Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664
I can't help but feel TF2 has gotten a lot worse since the last update. For starters the unlocks:

For the spy a weapon that gives him a 'get out of death free' card, and one that is overpowered in the hands of someone who can aim and doesn't fit the class at all to begin with, nor was it needed.
For the sniper a weapon that discourages actually sniping and instead just has snipers spamming arrows at chokepoints getting rage-inducing undeserved kills

Then there's the huge influx of terrible pyros. They were never this bad or numeous, I'm sure of it.
And lastly the class balance has taken a turn away from soldiers/heavies/demomen/medics to 2 snipers and 2 spies being the new mainstay of any team, with scouts and pyros to back them up. This has also made the teams in general shittier with people playing like it's 2fort all the time.

It's like half of the playerbase thought "fuck actually trying"

Agree Y/N?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6446
Agreed
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6446
im the bad pyro cheers for your kind words
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5799|Catherine Black
Agreed.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6422|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
It's hilarious using my syringe gun now I'm improving my medic kill streak, reached 9 a few days ago hehehe
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482

Lucien wrote:

I can't help but feel TF2 has gotten a lot worse since the last update. For starters the unlocks:

For the spy a weapon that gives him a 'get out of death free' card, and one that is overpowered in the hands of someone who can aim and doesn't fit the class at all to begin with, nor was it needed.
For the sniper a weapon that discourages actually sniping and instead just has snipers spamming arrows at chokepoints getting rage-inducing undeserved kills

Then there's the huge influx of terrible pyros. They were never this bad or numeous, I'm sure of it.
And lastly the class balance has taken a turn away from soldiers/heavies/demomen/medics to 2 snipers and 2 spies being the new mainstay of any team, with scouts and pyros to back them up. This has also made the teams in general shittier with people playing like it's 2fort all the time.

It's like half of the playerbase thought "fuck actually trying"

Agree Y/N?
N.

I shall now debunk your shitty whine(s):

a) Don't play pub - no spies, don't play with shit ass classes like that and don't have to deal with the poorly thought-out mess that is the Spy concept.
b) Be better than to get killed by arrow-spamming snipers at chokepoints; seriously, it's not hard.
c) "Terrible pyros" = pyros that can't kill you, surely?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6167|Vancouver | Canada

Uzique wrote:

a) Don't play pub - no spies, don't play with shit ass classes like that and don't have to deal with the poorly thought-out mess that is the Spy concept.
Spies used to be a good concept.

..But Valve keeps fucking with them.

Right after where they made the cloak replenishable with ammo packs....that's where they should've stopped messing with the Spy.

All the "noobs" never touched the Spy, because they failed so hard at the other classes that there was no way they could do anything as a Spy.
Now they're all "LOL I CN H3ADSH0T U IF I GET LUCKY".

"tl;dr": Bring the old Spy back Valve. The one that actually took more than a good/lucky aim to play.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482

DefCon-17 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Right after where they made the cloak replenishable with ammo packs....that's where they should've stopped messing with the Spy.

All the "noobs" never touched the Spy, because they failed so hard at the other classes that there was no way they could do anything as a Spy.

"tl;dr": Bring the old Spy back Valve. The one that actually took more than a good/lucky aim to play.
Spy was never a difficult class to play; it was a routine, nothing more challenging than that.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6167|Vancouver | Canada

Uzique wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Spy was never a difficult class to play; it was a routine, nothing more challenging than that.
You could say that about all classes.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664

Uzique wrote:

N.

b) Be better than to get killed by arrow-spamming snipers at chokepoints; seriously, it's not hard.
I'd like to be able to play on public servers and enjoy the game, thanks

It's not about being killed by random arrows, it's about the fact that the huntsman has encouraged a shitton of idiots to play sniper, so now 2 huntsman snipers per team spamming arrows is commonplace, lowering the quality of pub games further
Instead of spies that try to backstab, we've got dickwads running around with their dead ringers, spamming their new gun from a distance instead of actually going for backstabs. Again, shittier pub games.

And yeah, I get to kill a bunch of pyros that literally run straight at me. That's fun. Really, it makes the game that much more better.

But no uzique, you're right, I should just only play with a small group of people and I should learn to kill the lowest of the low that TF2 has to offer, because I can't do that already.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6281
Agreed. Almost every server has 2-3 Spies (Using Ambassador and not backstabbing), 2-3 Snipers (using Huntsman and not doing anything), 1-2 Scouts (using FaN and Sandman and generally just being annoying), and 2-3 Pyros (using the Backburner -.-).

Nobody is ever playing any helpful classes and games have been very frustrating lately. I've been saying the same myself when it comes to this new class balance, as have people on the Steam Forums. It would be nice if Valve did something about it. The problem is they can't really give the main combat classes any more powerful weaponry than they have at the moment because they're already really good.

It's just annoying.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-07-06 15:51:15)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6634|EU

Agree. Thats why I always take my time (or stick to favourites if not full) to find a server where are people playing like a team and where using useful classes is appreciated. But mostly its just luck to play with a team where is only one sniper and spy doing their job well.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

Agreed on the 2 snipers 2 spies every match is like 2fort thing.

Annoying tbh.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482

Lucien wrote:

Uzique wrote:

N.

I'd like to be able to play on public servers and enjoy the game, thanks

It's not about being killed by random arrows, it's about the fact that the huntsman has encouraged a shitton of idiots to play sniper, so now 2 huntsman snipers per team spamming arrows is commonplace, lowering the quality of pub games further
Instead of spies that try to backstab, we've got dickwads running around with their dead ringers, spamming their new gun from a distance instead of actually going for backstabs. Again, shittier pub games.

And yeah, I get to kill a bunch of pyros that literally run straight at me. That's fun. Really, it makes the game that much more better.

But no uzique, you're right, I should just only play with a small group of people and I should learn to kill the lowest of the low that TF2 has to offer, because I can't do that already.
The lowest of the low? What are you talking about, you're not even up to the "lowest of the low" standards yourself.

Generic pub-whine thread; best advice, as always... play elsewhere. Not rocket science.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6523|Gold Coast
Find different servers.

This server that I play on is fairly decent. Barely anyone uses spy and if they do, they do it right, few scouts (fkn love scout), sometimes a heavy or two with a medic in backup, and quite often on dustbowl we get the whole team going demo. When it comes to that its near impossible to win with so many stickies and shit.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

it shall pass, like every other update
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5995|Perth, Australia
I'm going to disagree.

Maybe it's the servers that i play on but i don't find the current situation that bad. Occasionally you will find that your team has a few too many spy's and snipers but that doesn't seem to happen all too much. Or at least not relative to the amount before the update.

My biggest pet-peeve at the moment is pyros that don't use their compression blast to put you out. Does anybody read the changelog? Did they not hear that you can extinguish fire with it? It's not like it's a complicated procedure, you press mouse2 and they fire goes out.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6413|dm_maidenhead
This is absolutely true. People just don't go the beefy attacking classes anymore. This is a screenshot from goldrush stage 2. We were attacking.
Here is a screenshot from a different day, defending. 3 spies, 3 snipers.
I would have more examples but I only started taking screenshots the other day.

And Uzique the thing about the rubbish pyros is not just the fact they are easy to kill. It's more annoying when they are on your team, making it more difficult to win.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6696|United States of America
Sounds like you play on pretty rubbish servers. You can't blame the update for the terrible pyros and snipers, since that's the problem with the people who are playing. The only change I've noticed is that spies are now a lot more brazen than before. They would rather run than attack you before if they couldn't get a backstab, but now I always seem they in payload maps, just crouching and firing the ambassador in a way never before seen.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6634|EU

Its best if server has an admin on or someone who is active and can gather up the team by talking to them. How many times I have seen a pyro who goes to guard engies toys against spies and if you put a heavy in front of the kart, the attacking team has a problem. But that's of course not a standard.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6281
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6634|EU

lol nice one
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6281
Hey I was just looking at the stats page and thought this was a good bit of info to post in this thread. The current most/least played classes.

http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php

The Heavy, Scout, Demoman and Soldier are the 4 least played classes in the game at the moment. Heavy has been last for a while, and Scout has a fairly small role to play on corridor push maps, but Soldier and Demoman being 3rd and 4th least played classes? That is all wrong. And that is why the gameplay quality in most servers at the moment is pretty damn poor.

So yeah 'play somewhere else' isn't really an issue when it's spread throughout the entire game. Sure you can sometimes find a server with real games going on but the rest of the time its like the stats say.
Eldu
+62|6118|Belgium
Yeah, it's like: Hey, let's play medic (Cause it's my fav class'n'all), hmmmz, where is someone to heal, oh look, a spy, let's heal him -__-.
Play some more heavy/fun classes .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard