Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090630/wl_ … oros_crash

MORONI (Reuters) – An airliner with 150 people on board belonging to Yemeni state carrier Yemenia crashed in the Indian Ocean archipelago of Comoros Tuesday, a senior government official said.

"We don't know if there are any survivors among the 150 people on the plane," Comoros vice-president Idi Nadhoim told Reuters from the airport at the main island's capital Moroni.

Nadhoim said the accident happened in the early hours of Tuesday, but could not give any more details.

"There is a crash, there is a crash in the sea," said an unnamed official who answered the phone in the Yemenia office in Moroni. He declined further comment.

An airline official in Yemen declined to comment.

No word yet on why...?
Love is the answer
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6481|Gold Coast
Mmmm.......

These days planes are just falling outta the sky for no reason.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
I will be on an airplane this thursday flying from LAX(Los Angeles) to China, will I die?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6518|San Diego, CA, USA
There's a reason...we just don't know why.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I will be on an airplane this thursday flying from LAX(Los Angeles) to China, will I die?
jesus you just got money to throw around everywhere dont ya
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
The likelyhood of your dying on an airplane:

Chance of dying in an airplane accident: 1 in 354,319

Source: http://funny2.com/odds.htm

Odds of being on plane with a drunken pilot: 117 to 1
Chance of dying from parts falling off an airplane: 1 in 10,000,000
san4
The Mas
+311|6658|NYC, a place to live
It was an Airbus A310 according to CNN.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California

usmarine wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

jesus you just got money to throw around everywhere dont ya
Yeah, my parents are taking advantage of the economic downfall, no not really.
It was quite a lot though, $6000 + $500-1000(spending money) for only two weeks, but i'll get to visit places where regular everyday tourists can't.
I am a student ambassador for the US lolol
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

there a starving people you know
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Airbus again.

Hope there are some survivors this time.
I know fucking karate
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

justice wrote:

Airbus again.
damn skippy.  fail bus fails
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6084|SC | USA |

usmarine wrote:

scarebus
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

worst month evah!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
yea they need some new planes or somethin,
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found

Kmarion wrote:

worst month evah!
Its not over...still one more day.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
m8.. wtf?
nightmare flying with Yemen air
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

They rescued a five year old from the water..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090630/ap_ … lane_crash
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

if you are going to fly an Airbus, why would you still use an A310 for passenger travel?  what kind of shit ass countries are still allowed to do this?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686

usmarine wrote:

if you are going to fly an Airbus, why would you still use an A310 for passenger travel?  what kind of shit ass countries are still allowed to do this?
Yemen does...lol... and that is amazing that kid survived...
Love is the answer
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
The damn plane probably decided on its own it was tired of flying.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

usmarine wrote:

Shitty African and Middle Eastern countries - you know, the ones that don't bother maintaining their aircraft. A Nigerian plane once landed in Dublin for maintenance at FLS Aerospace and when it came to coughing up for the work they couldn't pay - so the plane was impounded...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Shitty African and Middle Eastern countries - you know, the ones that don't bother maintaining their aircraft. A Nigerian plane once landed in Dublin for maintenance at FLS Aerospace and when it came to coughing up for the work they couldn't pay - so the plane was impounded...
lol... nice
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
The surviving male toddler is now apparently a 14 year old girl...How does a reporter miss that one?

More survivors reported to have been found as well, including the Captain though authorities arent releasing any information at the moment. Poor weather affected the region at the time of the crash, with wind speeds up to 61 km/h and choppy seas, but still no calls on what caused the crash.
Granted, it is only a day old, but I'm wondering what brought this one down. Mechanical failure would be my guess over pilot error, considering the aircraft.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/06/3 … an374.html

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2009-06-30 15:39:29)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

But why would people fly on them?  its well known that part of the world is terrible when it comes to aviation.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

usmarine wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

usmarine wrote:

But why would people fly on them?  its well known that part of the world is terrible when it comes to aviation.
People from the shitty countries have to. Lord only knows why 66 Frenchies were on board - they do have a reputation for being utter cheapskates I suppose.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard