prices.  And while I guess the government could regulate prices, that would be heading into territory I don't think many of the anti-drug crowd would be too keen on. 

Plus, as you mentioned, it would only take a short amount of time before some big company flooded the market with cheap, lower-grade stuff.  It would be a great way to put all the small time dealers out of business, while helping big corporations make a shitload of profit...and isn't that what America in the 21st century is all about?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

smuder201 wrote:

Bill Hicks & the war on drugs brilliant tbh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E49Y48AUTG4
this and +1
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6615|Camp XRay

cops would be so boring if drugs were legalized...
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Marlboroman82 wrote:

cops would be so boring if drugs were legalized...
Nah they'd just change the name to "Border Cops" and have even more stuff to tape.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard