-=Meshekal=-
+2|6713|United Kingdom
I serisouly don't understand guys like this....They think online rank are meaningless? To them, maybe. Yes. So why do they continue to play on Ranked servers? Why don't they go play on servers with no ranks. Makes sense.

Also, the 'we have to pay for' concering the boosters is pure bollocks. EA are not forcing anyone to buy anything. That is truth. You're sad desperate need for that little unlock that really isn't much better than the basic guns if used right is what it is.

Enough of that though.

I do find it quite amusing what they've done. It might actually get EA's attention and maybe even force them to consider puttting BF2 through a proper Beta, then actually fixing the bugs found, rather than noting them down and thinking 'oh well, there's expansion material for us'.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
You should use the language tools thing on Google.It translate loads or Languages it works great i use it for my French homework and get good marks.When im really bored i type in cock and learn how to say it in portugese just for the fun of it,never know when im going to have to tell someone that i wish they had aids and they should go and die in spanish.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6760|Singapore

Flecco wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Touch My Balls.
Deep and meaningful post....
No seriously. Some people got shortchanged when God gave out the sense of humor.
VidSicious
+25|6745
LMAO.  Around the warehouse today whenever someone asks for something the reply seems to be: "Touch my balls!"

I think this could be the new 'diss of the day.
-=Scott=-
+2|6804|San Diego, CA
Thank you for the clear translation.

On a side note I don't think this pisses off EA it pisses the players off so this is pretty much a useless publicity stunt. They said they will keep making new accounts and doing it, well EA can just release another patch to fix that exploit.
Or as other people said a hardware ban which is a combination of cd key and hardware serials I believe.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6601|Washington, DC

VidSicious wrote:

LMAO.  Around the warehouse today whenever someone asks for something the reply seems to be: "Touch my balls!"

I think this could be the new 'diss of the day.
Don't say it near AlphaDrake or he'll take it for real.

Here are my two cents on this:

-BF2 is a great game, anybody who denies that probably just doesn't like this type of gameplay. I have never been adversely affected by bugs

-The stats system has its flaws, but with intelligent reports and intelligent people at EA (the dumbasses reset KShN|KN for his 18K BRS, even though it was a glitch and when he got it he reported himself to EA)

-While I do support these guy's general ideas, they didn't do it the right way IMO... although with the way EA is doing things, this was probably the only way to grab their attention. DICE depends on input from the community, and EA tends to tell them all this input. If EA's attention isn't being brought up to these issues, DICE won't fix them. So this might've been the only way to tell EA, "Hey, this bug needs fixin'". And think about it, nobody was adversely affected. They even admitted themselves.
torinogtman
+0|6604

Stun_Gun wrote:

I agree with the clan. I think it was good they did this point thing cuz as you can tell by all the post on MANY different sites it grabbed our attention.

Euro Force sucks, i even think great walls blows. EA did really good on making plenty of money on BF2 and also made alot on SF, But i think euro and the up coming booster pack should come free, just like when wake 2007 came with a patch.

I dont think we need to keep paying for these little add ons. I think they should come with a patch to keep us playing the game and enjoying it.

Again I agree with this clan on what they did, EA needs to fix these bugs. and im glad this clan showed how this bug can be used and how many points they can make on little time.

I dont think anyone should look at this clan in a bad way, they were simply showing EA. And im sure EA is working on it now.
I agree that the occasional little add-ons like the Wake map should be free, but to charge for small optional booster packs for a nominal fee is warranted. It takes time (which equals money in the business world) to create these booster packs. I don't think the booster packs bring in lots of new vanilla BF2 sales (where they get most of their money). EA needs to keep the revenue stream coming in after the initial game sales. By maintaining a revenue stream we get support for the game (as lame as it may be) and support for the servers (as lame as it may be).

Now, the fact that these new boosters may lead to bugs and even more patches is another issue though.

If we were paying a monthly user fee, then I think that booster packs should be free.

Most games for the PC are priced the same, however with BF2 I am going to get way more play time than a normal game. IMHO - I have received good value for the game. Booster packs just give the game more play time with a few new tricks to renew interest.

As far as this clan's actions are concerned, I'm a little wishy-washy. I'm glad they outed an exploit that others may have or might use in the future. My stats are MY stats and I only use them to gauge my player growth, oppotunities to improve and to compare with my friends stats. I'd know if they cheat because I'd see their huge increases, but they wouldn't do that anyway.
Gen. Payne
+50|6677|USA
The thing I don't get is, why are they complaining about the game they bought? EA didn't put a gun to their heads saying "Buy Euro Force or Die!!"
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6668
i think they're just trying to warm up to you guys for sloppy joe sex
mimah
Critically Wounded
+6|6672|A van down by the river!
I like the stat system just to keep track personally of my performance i know i will never be one of the best but i like facts and figures it helps me see where i need to improve i am not mad at them cause it didnt change anything for me i just use the stat system for personal use however i can see where they are coming from although i dont agree
sermsys
+1|6601
I hope EA/DICE (well DICE is now part of EA) will start making REAL GOOD changes now.
thanks to CEA
joker8baller
+68|6637
Varegg. Complete Disagreement here.

Many companies have given stuff out for free. Previously the makers of 1942 made stuff for free. Aka new maps... That's mainly what people are asking for. Like myself, I would like to see a Coral Sea 2007, Midway 2007, Stalingrad 2007, Battle of Britain 2007. Or other such maps. Personally, we need like an air-map that only used the air-to-air units. Defintely be interesting there. A good comapny like this would be Steam. Good, always trying to fix everything, and they didn't change the game too much due to complaints... and the patches don't have major bugs...

Some people believe that paying 10 bucks for a booster pack, for a game that ALREADY HAS BUGS, seems to be a little to much, and the booster packs comes with patches for the game, which introduces even more bugs... See what we're getting too? Why come out with booster packs, when the game is sooooo buggy already.

EA should give a choice, major bugs were found, and many have not EVEN BEEN LOOKED AT. Refer to previous threads. I know there's a really indepth one of 40+ bugs....

I play for fun and stats because I want weapons/badges to use, but mainly I play with my clan for teamwork... But when major problems such as bugs are present, and all these noobs expoliting it, it gets a bit tiring. I mean stats aren't going to hurt you so CEA did nothing to hurt our game... If you care about CEA, then you obviously care about your stats and those that are ranked higher.... I mean seriously, if they were trying to cheat don't you think they would've gotten to a lower rank say First Lieut? Or around 200-300k points so it wasn't not as noticeable say 3million? They wanted attention brought to the game in an effort to help them out. I respect them for this, and not releasing it to the public... This would bring mass mayhem.

My respect for people has decreased due to the noobs complaning about c4 junking, noob tubing, b-hop, dolphin dive, planes. I never gave a shit on what they did or why they did it. I just introduced them to a few bullets to the head, and they're gone. I mean seriously, I've shot down planes, killed noob tubers, killed b-hoppers... Not really that hard, just gotta know when to shoot and such. The people that ruined the game are the skilless noobs that are getting owned hard.

Adapt and Kill.

If the noobs stop complaining EA will STOP nerfing perfectly balanced shit.

So CEA. Congrats man. Way to stick it to the man, and not letting noobs exploit a glitch.
KX500Racer
+4|6814
I will revert to my usual.

Anyone remember the old days of computer games?  Before internet and patches?

I'll continue to give my money to EA.  Cool game.  I laugh how many people here will bash EA all day long and bring up BS about the add ons but they will continue to buy and download all the stuff EA and DICE feed us.  I've put up with these kind of winners for the last eighteen years of my career!

So the nerds found a exploit.  Big deal.  What they did doesn't effect my game play.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|NÃ¥rvei

Well joker8baller - so if u find a loophole in your socialservices u exploit it to get attention ?

The issue here is how u conduct business.

Cause guns are deadly u dont shoot your neighbour to prove a point and the same applies for this - u report bugs and glitches because thats the proper way to do it !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Glorified Hackers.. Amazing.
Play by the rules or dont play.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6624
I think open source game engines with copyright protected (but still open for modders by their very nature) content (e.g. models and maps) are a much better way to prevent this kind of problem.  Programmers wishing to make a name in the industry will actively seek out these flaws, produce patches and submit them to the developer thus eliminating many problems before they can occur.  Not to mention that if the EA programmers thought their work would be scrutinized by thousands of eyes they will also try to work to a higher standard.  But I'm not blaming the programmers for this at all this flaw, as Ilocano says it is the marketing and management who place unrealistic demands on the developers and allow these flaws to be prioritised below getting the next X-mas release or the next add-on pack out in time. 

Yes, EA does encourage modding and provides tools to assist this, but mods are still restricted to the very specific constraints of the BF2 engine.  If the mods are only done 'for fun not profit' anyway, why not share the engine source and allow a greater variety of mods to be released?  They might find that these bedroom developers even contribute fixes when they stumble across bad code...

I think the Doom 3 / Quake 4 / Enemy Territory Model is a much better strategy in the long run for creating more secure, useful code.  Unfortunately, I expect this will never work for EA's stuff due to licence restrictions on third party libraries purchased to increase the speed of development (like Havok).
AMTXP
+13|6624|California, USA
Three words:

EA

got

Own3d.

Props to CEA clan. I honestly don't care how many points everyone else has. I'm never going to be as good as Blazin or Firestorm. I just care how many points I have, and as long as no one screws with my points, I'm fine.

Once again, GO CEA CLAN. Your standing up for what you believe, and if no one did that the world would be a more unfriendly place.

- Andrew

Last edited by AMTXP (2006-04-04 09:12:58)

TRODPINT
Banned
+2|6573|Afghanistan

AMTXP wrote:

Three words:

EA

got

Own3d.

Props to CEA clan. I honestly don't care how many points everyone else has. I'm never going to be as good as Blazin or Firestorm. I just care how many points I have, and as long as no one screws with my points, I'm fine.

Once again, GO CEA CLAN. Your standing up for what you believe, and if no one did that the world would be a more unfriendly place.

- Andrew
Interesting you think EA got "owned."  If you stop and think who is collecting the money from this game, then you will see that you got "owned."
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6818|"Frisco"

Stun_Gun wrote:

I dont think anyone should look at this clan in a bad way, they were simply showing EA. And im sure EA is working on it now.
I do think poorly of them. In fact, so much that's I'd be quite happy if they were HW banned.

Here's the rub, they found a HUGE hole in the ranking system. Ok, that sucks, shit happens, bugs exist. However, instead of making a small proof of concept and submitting it to EA/DICE and starting a PROPER security notice, they decided to sensastionalize the issue and turn it into a one trick pony show for themsevles and their "platform".

Their justification for making such a big fuss? "Waaa, we don't want to pay you people for the work you do!" Here, have a bowl of "get the fuck over it". You'll go out on weekends and blow 40, 50, 60 bucks (or more) on drinks and clubs for a few hours of fun, but the HUNDREDS OF HOURS you've played the game aren't worth that?

S.
T.
F.
U.

I HATE people that whine using that bullshit logic, and that puts these guys even further down on my hate list because they used a stupid reason to make a really big deal over something that could have been handled elegantly.
IronFerret
+48|6628|Mexico City.
poor EA.. making games for such unthankfull players
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD
Albeit they like it when EA touches their balls, lol.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6624

chuyskywalker wrote:

I HATE people that whine using that bullshit logic, and that puts these guys even further down on my hate list because they used a stupid reason to make a really big deal over something that could have been handled elegantly.
I agree, the cents per hour feature you put on the stats page demonstrates exactly what this guy was paying for the (mostly legitimate, from the looks of the stats) time he spent playing:

Cost ($50 base): 7.5105 cph

How much does an hour in the arcades cost?  I reckon about $20-100, depending on the game you play and how good you are.   

I'd rather they keep development going with booster packs than the alternative: BF2 Monthly Subscriptions

And yes, I may complain that EA rush releases and don't GPL their engine source like iD, but at the end of the day whatever business model they choose the most important factor is ensuring that the effort that individuals put into creating the art, gameplay and quality which shines through the minor problems is rewarded by sufficient marketability to continue allowing these artists (and I include programmers as a type of artist) to have the careers and job security they deserve.

Someones probably done the usual joke but

Buying the game - $50
Earning a half decent rank and a couple of medals - 665 hours
Exploiting the game to get the number one rank - 1 round
Saying it's a protest against EA and getting your whole clan HW banned - priceless
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6716

chuyskywalker wrote:

Stun_Gun wrote:

I do think poorly of them. In fact, so much that's I'd be quite happy if they were HW banned.

Here's the rub, they found a HUGE hole in the ranking system. Ok, that sucks, shit happens, bugs exist. However, instead of making a small proof of concept and submitting it to EA/DICE and starting a PROPER security notice, they decided to sensastionalize the issue and turn it into a one trick pony show for themsevles and their "platform".

Their justification for making such a big fuss? "Waaa, we don't want to pay you people for the work you do!" Here, have a bowl of "get the fuck over it". You'll go out on weekends and blow 40, 50, 60 bucks (or more) on drinks and clubs for a few hours of fun, but the HUNDREDS OF HOURS you've played the game aren't worth that?

S.
T.
F.
U.

Let me take issue with your argument for a second, not that I disagree with everything you said.

While I said earlier I agree their "justification" had nothing to do with the bug, the "proper" form of security notice and bug/glitch otherwise accomplishes nothing and it is turning a blind eye to ignore that. The justification sucks agreed, but they got their message across (even if it isn't relevant) and they can force EA to fix this glitch, which will not happen when you send a little old email or phone call saying heres the problem. Furthermore, they didn't exploit the glitch in a menacing fashion by tucking themselves in the top 500. Consider that they could have made this glitch public with details, and then you would truly have a nightmare as all the nitro worshippers boost themselves into the top ranks. They forced everyones attention on the glitch in a way a tiny complaint in a forum, or an email will never accomplish regardless of their reasons DICE will at least see this problem.

About the reasonable way to complain...

Has DICE fixed any of the numerous glitches (not whining about a kit) we find when we send them a little old email detailing cause and effect? No, they won't fix it until it is so damn flagrant they can't ignore it (wall glitching for example was always there, but when it spread through the videos they had to deal with it). It's just like IE, there are numerous well mapped exploits available to anyone with half a brain to exploit IE that are submitted by numerous websites like http://www.guninski.com/, yet microsoft has the most horrendous record of dealing with these glitches (6 months to 2 years to resolve exploits granting complete acess to PCs).

In short I am saying that chastizing people for not using proper methods to submit security problems resolves no issues. Further to the point, if they didn't find it now, someone would have found it later and may have exploited it much worse.

I do agree with most of what you said though, and I appreciate reading posts that people actually thought out instead of writing crap down that is completely illogical and horribly phrased to boot.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-04-04 10:50:25)

LOWrider_NL
+1|6607
want to know how he did that
LOWrider_NL
+1|6607

TRODPINT wrote:

AMTXP wrote:

Three words:

EA

got

Own3d.

- Andrew
Interesting you think EA got "owned."  If you stop and think who is collecting the money from this game, then you will see that you got "owned."
AMTXP, you just got owned (y)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard