JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA
As posted on the Battlefield blog:

There is an unforseen network issue causing Packet Loss that feels like lag and causes players to warp around or rubber-band.  This is being looked into and a top priority for DICE.  If you have lag don't freak out because the good news is it isn't the game or the server causing the issue. That mean we do not need to issue a patch and this will be fixed very soon.  We would like you to keep playing to help us spot areas going bad which helps us fix it even faster.

For the issue of not being able to log into your account is a separate issue and also being looked into in parallel.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/
Sounds like it's not their fault, especially if it's not on their end. But man BF games do seem to have crappy launches.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5969|The Mitten
...reminds me of the AA3 launch..

"Umm, so apparently people wanted to play this game, and, uhh... our servers crashed because of the load..."
EE (hats
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
What's with the 'Bwahahahahahaah' in the title? Loads of game launches have these sorts of problems at first.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-07-08 12:44:06)

Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Bwahahahahahahahahaha you're a dick bwahahahahhahahahahha
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Definitely gotta wait a few weeks before considering the game, a downloadable only game like this which is 100% based on online, it's a must that you wait, look at the feedback and let them iron out the issues before splashing the cash
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6512|Sammamish, WA

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

What's with the 'Bwahahahahahaah' in the title? Loads of game launches have these sorts of problems at first.
The bwahaha was from my original idea for the post when I was going to mock EA for yet another botched BF-series launch. But when I read more carefully I realized it was outside of their control and chose not to. I just forgot to remove it from the thread title.
TrECeNTeRs
+1|6793
Sounds like it's not their fault, especially if it's not on their end. But man BF games do seem to have crappy launches.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/bat … index.html

Like this one?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard