~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6341|Orrstrayleea
Personly ive never had an issue with bullet drop, i ve nver really had to take a long distance shot, ive you're a good enough sniper youl be smart enough to sneak around to the top of the tallest building and snipe from behind something like a chimney  so if you're firing down youll never have a problem with bullet drop, it works for me
thepilot91
+64|6254|Åland!

Jemme101 wrote:

BULLETDROP IS THE SAME FOR ALL WEAPONS IN THE GAME, EXCEPT THE LMG'S
bullshit...M24 and L96A1 has no way near same Bulletdrop...

and the amount of bulletdrop is based on the amount of "velocety" as it says in configfiles....

Last edited by thepilot91 (2009-06-24 05:18:18)

H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5886|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
lol this thread is so so old, but it wasnt that long ago I was reading it out of boredom
The M24 seems to have the quickest bullet speed, L96 seems to have the slowest and M95 seems in the middle
M95 seems to have a bit more drop then the L96, so you have to aim the M95 higher, the M24 seems to me a bit in the middle but I mostly use the M95 for long long range as long range is usually vehicle servers
Easy way to test is play dragon valley and snipe people on the carrier from vista point, youl find that a shot at the same target from the same point, distance etc from the L96 could hit a target and the M95 would miss (if you aim them low) I find the M24 the easiest gun in general to use it seems predictable, the M95 is a hard one to master but good if you do master it as it does most damage and you can use it on any team etc

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-06-24 06:37:06)

twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6225
I would say the l96 is better than the m95 in all regards except for killing jet pilots and helicopters.

Theres nothing more of a rush in bf2 than a J10 pilot strafing you from up high and you aim and shoot him whilst hes in his cockpit.
H3RB4L ABU53
Of course the L96 is better for shooting infantry it has thinner crosshairs, shooting a J10 pilot out is almost impossible lol I've shot people hovering high in the F35 lots but not shot a pilot out moving full speed yet, the hitbox seems really fucked when theyre flying I've tried countless times and never done it and never seen it done, so if your telling the truth wel done to you but I dont believe you lol
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5474
The only real significant difference between M95 barrett and L96A1 in the game is the sounds they make, cause the crosshairs or this "sweetspot" bullcrap people talk about only help at very long range snipeing which doesnt happen almost at all, most of the sniping DOES happen in the low-medium ranges where the thickness of the crosshairs merely means anything. So cant sit in a bush sniping people 100ft away with a M95, but can do with a L96whateva.

And what comes to the armor piercing shots of the barrett.. Its very rarely any help really. Even if your a good sniper I dare you to say you can snipe some1 out of a moving cockpit more than once or twice a round. Of course it's nice to have but id still take the Arctic Wolf over any sniper..

Last edited by RoaringJet[FIN] (2009-06-25 08:59:20)

H3RB4L ABU53
I shot 3 chopper pilots out within a minute yesterday, 1 Blackhawk and 2 Cobras that were raping River Village on Dragon Valley so it is usefull, it's useful for shooting smoking jets and other vehicles to get kills as well but against infantry it is much harder to get a headshot with the M95 than the L96 (obviously) sometimes even if your right on the head with the M95 you can miss at close range, even miss several times so the crosshairs do make a difference, I've used a pixel sized bit of blu tack on my screen for about a year now and it helps a lot with guns like the M95 especially the SVD helps a lot with headshots first time
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5474
That must be you then, I can get headshots with M95 just as easy than with L96A1 exclusing the long ranges (obviously) and then you can use any weapon to get the kills from those burning vehicles. And you rarely see vehicles that are <5 health (shooting it with M95 makes it burn right?) moving around so the -5% something total health off air units doesnt make much difference.
HSG
+23|6492|British Columbia, Canada
I play wake most of the time, if theres a lot of infantry up against me i usually use 196a1 like when from beach to south base for example because its more accurate and reloads faster. When I'm going after airfield i sometimes whip out the M95 to use against choppers, jets, and cars.
H3RB4L ABU53

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

That must be you then, I can get headshots with M95 just as easy than with L96A1 exclusing the long ranges (obviously) and then you can use any weapon to get the kills from those burning vehicles. And you rarely see vehicles that are <5 health (shooting it with M95 makes it burn right?) moving around so the -5% something total health off air units doesnt make much difference.
M95 does a lot more damage to vehicles then standard sniper rifles, don't take many shots to a chopper to scare one away from a distance.
Headshots with the M95 are harder to do than any other sniper rifle in the game, I don't care what you say or how leet you think you are, if you could headshot people with the M95 just as easy as with L96, then everyone would use the M95 all the time in close to mid range because it does more damage etc, but they don't, most people use the L96 or M24 because they are more accurate and definately easier to headshot with, especially if the enemy are hiding through little gaps etc

HSG wrote:

I play wake most of the time, if theres a lot of infantry up against me i usually use 196a1 like when from beach to south base for example because its more accurate and reloads faster. When I'm going after airfield i sometimes whip out the M95 to use against choppers, jets, and cars.
I normally always use the M95 on vehicle servers, not just for against vehicles but because players arent always swarmed with medics like on karkand and usually have taken a little bit of body damage either from falling or anything really so a body shot would kill a lot of the time anyway

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-06-27 16:52:18)

RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5474
M95 hardest to headshot with? Lol kk. I suppose u must really be a god when you can headshot ppl with those semi auto rifles easier than M95 from 200m+

Btw just a general tip.. If your in the middle of the battle I'd suggest u to not start "scaring away" flying stuff, use ur bullets on infantry, they tend to be more vulrenable to bullets than those helicopters.

And why do you keep talking like the that the head is the only place u can shoot at. Unless your one of those crap snipers who lay prone in the middle of the road you should know that its more important to just land the hit than hit the guy's head.
H3RB4L ABU53

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

M95 hardest to headshot with? Lol kk. I suppose u must really be a god when you can headshot ppl with those semi auto rifles easier than M95 from 200m+

Btw just a general tip.. If your in the middle of the battle I'd suggest u to not start "scaring away" flying stuff, use ur bullets on infantry, they tend to be more vulrenable to bullets than those helicopters.

And why do you keep talking like the that the head is the only place u can shoot at. Unless your one of those crap snipers who lay prone in the middle of the road you should know that its more important to just land the hit than hit the guy's head.
Ok dont get sarcy I was just stating the obvious, I was talking about bolt action sniper rifles which is why I mentioned only the M24 and L96.
What are you talking about suggesting shooting infantry lol I was saying M95 can damage a chopper, and about the headshot stuff- your a proper noob
You should know it's more important to hit the head because they die, straight away, and cant run away and get healed I really don't think I need any tips from you lol

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-06-28 05:18:21)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6482|cuntshitlake

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

You should know it's more important to hit the head because they die, straight away, and cant run away
Lucky you I guess.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
H3RB4L ABU53

DeathUnlimited wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

You should know it's more important to hit the head because they die, straight away, and cant run away
Lucky you I guess.
I don't get it, he made it seem like the only way to get a headshot is to lay still prone in the middle of a road
I wasn't saying the head is the only place to aim for, obviously there are a lot of times when a body shot is more useful especially if you have to be quick, but if you only take body shots, you're never going to get good at headshots because you won't have any practice at it

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-06-28 05:49:12)

RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5474
If your fighting with ppl (especially other snipers) you have to be fucking quick and not try to hit his head (unless ur rly pro and do that dragshooting stuff) unless he really sucks and he doesnt try to avoid being shot (if he just instantly jumps down and prones you know hes gonna suck and can be headshotted easily) Lucky you I guess if you can constantly headshot people that are aware of you while being fast enough to not get shot yourself.. So unless your a sniper god (looking at your stats, your not) it's just better to get the shot hit than being leet and hitting the head. And btw my sniper rifle kdr is better than yours, so there goes the last bit of support for your 1 shot 1 kill theories. You've proven yourself a retard. Now if you're smart enuff you stop posting on this topic. I know I will.
H3RB4L ABU53
I assumed you dragshot as well by the way you talked, which is what I meant by being quick with body shots, stats dont mean nothing thousands of my kills and deaths have been from me being a noob, theres no way I get a k/d ratio of 2 in any game (which is what my stats say) and I fuck about on most vehicle servers as infantry, if you think your better than me because of stats then 1v1 me (even though its gay) but its the only way to prove it, I would probably kill you lots.
Ok I've proven myself a retard how? Because I said the L96 is more accurate than the M95? And you disagreed lol all of what I said is true though and it just annoyed you, I hate people like you who be sarcastic like "you must be such a god" repetedly and judge people by stats lol I'll stop posting, I know how to play sniper kit and seems like you're trying to teach me, yet you haven't even played me or even spoke to me on here really, and you havent even read what I had to say properly, I didnt say I constantly headshotted, I basically said do it as much as you can nomatter how hard the shot seems and it will pay off, but body shot when you need to be really quick up close etc (dragshot)
you said normal sniper rifles are basically just as good against vehicles as the M95 (the one thats meant to be used against vehicles)
you keep assuming im shit because of my stats- I could make a new account but whats the point
your telling me how to play the game, and your calling me a retard
read all of what I posted again, and notice that none of it is a lie, I think the reason your being weird is because I disagreed with the bullshit you posted and it's upset you
Like i said I won't bother carrying on with this its pointless, seems like any time I have an opinion on here people take the piss and just cal you shit and stupid names like "retard" lol be good to have normal convo rather than stupid internet wannabe fight talk

edit- look at all of the top snipers in the game and look at their stats, even xkullx only has a k/d of 3 and he's one of the best snipers on BF2
most people have shit looking stats

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-06-28 14:58:37)

BENBOBBY
+14|5578|UK
I think hes probably choosen his unlock by now
RotorBlade00
+7|5719|Australia
I can headshot people using facing away from them and using the earths gravity and the earths curvature. 100% of the time.

Do i win?
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5474
You kinda lost me from the using facing away -part
RotorBlade00
+7|5719|Australia
Basically i can shot around the whole world and hit the guy i want. In rl adn on bf2. Arent i awsum
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5485|Qld, Australia
In the game the only gund with bullet drop are the defualt guns like the M24 or SVD
The M95 and the L96 have n bullet drop (i know this cause i play sniper alot)
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6210|Roma

MrE`158 wrote:

The M95's advantage is damage.  It's damage is 190.  That means that it's powerful enough to damage vehicles, so you can pick up kills by pot-shotting choppers heading off for repairs.  It means that you can fire through glass, so you can pick off helo pilots and vehcile drivers.  Lastly, and most importantly, when shooting at infantry it makes no difference to the M95 whether they have body armour or not, if you hit a full-health target with it, it will leave them on 5% health, so if they've taken any damage already, they're dead, and if they haven't, you only need to hit once with your pistol to finish them.
Do none of you guys read the whole thread if its necro?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6344|England

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

In the game the only gund with bullet drop are the defualt guns like the M24 or SVD
You fucking what?

You're saying that the L9 and the M95 don't have bullet drop? Rofl.
Random_Guy
+5|5441

JakAttaK wrote:

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

You fucking what?

Seems like you don't play sniper enough.

The illusion of bullet drop might be through the cross hairs. The thick cross hair of the M95 makes it a bit problematic to headshot at longer distances so when beginners shoot and miss they think "Hmm my bullet missed. Must be through bullet drop" and when they switch to L96A1 and find long distance shots easier because of the thinner crosshairs they think the L9 has less bullet drop while in reality they all guns have the same bullet drop as stated countless times before. No matter what people say I'm sticking to my M95. Nothing more satisfying of hearing that loud echo of the 12.7mm exiting the barrel and connecting with your target's head. It's enough to give me a boner.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6344|England

Random_Guy wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

Blank_The_Bogan wrote:

You fucking what?

Seems like you don't play sniper enough.
Who doesn't?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard