BENBOBBY
+14|5578|UK
DICE are trying to add another thing to the patch which no one asked for; decreased accuracy for a short period while going prone.

I wouldnt mind so much if the deviation only lasted while actually proned, but it sounds likes it gets carried forward to other movements. So if you quickly go standing -> prone -> crouch -> standing accuracy is still decreased while standing! This means you cant effectively duck up and down behind cover, which will ruin infantry gameplay. Plus it slows down the pace of the game having to wait ages to aim.

In my opinion, the insta-prone tactic at the moment is pretty balanced; increased accuracy but a static target. In close combat its a huge disadvantage and are easily killed by someone strafling. At long range your an easy target for a sniper.

Vote and comment here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … ation.html

Thanks.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6014
Nah, you're wrong.

Instant proning makes it fucking hard to kill you in a 1v1 situation if it's timed correctly (IE as quickly as you can)

Idea is stupid, decent movement in BF2 lacks - crouch spamming is way better than than Z Ctrling behind an object, so I have no idea wtf you're on about and why you want this change.

Sorry to be gay - but I barely play inf because of poor movement and skill.
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6484
That link is for 2142 - I did not read it all...so unless it says its coming to BF2 - meh its nothing to worry about....
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6472|The Twilight Zone
No, so I can't quit the game
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Cute.Nemean^inf
+70|6344|The Netherlands
yay for EA/Dice..
BENBOBBY
+14|5578|UK

Hakei wrote:

Idea is stupid, decent movement in BF2 lacks - crouch spamming is way better than than Z Ctrling behind an object, so I have no idea wtf you're on about and why you want this change.
What about low objects, like walls for example. If you just crouch your asking to be headshotted!

{UK-US}Scotty wrote:

That link is for 2142 - I did not read it all...so unless it says its coming to BF2 - meh its nothing to worry about....
Try reading it then! lol It is for BF2, they are saying about bringing the prone deviation from 2142 into BF2.
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

kinda adds realism imo. You are right about slowing the pace of the game down though.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6151|Scotland!
I was one of the couple of people who asked for it in IRC and the producer added it the same day

suck it, bitches.
L.Sammy
+5|5657|Ireland

BENBOBBY wrote:

DICE are trying to add another thing to the patch which no one asked for; decreased accuracy for a short period while going prone.

I wouldnt mind so much if the deviation only lasted while actually proned, but it sounds likes it gets carried forward to other movements. So if you quickly go standing -> prone -> crouch -> standing accuracy is still decreased while standing! This means you cant effectively duck up and down behind cover, which will ruin infantry gameplay. Plus it slows down the pace of the game having to wait ages to aim.

In my opinion, the insta-prone tactic at the moment is pretty balanced; increased accuracy but a static target. In close combat its a huge disadvantage and are easily killed by someone strafling. At long range your an easy target for a sniper.

Vote and comment here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … ation.html

Thanks.
Ben i take it you havent read that part of the forums that dsays, nothing else in the patch will be changed, they have finished with the patch and are now getting it ready to go final. Which should be next week some time?
{UK-US}Scotty
+12|6484
Try reading it then! lol It is for BF2, they are saying about bringing the prone deviation from 2142 into BF2..
My bad....
L.Sammy
+5|5657|Ireland

Hakei wrote:

Nah, you're wrong.

Instant proning makes it fucking hard to kill you in a 1v1 situation if it's timed correctly (IE as quickly as you can)

LMAO, Its gay to buy 4 stars Hakei General Stats, http://bf2s.com/player/80526286/
BENBOBBY
+14|5578|UK

L.Sammy wrote:

Ben i take it you havent read that part of the forums that dsays, nothing else in the patch will be changed, they have finished with the patch and are now getting it ready to go final. Which should be next week some time?
Nope I hadnt tbh! Though I take it some changes are still being made based on the feedback from Beta 3. So wouldnt be hard to revert back to 1.41 settings I guess.

Apparently Bazajaytee has said he doesnt care if people dont like the prone deviation, its staying! What is the point in having a public beta and then not listening to the players! Though maybe if there is a lot of opposition he will actually change his mind...

Last edited by BENBOBBY (2009-07-23 04:33:30)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6151|Scotland!
because he added so many changes for public players and none for competitive players so we convinced him this is what the competitive community needs

so he added this and thinks he's doing the right thing

we'll make a promod with no deviation and watch you guys play a fail patch
BENBOBBY
+14|5578|UK

I'm Jamesey wrote:

because he added so many changes for public players and none for competitive players so we convinced him this is what the competitive community needs

so he added this and thinks he's doing the right thing
we'll make a promod with no deviation and watch you guys play a fail patch
lol you git. Are there enough people on promod to play it whenever you like tho?
L.Sammy
+5|5657|Ireland

BENBOBBY wrote:

L.Sammy wrote:

Nope I hadnt tbh! Though I take it some changes are still being made based on the feedback from Beta 3. So wouldnt be hard to revert back to 1.41 settings I guess.

Apparently Bazajaytee has said he doesnt care if people dont like the prone deviation, its staying! What is the point in having a public beta and then not listening to the players! Though maybe if there is a lot of opposition he will actually change his mind...
There is a vote on the server some where and its for the same thing bobby, but its split 50/50 so thats why its staying.

Alot of the people on the ea forums got this change. And baze said the only things that will change is the things that need fixing, like glicths or problems. No game play changes will be made.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6014

L.Sammy wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Nah, you're wrong.

LMAO, Its gay to buy 4 stars Hakei General Stats, http://bf2s.com/player/80526286/
Mm, you've got me there.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
You're an idiot
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6341|Orrstrayleea

L.Sammy wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Nah, you're wrong.

He got reset, you're dumb.

And Billy is right, it may encourage people to move around a bit more rather than "HIT ZED FOR INST-AIM BRAH"
BENBOBBY
+14|5578|UK

L.Sammy wrote:

There is a vote on the server some where and its for the same thing bobby, but its split 50/50 so thats why its staying.
Yep, but theres only 3 votes in it! I think a much larger majority should be needed to add something new to a 4 year old game that no one asked for (except Jamesey lol).

At first I was praising the whole voting system to decide different changes, seems an excellent way to make games. But now hes added something new so late on, and isnt even willing to listen to feedback. Arrrah!
L.Sammy
+5|5657|Ireland
I know about this about 8 weeks now. It seems that people did'nt watch the votes close anuff to see what was being changed.

The prone thing was decided after beta 2 was released, it went to a vote when beta 3 started so its a bit late now to try change it.

It might work, but i would'nt wish to hard.

He got reset, you're dumb.
And im ment to know this how? I admin a server, and the amount of name hacjkers and dicks with bots is really and eye opener. Thats why im always looking twice at anyone with a high score or 4 stars.

Blame the fags that spend money on hacks and stars.

Another thing fuzz, is this one of your ingame names> tR|.FuzZz

Last edited by L.Sammy (2009-07-23 04:59:35)

Sambuccashake
+126|6629|Sweden
If they bring the "proning rules" from 2142 then it won't be a problem since there's little to no wait (before standard aim is resumed) when going from prone to crouch.
So if you wanna prone behind a wall, crouch and pop up and shoot you'll be fine even with this deviation added.

I think this addition will improve the BF2 gameplay immensely.
Hakei
Banned
+295|6014

L.Sammy wrote:

And im ment to know this how? I admin a server, and the amount of name hacjkers and dicks with bots is really and eye opener. Thats why im always looking twice at anyone with a high score or 4 stars.

99% of server admins who call hacks don't actually know the truth. I too used to admin a server and there were so many bans on people that weren't actually hacking - our unban forum was full with requests of people with screenshots just before they got banned that showed no aimbot was present - never in those hours of admining a server did I ever have an unban request that I initiated.

What does my rank have to do with anything? So what if I did buy 4 stars? Instead of a logical post that refutes what I say, you're attacking me a person - common defense mechanism for anyone who's losing an argument or can't even actuate a response. It's such a inane tactic that is really one of my pet peeves.

Also; people who hack are not 'fags'. I've spoken to many hackers - A lot do it because they don't have the time to waste getting good at a game, and they'd like to actually enjoy the game without being instantly killed, which let's face it, will happen for the first 100 hours of playing BF2. No problem with people who hack for that reason - I'm usually in a jet/chopper - where hacks are pretty much pointless. In inf I'll just use movement and get a clanny to help / rush when he's reloading. Hackers are usually stupid and don't understand movement or have any form of IQ in regard to the game.

It's even more ridiculous you claim people who buy 'stars' are fags. How on Earth does it affect you what another player does in order to get 4 star? Why does it matter? Why do you take it so seriously? I'd still play BF2 if it was unranked, I love the game and I love the community. Being a 4 star was epic because I actually got commander whenever I wanted - and I'm one of the 1% of players who actually know how to play BF2 and how to win.
L.Sammy
+5|5657|Ireland

Hakei wrote:

L.Sammy wrote:

99% of server admins who call hacks don't actually know the truth. I too used to admin a server and there were so many bans on people that weren't actually hacking - our unban forum was full with requests of people with screenshots just before they got banned that showed no aimbot was present - never in those hours of admining a server did I ever have an unban request that I initiated.

What does my rank have to do with anything? So what if I did buy 4 stars? Instead of a logical post that refutes what I say, you're attacking me a person - common defense mechanism for anyone who's losing an argument or can't even actuate a response. It's such a inane tactic that is really one of my pet peeves.

Also; people who hack are not 'fags'. I've spoken to many hackers - A lot do it because they don't have the time to waste getting good at a game, and they'd like to actually enjoy the game without being instantly killed, which let's face it, will happen for the first 100 hours of playing BF2. No problem with people who hack for that reason - I'm usually in a jet/chopper - where hacks are pretty much pointless. In inf I'll just use movement and get a clanny to help / rush when he's reloading. Hackers are usually stupid and don't understand movement or have any form of IQ in regard to the game.

It's even more ridiculous you claim people who buy 'stars' are fags. How on Earth does it affect you what another player does in order to get 4 star? Why does it matter? Why do you take it so seriously? I'd still play BF2 if it was unranked, I love the game and I love the community. Being a 4 star was epic because I actually got commander whenever I wanted - and I'm one of the 1% of players who actually know how to play BF2 and how to win.
I am sorry for dis'in you. I never tought you could have been reset.

But the thing is stats are alot for most people that play this game. I play for fun, and i admin our clans server so our clan "fun clan" can have fun and enjoy the time we have to play.

An tbh for someone to buy a hcak because there crap at the game is a weak excuse, learn like the rest of us.

I also take 2 SS and look at guids before i ban, unless the person is just being a dick. But very few people have asked for there bann to be lifeted.
thepilot91
+64|6255|Ă…land!

Hakei wrote:

L.Sammy wrote:

true dat...only , you forgot to say its not the Low-IQ/skill players who are the fags buying the 4star accaount, its the noob selling it...
BENBOBBY
+14|5578|UK
Back on topic...

Sambuccashake wrote:

If they bring the "proning rules" from 2142 then it won't be a problem since there's little to no wait (before standard aim is resumed) when going from prone to crouch.
So if you wanna prone behind a wall, crouch and pop up and shoot you'll be fine even with this deviation added.

I think this addition will improve the BF2 gameplay immensely.
Ok, thats good news then.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6482|cuntshitlake

1.5 is a joke anyways and it's about fucking time EU starts using some kind of promod.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard