Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
It's about goddam time.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2666/

Left 4 Dead has been updated to include a lobby browser. The lobby browser (under Play Online) will show you a list of optimal games available for you to join. The browser pares down the thousands of lobbies and games currently being played to show you the best list of games available to you. This list includes official and add-on campaigns, including add-on campaigns you have not yet installed, making it a great way to discover them. You can filter by difficulty, official and/or add-on campaigns and by lobbies and/or games in progress. The specific changes include:
A case of 'better late than never' or a case of 'too little too late'?. YOU DECIDE. Nobody on my friends list plays this game anymore so i'm leaning towards the 2nd at the moment.

Thoughts?

Err this post is a bit too negative. I'm really glad they've implemented this. If i get into it again at some point it'll definitely help things .

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-07-17 11:11:26)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Hey, I still play L4D, it's just no one is ever on.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
Wooo

That's an impression of me were this 6 months ago.

Me now:
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Oh right. Well you play a lot later than us don't you.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

DU still plays sometimes.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I'm up for a game right now.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Well i'm not my computer is broken
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

DSL, I'll play with you.

Get haffey and karhu.

Last edited by Miggle (2009-07-17 12:52:22)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Why the Hell did it take so long? It's a pretty damn simple thing to impliment. Surely it shouldn't take over half a year to add a server browser in a multiplayer title that should have shipped with one anyway.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
t0mhank5
+319|6682|Surge

Ty wrote:

Why the Hell did it take so long? It's a pretty damn simple thing to impliment. Surely it shouldn't take over half a year to add a server browser in a multiplayer title that should have shipped with one anyway.
console games are infecting (ha ha) our PC way of lives. I've always felt insulted by console MP "matchmaking".
that seems to be the best explanation.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia
Yeah i'm leaning towards 'too little too late'. I really like playing this game but there never seems to be that many people online and I doubt this will bring many back.

Still an awesome lan game though.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia
Oh God.

I just tried the server browser. It found one server with seemingly no one in it. I had low hopes for this update and they have just lived up to expectations.

Oh well, thankfully you still have openserverbrowser.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard