GATOR591957
+84|6635
I've searched the archives and have not found anything on cheats and or hacks that are happening in the game.  Two incidents in particular come to mind.  One, a sniper sees me and drops down below a hill.  I move to the left abour 15'.  He pops up, I don't even hear a shot and pops back down.  Direct hit and I'm dead.  Having over 25,000 points by no means makes me an expert but I've been a sniper and I need to reaquire the target again to shoot.  The second is a helicopter shoots one shot with the machine gun and hits me when he passes me preparing for a return.  One shot, come on.  In talking with a friend he says there is a cheat called aimbot which helps tremendously.  I thought punkbuster was supposed to weed the cheaters out.  I'm interested in your thoughts.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6748|England

GATOR591957 wrote:

I've searched the archives and have not found anything on cheats and or hacks that are happening in the game.
LOL!

(sorry, just had to lol @ that bit...all you get on here is hax this and glitch that or pad the other )
GATOR591957
+84|6635
Yea, I figured after I wrote it that I'd get flamed.  I meant on aimbots.  I'm not familiar with them and was looking on information why they have not been able to weed them out.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6760
Aimbots?Watch this
GATOR591957
+84|6635
Was that in a ranked server or single player?  My original question is how do these cheats get passed the checks and balances that were put in place to prevent devices like aimbots.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

GATOR591957 wrote:

Was that in a ranked server or single player?  My original question is how do these cheats get passed the checks and balances that were put in place to prevent devices like aimbots.
The people that write the hacks update regularly, and Punkbuster does not.
GATOR591957
+84|6635
So I guess the answer to my question is it's up to the people who play fair to report the people who they believe are cheating.  But I would think that everyone who gets shot feels the other guy is cheating.  Forgive me as I babble.  I've seen threads on how to report suspected cheaters.  It's a shame that in a game of fun, someone has to resort to cheating.  At least I know my stats are legitimate.  Just look at my accuracy LOL.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6744|Salt Lake City

GATOR591957 wrote:

So I guess the answer to my question is it's up to the people who play fair to report the people who they believe are cheating.  But I would think that everyone who gets shot feels the other guy is cheating.  Forgive me as I babble.  I've seen threads on how to report suspected cheaters.  It's a shame that in a game of fun, someone has to resort to cheating.  At least I know my stats are legitimate.  Just look at my accuracy LOL.
Unfortunately, there are several classes of cheaters.

1. Those that don't see anything wrong with cheating if they achieve a goal (e.g. get awards or badges)

2. Those that think everyone else is cheating, so their cheating simply equilizes the game again.

3. Those that do it simply because they are asshats who get enjoyment out of ruining the game for legit players.

I'm sure there are other types, so if anyone wants to add to the list, feel free to do so.
Psycho.HuF
+-4|6611|S.Elgin
ROFL AT THAT VID!

I use to hack CS for reason number 3... Lol funny stuff in that game man
PRiMACORD
+190|6633|Home of the Escalade Herds
The only cheat i've ever used was the speed hack for CS that came out a loooooooong time ago - I only used it because it was COMEDY GOLD, once in a lifetime opportunity. Being able to fire an entire clip in the blink of an eye was just too funny, and running at like 100km/hr, that was the best damn cheat ever.

I remember this one game on cs_siege there was me on the server with the hack and another guy on the other team. We would both run around, slaughter each others team and then have this wicked duel out in the courtyard. It was too cool
FromTheAshes
+53|6713

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

1. Those that don't see anything wrong with cheating if they achieve a goal (e.g. get awards or badges)

2. Those that think everyone else is cheating, so their cheating simply equilizes the game again.

3. Those that do it simply because they are asshats who get enjoyment out of ruining the game for legit players.

I'm sure there are other types, so if anyone wants to add to the list, feel free to do so.
GATOR591957
+84|6635
Look At The Sig Asshoe. It's My Birthdate.  Do I Want A Fair Game, Yes.  I Worked To Get My Points And Rank.  Hope You Can Say The Same.  But By Your Comments Maybe You Can't.
CrazeD
+368|6681|Maine

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

You forgot the ones that are too crappy to get points any other way.

EDIT: By the way, that video was made in singleplayer and has no relation to an aimbot.

An aimbot is supposed to zero in when it sees an enemy, then all you have to do is shoot and it is supposed to hit wherever you told it to. The only game I've ever seen an aimbot work as it's supposed to is CoD. I'm sure CS has some, but I've never played that.

I don't believe there is a working aimbot for BF2. Close, but they don't quite work as they should (which is a good thing).

About the chopper, if one shot hits you then that's all it will take usually, and if they see they got the kill they will stop shooting. If it was the Havoc with the exploding cannon rounds, then it's very easy to get a one-shot kill, and I've done it several times. I've gotten one-shot vehicle kills with it.

I know I've killed people in very bazaar ways before, ways that I'm sure made them think I was cheating. None come to mind, but I know I've done it a few times with BF2. Just those lucky shots or something that you don't even think would have killed them but you just shoot before you run away and by luck kill them, or something like that. Well the same could have been their case. Maybe they just got a lucky shot off, but to you it seems like he was cheating because of that one lucky shot.

Last edited by CrazeD (2006-04-04 00:04:16)

Tealeaf1980
+1|6632

GATOR591957 wrote:

I've searched the archives and have not found anything on cheats and or hacks that are happening in the game.  Two incidents in particular come to mind.  One, a sniper sees me and drops down below a hill.  I move to the left abour 15'.  He pops up, I don't even hear a shot and pops back down.  Direct hit and I'm dead.  Having over 25,000 points by no means makes me an expert but I've been a sniper and I need to reaquire the target again to shoot.  The second is a helicopter shoots one shot with the machine gun and hits me when he passes me preparing for a return.  One shot, come on.  In talking with a friend he says there is a cheat called aimbot which helps tremendously.  I thought punkbuster was supposed to weed the cheaters out.  I'm interested in your thoughts.
This doesnt sound like cheating to me. When you got shot by the sniper you didnt really run far, moving over to the left a bit doesnt make it that hard a shot to line up. The helicopter sounds like it was a lucky shot. Both of these are possible especially if you didnt have full health.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6752|Malaga, EspaƱa
that vid darn...if that was an EA patch there would be a hell in Karkland going back to the ages of Quake 3
MelbourneVictory
+2|6654|Melbourne, Australia

Psycho.HuF wrote:

ROFL AT THAT VID!

You just got on my 'arsehole list'
mofo65
+6|6639|Valrico, FL USA

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Aimbots?Watch this
Dude wtf! that is fucked up, i new there were hacks out there,  but damn!  WTH is punkbuster doing about this. I did a google on aimbot it it is just sad how many sry ass cheats and hacking bitches  exist.  Thanks 4 the clip.
Quacki
+9|6739

MelbourneVictory wrote:

Psycho.HuF wrote:

ROFL AT THAT VID!

You just got on my 'arsehole list'
Well, I hope there were "cheat only" servers around. I think that would be very funny if you knew all were (or are) even. Maybe not, as cheats may vary in quality.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6648|Your moms bedroom
blah blah blah.... cheats cheats cheats... so maybe we need a complaint thread were we can flame guys we think are cheaters....... the only reason i even searched this topic is because i think ive found a cheater, but i dont have enough evidence to bust his ass... his fucking screen name  ends in version 2.0....... anyways..... i was playing on operation cleans sweep on a  wolf pack server, ill update there address in a bit, but one guy on my team was annhilating the enemies from the attack chopper (the enemies being the wolf pack clan) so i head over to the attack chopper to get in, dude gets in before me, takes me over to the killzone and lets me die, then flys off to kill more people no doubt in one shot im kinda pissed so im like wtf, dude is playing as squad leader with just himself, locked... i manage to swipe the attack chopper before i take off, and the thing is fucked up, i go to bank and my comp starts skipping like im lagging....... wtf!!!!!!!! crash and burn, get in the black hawk to see whats up, im running on 37 ping and medium video settings, no problems in the blackhawk... i bring this to the attention to everyone else on the server and the dude startss spamming me so no one can see what im typing... at this point im getting pissed... you know what happens next, the dude whos cheating complains to the admin.... (playing for the wolf pack clan) that im standing in front of his jet before he takes off... which i was (apperently this is a team effort) becuase he knew who the admin was, and i had no clue because i wanted to flame his cheating ass and im fucking mystified as to why i couldnt bank the the chopper... the dudes name is d>e>f>u>s>e>r___v2.0 (fishy chopper stats)and the admin was <wp> ectitan (looks clean)

*edited* clan site called New Wolves Den ip 66.36.238.238:16567

http://bf2s.com/player/d>e>f>u … ;r___v2.0/

Last edited by Locoloki (2006-04-11 23:20:26)

ComradeWho
+50|6703|Southern California
answer to your question

cheats don't get passed..

aimbot doesn't exist in this game, sorry, this game is so secure that the closest thing to cheats are fake cheat videos.

the guy was just that good. i've put in over 100 hours with the sniper rifle, check my stats if you don't believe me, some snipers are just that good.
PheloniusRM
+8|6706|Mission Viejo, CA
There is a reason why I try to command, snipe or do my engineer mine subterfuge thing as often as possible. It is because it isolates me from the people who cheat. Many do, many dont. I dont want to waste my time finding out who is cheating and padding someone elses stats. There are many real hacks for this game. Anyone that claims there isnt is either delusional or is trying to deflect attention from the problem. Ten minutes of google searching will yield a dozen files for you to try. It is pretty easy to spot someone using an aimbot. Within a millisecond of them seeing you they have a dead lock and they hold down the fire button until you die or they die. You jump, they pan up, you dive, they pan down. Its pretty easy to see.
millhous
+39|6645|OREEGONE, USA
I rarely ever see cheaters anymore.  Maybe its the fact that i only play Special Forces now.  Or that people have just given up on trying to feel special in the eyes of their peers.  I feel the concensus view is that nobody really cares about statpadders.  A major thorn in the side, now just a neusance that is easily spotted by veteran players and easily dealt with.
ComradeWho
+50|6703|Southern California

PheloniusRM wrote:

There is a reason why I try to command, snipe or do my engineer mine subterfuge thing as often as possible. It is because it isolates me from the people who cheat. Many do, many dont. I dont want to waste my time finding out who is cheating and padding someone elses stats. There are many real hacks for this game. Anyone that claims there isnt is either delusional or is trying to deflect attention from the problem. Ten minutes of google searching will yield a dozen files for you to try. It is pretty easy to spot someone using an aimbot. Within a millisecond of them seeing you they have a dead lock and they hold down the fire button until you die or they die. You jump, they pan up, you dive, they pan down. Its pretty easy to see.
see i've put in a couple hundred hours and I gotta say, when i die it's because somebody was in a superior position to kill me than i was to defend myself, because i was literally outclasses by somebody with a superior weapon, or i made some error and wasn't responding to the best of my ability. never been "cheated" out of a single fucking kill, except maybe by a team mate (and i'm not mad because i atleast can get a kill assit point). google all you want, there are a lot of failed cheat attempts. if you play and you think people in a server are cheating i suggest you play in ranked PB servers, or get much better at the game. when i see people whining about cheating here on this forum i just put em in the category of people who accuse me of cheating because i got a headshot on them, or because i don't hide as a sniper (much easier to snipe when people see you and stop to shoot.. can we say 'headshot'?).. or maybe the people who think that using a vehicle well is somehow cheating, or who spray and pray and are clearly playing frantically and frustratingly and angrily type "CHEATER!" at me when i put a burst into their upper torso... i really just don't see the cheating going on anywhere. the people i see in game with high ranks are either smart players using their brains in squad, people who've spend all their time in vehicles, or people who have put hundreds of hours in. there's nothing to deflect at all.
mad scotsman
+177|6616|scotland
there must be cheats out there, just yesterday on my server a guy admitted to having one, it was on kubra, this guy was at intake (by himself and he was a private no less) and a squad of 4 guys were going down the hill were on three seperate occations he killed ALL OF THEM with one hit kills with a pistol. this is from intake to the construction, he was on uav and was shot at many times with no avail due to the distance. even snipers tried to get him lol...quite funny i suppose but none the less cheating and not tolerated

the guys asked him HTF he managed that and he said he used a cheat and which point he was banned by the admin.

there are also many times during the day when we see a message "so and so has been banned" so i check the console to see why and it states "GAMEHACK" which means this guy has been hacking for a while but PB has updated and is now able to detect it, so im sure he will go get an updated version and go back to playing with his hack,like people say ANYONE that says there are no hacks are just ignorant or use them themselves and try to deflect suspision through ignorance.
GATOR591957
+84|6635
After starting this post I have heard from many players complaining about the same cheats.  Saw one the other day a guy was shooting through walls.  My problem is knowing that there are hacks out there you tend to think everytime you get killed the guy is hacking.  I think that if a player is banned for suspected hacks his point should be wiped immediately.  There has to be a severe penalty for cheaters to help prevent it.  There are a lot of companies making a lot of money selling these cheats.  My friend knows a guy who bought a hack for $80.00.  Provides him the ability to resist bullets.  A good way to spot cheaters is by their stats.  Look at their points per minute graph.  When you see they've played a while and all the sudden the average goes up drastically he bought the cheat.  I know you can raise your avg. by unlocks and general skill improvement but some of these are very obvious.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard