Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6693|Brunei Darussalam

Zombie_Affair wrote:

Agreed, that's a horrible helmet to use on a 'busa.
Agreed too.

To OP:

Sucks big time dude, i really feel bad for you!

Next time, take it easy and be extra careful. Now get on the bike again, as fast as possible, so you don't start to fear it.

Remember, there are only two types of bikers. Those who have fallen and those who haven't. Yet.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6235|S.A. Australia
Not to sound like a prick, but it didnt really sound like you were riding to the conditions at all.  If you're riding in shit weather you should always ride in such a way that if something does go wrong, you can control it.  I know that there are circumstances in which there is absolutely nothing you can do, but your situation just didn't seem like one of them...

With that said, it sucks that your dream bike got fucked up.  As said above, get back riding as soon as possible and just let this incident serve as experience.
Serious Flex
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
I honestly believe that the crash wasn't my fault, it honestly was an act of nature.
Reckon not.

Still, I can add you to my list of people who totalled their new motorcycle on day one.

The worst was a friend who was saving up to get married, took out a 100% loan to buy a brand new bike (didn't tell girlfriend) didn't buy insurance (he was already uninsurable) and totalled it within a few hours on a 'fun-run'.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-07-22 06:19:30)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5720|Gulf Coast

My best friend stood up last Thursday for the first time since May. He was in a bike accident and broke his right femur, left tibia and fibia. He also tore the tendons in both ankles and got some pretty ruthless road rash. He had to get rods, pins and screws for his legs and ankles. I'm not trying to one-up ya here, just saying you should be grateful it wasn't worse. Glad you're alright.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5750|شمال

GravyDan wrote:

You walked away.  The bike is replaceable.  I'd call it a good day.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ
So I finally went to the impound lot today and good news everybody! The damage seems to be almost completely cosmetic, at least from the outside.

It got towed to a shop, the shop owner is a friend of my girlfriend's mom's friend.

He said he can get the labor done for close to nothing, have a proper mechanical inspection on it and tests run on it to see if the frames bent or if the motor is fucked up or what not...

Overall though it is looking REALLY good as far as a positive outcome...

Plastics, new oil covers, new hand grips, new levers, new brake lines, new exhausts will probably total somewhere around $2200, maybe less, maybe more depending on where I get it and how cheap the fairings come in at

- Honestly, a good life lesson & a good lesson in mother nature + motorcycles and seeing how close I was to six feet under comes in cheap at $2200 and some roadrash

I could have killed someone or myself and I could have fucked another car up in the process. I probably got away with the best possible results if I can get the bike fixed up

Anyway - Here are the pics from the impound lot:

https://i30.tinypic.com/14wbmew.jpg

https://i32.tinypic.com/2jagnq1.jpg

https://i28.tinypic.com/2dbjg9c.jpg

https://i26.tinypic.com/8vvvyu.jpg

https://i27.tinypic.com/s6st2t.jpg

https://i30.tinypic.com/14wbmew.jpg

https://i32.tinypic.com/2jagnq1.jpg

https://i28.tinypic.com/2dbjg9c.jpg

https://i26.tinypic.com/8vvvyu.jpg

https://i27.tinypic.com/s6st2t.jpg

I guess it looked way worse on the road with debris all over the place but overall not bad at all for a bike going through a median and sliding
across the street @ 50mph

edit:

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Not to sound like a prick, but it didnt really sound like you were riding to the conditions at all.  If you're riding in shit weather you should always ride in such a way that if something does go wrong, you can control it.  I know that there are circumstances in which there is absolutely nothing you can do, but your situation just didn't seem like one of them...

With that said, it sucks that your dream bike got fucked up.  As said above, get back riding as soon as possible and just let this incident serve as experience.
Well the thing of it was that the conditions weren't like that at all when I was riding... If the wind was blowing as hard as it started in that turn I would have got off the road, pronto... on a straight away I would have been all over the place but the wind kicked up HARD as I started the turn and that's what fucked me

I didn't think about the fact that Monsoon season was starting up as because I was in Michigan 10 days prior and this was the first full day that I had spent in AZ, I just got in the night before the accident, and two days before I left for michigan I was in Mexico for 7 days so I wasn't really warmed up to the weather at all...

When I left for Mexico the average day was high of 106 with 2mph winds and 6mph gusts

My excitement for the new bike and my strong will to ride it ended in my demise. My girlfriend wanted to fuck before she left for 4 days but all I wanted to do was leave so I could RIDE on my motorcycle...

I left my moms house to ride home with the leaves in the trees rustling, and my parents said on the ride to my accident scene the branches were being ripped from trees and the trees were being ripped from the ground (small 10-15 foot trees, not Oak trees or some shit)

Last edited by GodFather (2009-07-22 14:47:15)

Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5816|Fattest Country in the world.

GodFather wrote:

and how cheap the fairings come in at
Ahaha, you are in for a shock .
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6673|A sunburnt country
Surely you'd be better off writing the bike off and claiming the insurance?  The bike will never be the same again anyway.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6235|S.A. Australia

GodFather wrote:

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

Well the thing of it was that the conditions weren't like that at all when I was riding... If the wind was blowing as hard as it started in that turn I would have got off the road, pronto... on a straight away I would have been all over the place but the wind kicked up HARD as I started the turn and that's what fucked me

I didn't think about the fact that Monsoon season was starting up as because I was in Michigan 10 days prior and this was the first full day that I had spent in AZ, I just got in the night before the accident, and two days before I left for michigan I was in Mexico for 7 days so I wasn't really warmed up to the weather at all...

When I left for Mexico the average day was high of 106 with 2mph winds and 6mph gusts

My excitement for the new bike and my strong will to ride it ended in my demise. My girlfriend wanted to fuck before she left for 4 days but all I wanted to do was leave so I could RIDE on my motorcycle...

I left my moms house to ride home with the leaves in the trees rustling, and my parents said on the ride to my accident scene the branches were being ripped from trees and the trees were being ripped from the ground (small 10-15 foot trees, not Oak trees or some shit)
My apologies, for some reason I got the impression that it was raining.  Winds a real bastard if you get caught out with a gust and yeah, there isn't much you can do when an invisible force pushes you in directions you don't want to go.  Plus the new toy thing, I think we've all been there  

Hope your bike's up and running soon mate.
Serious Flex
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6272
Could have been worse.
GodFather
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

Zombie_Affair wrote:

GodFather wrote:

and how cheap the fairings come in at
Ahaha, you are in for a shock .
Bout a thousand with all the plastics

I'm not shocked, I knew about this before

Still cheaper than a new bike
GodFather
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

VspyVspy wrote:

Surely you'd be better off writing the bike off and claiming the insurance?  The bike will never be the same again anyway.
We had to get insurance after the accident, because my dad was planning to do it the next morning but then, you know *crash*

He said he just didn't want to get the full insurance to cover it all after the bike was totaled because he thought that would be bad karma or some shit
Reciprocity
+721|6581|the dank(super) side of Oregon
just leave it damaged.  when you wreck it again you won't care.
GodFather
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

Reciprocity wrote:

If you aren't kidding you dont want that much drag from the scratches on a bike like that, it would make it unstable

Plus you HAVE to replace the handlebars and pegs and exhaust and brake lines for it to work
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

Bad helmet. Should have a chin guard riding a bike like that.
GodFather
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

JahManRed wrote:

Bad helmet. Should have a chin guard riding a bike like that.
As I said before, I was planning on getting a full face Shoei but all the motorcycle shops are closed on Monday
Defiance
+438|6671

Looks like a lot of bad timing on a lot of critical things...

Oh well, at least nobody's dead. /blunt.
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5816|Fattest Country in the world.

Defiance wrote:

Looks like a lot of bad timing on a lot of critical things...
I'm not putting Godfathers riding ability to shame, but every motorcyclist considers Hazard Perception and evaluates whether it's safe to ride or not. He made a bad choice riding in the conditions and paid the price, he will learn from it and move on. It will make him a better rider now.

Last edited by Zombie_Affair (2009-07-23 04:55:05)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
I feel bad for you man, but I had a feeling this whole thread was made by you so you'd could write this all off, and blame nature for this.
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6662|The Outer Circle

GodFather wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

If you aren't kidding you dont want that much drag from the scratches on a bike like that, it would make it unstable.
GTFO.. seriously? scratches make it unstable? its not a F1 car ffs... ill have to dig out some pics of me old fireblade that was battered, made no differance at all! get new pegs and clips ons, fuck the bodywork.. strip it off make it into a streetfighter!

https://image.automotive.com/f/custombikes/8621711+pheader/030_0403_01z+2000_suzuki_hayabusa+side_view.jpg

minus the paint ofc...

oh and an openface on a busa? its not a moped :s
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
GodFather
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

TPM-J45P3R- wrote:

GodFather wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

If you aren't kidding you dont want that much drag from the scratches on a bike like that, it would make it unstable.
GTFO.. seriously? scratches make it unstable? its not a F1 car ffs... ill have to dig out some pics of me old fireblade that was battered, made no differance at all! get new pegs and clips ons, fuck the bodywork.. strip it off make it into a streetfighter!

http://image.automotive.com/f/custombik … e_view.jpg

minus the paint ofc...

oh and an openface on a busa? its not a moped :s
You cant see the ones dug real deep in and the parts of the fairings that have been almost sheared off

I meant to mention cracks and scratches, like the crack where the left mirror should be

My dad took it up to 150 on the freeway the first day

I wouldn't want that thing to go to 150 again with cracks all over the plastics, which if its running again it will, because I know my dad
GodFather
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

Jebus wrote:

I feel bad for you man, but I had a feeling this whole thread was made by you so you'd could write this all off, and blame nature for this.
I made the thread to show how fucked up things can get on a motorcycle, maybe somebody somewhere sometime will be like, "hmm, it is windy today, and GodFather got totally fucked up when he took the chance, maybe I shouldn't ride today...."

I take credit for the fact that I should have / could have checked the weather to see if it was going to be super windy, which I wasnt expecting anyway, but it was getting late and I wanted to get home to go ride with my dad (he suggested me coming home to go on an hour long ride with him, so he also didn't think the conditions were bad)

https://i25.tinypic.com/eh13qv.jpg
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6716
have your dealer friend check the frame and headset to see if they are bent...
and they have aftermarket body work that is cheaper and just as good... racers use them to keep their stock bodywork from getting damage...
  And i'm not being a dick... but take a class on riding... even a roadracing class at a track... you will have a blast and learn a ton..
Do you ride dirtbikes also?   It helps to ride in the dirt and get used to sliding and braking...  have fun and ride safe...
Love is the answer
Boomer1120
Vagine Movie Thread Creator
+105|6742
that helmet is not ok....
GodFather
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

have your dealer friend check the frame and headset to see if they are bent...
and they have aftermarket body work that is cheaper and just as good... racers use them to keep their stock bodywork from getting damage...
  And i'm not being a dick... but take a class on riding... even a roadracing class at a track... you will have a blast and learn a ton..
Do you ride dirtbikes also?   It helps to ride in the dirt and get used to sliding and braking...  have fun and ride safe...
He said the frame actually looks good, and hes checking the subframe as I just hooked him up with the keys for the bike so hopefully I will have the mechanical / frame status by Friday or Saturday

I have taken the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) of AZ and learned a few things after riding for 5 months, that was on a Ninja 250cc though...

They had an advanced class for people to bring their own bikes and receive some advanced training and learn some good moves... I might have to do that, at least I hope they don't make me do another 5 hours of a class that I already know

I was also planning on taking the bike out into the parking lots and some unfrequented curvy slow roads to get the weight of the bike down and to perfect the turning and sort of different shifting (completely unrelated to my accident, I wanted to do this before my accident, but I had errands to run and the GF to see)

I was thinking a trackday might be fun but I came to the realization that its totally not for me until I get a lot of time on the bike down... I don't want to be pushing the limits before I even know what the limits are, you know?

Boomer1120 wrote:

that helmet is not ok....
Yeah I'm not wearing it anymore if that's what you mean

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard