ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command
Is not a place we should be spending lives and treasure on.

It is an unfixable shithole. Who cares what the Islamic fanatics do to each other?

It is time we declare victory or apathy and gtfo.

I don't care about finding OBL anymore. He is a boogyman.

Anybody who thinks that their thinking and way of life can be changed is wrong. So, we didn't find OBL, who cares?

Lob a few tons of bombs and then warn them that any terrorism outside their own borders, especially those directed against us will result in carpet bombing.

This perpetual war is getting boring.

You think the Russians aren't assisting the militants? By staying in pukistan we are playing into the russians hands. Think they've forgotten the Stinger missiles we gave the Muj?

This is a epic waste of time, soldiers and energy. These people will never change, and who gives a flying fuck anyway if they do or don't.

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/ … of-empires
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England
Ah man I was getting into that article and then it whacked me with the premium crap. Yeah look at that, even the original ATG found it tough

But yeah, the only thing that has ever truly conquered Afghanistan is Islam. It took a messed up fanatical religion (and Mongol hordes) to change them, even back when Afghanistan was a bunch of Buddhists and Hindu's the place and people were nuts, it's the water...

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-09 08:53:11)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

ATG wrote:

Is not a place we should be spending lives and treasure on.
a guy at work here, who's in the reserves, said yesterday some of his unit is being
deployed to trashcanistan. the name is apropo . . .
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6296|Éire
Don't even bother with lobbing tons more bombs there, just blacklist Afghanis from entry to the US until they get their house in order (or forever if you prefer, you don't owe foreign nationals anything) and lock down your own border. Spend the millions wasted abroad on domestic security infrastructure at home. Cutting down on Middle Eastern meddling in general would also win a few hearts and minds too.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6459|The Twilight Zone

ATG wrote:

It is an unfixable shithole. Who cares what the Islamic fanatics do to each other?
Now you backup when oil reserves are low and no nukes are to be found there.
/joke

Its what fanatics do to the civilians is what makes military presence necessary there
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5617|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
*Nuke them tbh. Pull the troops out, then hail of nukes/regular bombs.

*[sarcasm]Let the UN deal with it[/sarcasm]
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5756|شمال
Afghanistan, THE Graveyard
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard