LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6701|Charlie One Alpha
Drag me to Hell, the new film by Sam Raimi that has him returning to his horror/comedy style that he used for Evil Dead and Army of Darkness.

I give it a 8.5/10.

It's surprisingly frightening and creepy, although the ending is ultra-predictable and because of that, slightly disappointing.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Damn, really?
In general, the plot was well thought out, but there were some scenes that were just plain stupid.

It got boring. 2h20min was way too long. Definitely not worth seeing in theatres. Get it when it comes out on DVD if you really want to watch it.

Poseidon wrote:

Public Enemies - 8/10

Nothing absolutely spectacular...but a pretty good movie. Worth watching for the action scenes if anything.

Depp's acting was superb. As usual.

mtb0minime wrote:

Public Enemies. 8/10.

Great action sequences (as always, ty Michael Mann), good acting, not-so-great character development. For pretty much the entire movie, I was sitting there being reminded of Heat, but since Heat was so much better, I was wanting to watch that instead.
Man, you guys are bumming me out. I was really looking forward to that.
I went to see it with 5 other people, all of which were adults and most of us see pretty much every big movie and not a single one of us liked it.  So bloody boring, 2 of us fell asleep and I ended up getting distracted and texting during it.  It was really bad.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone
Direct Contact
10/10
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Brasso
+1,549|6622

Transformers 2

6/10

I had heard it was absolutely shit from others but it was the only one to watch last night.  That being said, it wasn't that bad.  I actually thought it was pretty good.  I liked the first movie more though (at least the first half of it that I've seen).
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5973|Toronto
Public enemies: 3/10.

Worst cinematography I've seen in a while, looks like it was made by a bunch of thirteen year olds. The firefights were way too long, and the plot is totally predictable and uninteresting. Also, 2h20 is a joke. It should be 45 min, max. Kudos to Depp though, he saved it from a 1.
I like pie.
madmax
+12|6254|perth, w.a.
dead snow 8/10

final a horror movie with zombie nazi's
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
Deception 7.1/10

Ian McGreger and Hugh Jackman
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6659

Transformers 2.  7/10.
My 4 year old got bored of the middle part.
My 11 year old thought it was ok.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Decepticon tongue girl was a bad idea.
WTF?  More bots were killed by the military than by the other bots!!!!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand
Duplicity

?/10

I watched it on the plane, couldn't follow it at all.
I know fucking karate
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6189|Winland

Alt Pupil, 9/10. Very good, but I got disappointed when the old man failed to put the cat in the oven.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6632|Your moms bedroom
Taken

4/10  3/10

unoriginal, Liam is terrible as an action hero. Cool fight scenes, terribad plot and story. I love how as soon as they land in the US everything is just fine. Too bad your daughter was just drugged out for the past 2 days and sold as a sex slave, not to mention you just killed 70 people in a foreign country, and shot a defense ministers wife. ....

actually im going to give this a 3/10
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon

Locoloki wrote:

Taken

4/10  3/10

unoriginal, Liam is terrible as an action hero. Cool fight scenes, terribad plot and story. I love how as soon as they land in the US everything is just fine. Too bad your daughter was just drugged out for the past 2 days and sold as a sex slave, not to mention you just killed 70 people in a foreign country, and shot a defense ministers wife. ....

i concur
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6733|United States
Knowing.

9/10

Pretty awesome movie, excellent plot, and special effects were cool as well.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5925|United States
Ice Age 3: 8 /10

I watched it in 3d , really exciting plot and good action scenes as well, plus some humor thrown in
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6574|SE London

Bert10099 wrote:

Knowing.

9/10

Pretty awesome movie, excellent plot, and special effects were cool as well.
Seriously?

I thought it was one of the biggest piles of crap ever. It entertained me for a while and a lot of it made me laugh, but it was absolutely dire.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

Locoloki wrote:

Taken

4/10  3/10

Thank you, finally someone who agrees with me. It was entertaining, but it wasn't in any way a good movie. And yes, whoever cast Liam Neeson for that role was a moron.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
Year one

6/10

Decent film, some funny moments. Nothing too special, but a film nonetheless.
Defiance
+438|6663

Minority Report. 8/10 | Great sci-fi bits, good characters. It seems like the plot took a narrative jump at the end though. "We're going to explain everything right now!"

Gattaca. 10/10. Pace was a tad slow for my tastes, but it doesn't profess to be an action flick. Superb sci-fi film.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
watchmen

0/10

what a load of fucking shit.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

Gran Torino

9/10

Very good movie. Clint Eastwood's a great director and actor.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

m3thod wrote:

watchmen

0/10

what a load of fucking shit.
get out
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

"Knowing".. I guess I would say not as bad as I had heard. Definitely a renter. Don't regret watching it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6404|Belgium
In Bruges  7/10

One thing that bugged me though was the accent of the locals. Now I know how Brits feel when American actors completely fail to use a credible accent, and vice versa. It was very obvious to me that most of them were francophones. The only realistic accent I heard was from the guy sitting at the entrance of the belfry because he actually was Flemish, unlike the rest of the "locals" who were either Walloon, French or even Dutch (Thekla Reuten who played Marie).
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5452|Yeah, there :)
My Bloody Valentine 5/10

I expected more(since a friend watched it 10 times). It was okay, I guess
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5929|CANADA
The Usual Suspects 8/10

at the end i was like lolwut

Board footer