Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5759|شمال

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Beduin wrote:

lol... It is the same
What do you mean?
i think he is saying stoning and killing a woman for wearing something is the same as saying they cant wear something.
YOU can choose to look at it that way or you can say both of them limits personal freedom.

The masses here in EU can hardly understand the veil, how the fuck can they understand burqa?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina

Beduin wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

What do you mean?
i think he is saying stoning and killing a woman for wearing something is the same as saying they cant wear something.
YOU can choose to look at it that way or you can say both of them limits personal freedom.

The masses here in EU can hardly understand the veil, how the fuck can they understand burqa?
If you're equating killing people with limiting people, that's fucking ridiculous.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

Spearhead wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

If I went downtown wearing the same thing the woman in the OP was wearing most likely I'd be arrested or fined or at least question by someone in law enforcement

Its a security risk, at least here in the US... who knows what you could be packing by wearing shit like that
questioned probably... arrested or fined probably not. Unless there was intent to cause social unrest or chaos.
Cant remember where I read it... maybe its a state law or just a city thing but somewhere I heard that if you wear any kind of mask (at least in areas where theres a lot of people) you'd get in trouble

I used to airsoft with some people... so we were always on the lookout for that kinda info (for safety and watnot)
If the intent is to be mischievous or to cause trouble then yes (but even that has to be proven). Of course private property is a different story.. like walking into a bank with said mask on.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX
Okay, I can see it now.  An all-female team of bank robbers, dressed in Burgas, with gloves and sunglasses.  Seems like a perfect outfit, and you can't start asking about Muslim women, because that would be 'profiling.'
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

imortal wrote:

Okay, I can see it now.  An all-female team of bank robbers, dressed in Burgas, with gloves and sunglasses.  Seems like a perfect outfit, and you can't start asking about Muslim women, because that would be 'profiling.'
Again private property.. banks can and do ban people from wearing sunglasses and hats as well.

Xbone Stormsurgezz
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX
Okay, first.  I was talking about here in the states.  If you walk in the door (even in a burga) waving a gun, the teller is not going to ask you to take off your sunglasses.

Second.  Okay, leave off the sunglasses, just wear colored contacts. After all, the eyes are about all they will see, right?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

imortal wrote:

Okay, first.  I was talking about here in the states.  If you walk in the door (even in a burga) waving a gun, the teller is not going to ask you to take off your sunglasses.

Second.  Okay, leave off the sunglasses, just wear colored contacts. After all, the eyes are about all they will see, right?
I do not understand your first point. Have you not seen the signs to remove hats and sunglasses?

Sunglasses hide more than eye color. Brow line and eye shape is a distinguishing characteristic.. possibly more so than eye color.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX

Kmarion wrote:

imortal wrote:

I do not understand your first point. Have you not seen the signs to remove hats and sunglasses?

Sunglasses hide more than eye color. Brow line and eye shape is a distinguishing characteristic.. possibly more so than eye color.
They don't have those signs here in Texas- not that I have seen.  I guess our hats and shades are more accepted here.

You are correct that there is more to the eye area than just color.  However, if you make something very noticeable, say for example cat iris contacts, the natural human reaction is to focus on the most obvious characteristic, tending often to over-emphasize it to the exclusion of other details.

Oh, and this is getting to be a much too serious discussion for what was supposed to be a humorous suggestion.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

imortal wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

imortal wrote:

They don't have those signs here in Texas- not that I have seen.  I guess our hats and shades are more accepted here.

You are correct that there is more to the eye area than just color.  However, if you make something very noticeable, say for example cat iris contacts, the natural human reaction is to focus on the most obvious characteristic, tending often to over-emphasize it to the exclusion of other details.

Oh, and this is getting to be a much too serious discussion for what was supposed to be a humorous suggestion.
Welp.. some of them do.. http://www.securityinfowatch.com/Execut … dress-code

lol.. sorry there is no way for me to take this seriously. My point was the legality of asking customers what to wear (or not wear).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Beduin
+510|5759|شمال

Turquoise wrote:

Beduin wrote:

usmarine wrote:

If you're equating killing people with limiting people, that's fucking ridiculous.
If....
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX

Kmarion wrote:

imortal wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

...as I said, "not that I have seen."  These signs have not made it as far as Austin yet, that I can see.

And watch who you call whelp, youngster!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6770

Beduin wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Beduin wrote:

If....
you are a crazy arab
Turquoise
O Canada

Beduin wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Beduin wrote:

If....
Well, if you're not making that equivalence, then surely you can see that what France is doing is nowhere near as bad as what countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia do.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

imortal wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

imortal wrote:

...as I said, "not that I have seen."  These signs have not made it as far as Austin yet, that I can see.

Whelp, you're too kind.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Beduin
+510|5759|شمال

Turquoise wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

If....
Well, if you're not making that equivalence, then surely you can see that what France is doing is nowhere near as bad as what countries like Iran and Saudi Arabia do.
My friend, you are talking about the way they do it. Am talking about what they are doing.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Turquoise
O Canada

Beduin wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Beduin wrote:

If....
My friend, you are talking about the way they do it. Am talking about what they are doing.
The way makes all the difference.  The ends do not justify the means, and by the same token, identical ends do not render means identical or morally equivalent.

For example...   A high enough fine might cause people to stop wearing burqas.  Killing people who wear burqas would also cause people to stop wearing them.  However, just because the same behavior is curbed, the methods are clearly different.  The first method is tolerable.  The second method is barbaric.

So again, the way makes ALL the difference.
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX

Kmarion wrote:

imortal wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Whelp, you're too kind.
You are what... 33, 34?  I got you beat.  Born 2-2-72
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6609|132 and Bush

imortal wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

imortal wrote:

Whelp, you're too kind.
Whelp, clearly you've done your research.. although this age fascination is borderline stalking. I once heard Texans top out at like age 14 intellectually anyways. 3 years between you and I. I quite like the idea of being consider a youngster. More please.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
imortal
+240|6674|Austin, TX

Kmarion wrote:

imortal wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Whelp, you're too kind.
Whelp, clearly you've done your research.. although this age fascination is borderline stalking. I once heard Texans top out at like age 14 intellectually anyways. 3 years between you and I. I quite like the idea of being consider a youngster. More please.
No, it isn't stalking until I have tracked down your parents and interviewed them to find your most embarrasing adolesclent stories.  However, my plane for Florida leaves in... a little bit.  Besides, my maturity level maxed out around 19 (I am not a natural born Texan; I was born in Florida.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6299|Éire
Are they going to ban yarmulke's too? I mean seen as they're getting all picky and all.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

CameronPoe wrote:

Wow. France is losing the plot. Dictating what people should or shouldn't wear. How 'free'. If she wanted to take the fucking thing off then she should TAKE THE FUCKING INITIATIVE HERSELF.
Good point ! if not in sync  with my inner glee !
Always distrustful of Hat Religions I am.  I know I can barley contain myself at a Catholic funeral when they start ringing bells and tossing smoke bombs. Those burqas are a Driving hazard and completely out of place at a Water Park, It looks really funny when they Have on white Nike sneakers, Be a blast to watch them play tennis. A step up from Venus and her sista too.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

Braddock wrote:

Are they going to ban yarmulke's too? I mean seen as they're getting all picky and all.
Where can I get a Good Sports Yarmulke? you know, Day Glow - Neoprene ? Something that looks cool at the Gym and doesn't fly of when I am at the Do-Jo ?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
You bump this thread just for that?

Wow.

DST is not what it used to be.

Oh, wait. Oh, yeah.

Nevermind.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

You bump this thread just for that?

Wow.

DST is not what it used to be.

Oh, wait. Oh, yeah.

Nevermind.
How is ghetto gonna read that ? I bump anything I want, What - you gotta follow me around and watch what I do ? Oh, wait. Oh, yeah.

vapid ~ !
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6482|Kakanien
on the 14th of september 2010, the french senate has finally decided to ban burkas (in public)

italy has already banned burkas a long time ago (1975). edit: belgium has done so some months ago

the governments of switzerland, denmark, spain and the uk are discussing (or will discuss) such a ban

Last edited by cl4u53w1t2 (2010-09-15 16:39:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard