Syran_the_Heretic
+19|6707
Whenever I load a map now I get an instant black screen when I join. Then BF2 crashes... I don't know why but it started after the patch. I am using an LCD and the signal just cuts off from the game, trying to alt-tab or CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't do anything either...

Sigh.
First
+3|6725|Canada
video card?
Syran_the_Heretic
+19|6707
MSI Geforce 6600GT 128mb.
mellow
+0|6640
you connected to your monitor with dvi?
.-=5TON3R=-.
+0|6728
try this,goto C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
go into the cache folder & delete everything in there but dont delete the cache folder itself just whats in it,next time you load a map it'll re-optimise your gfx settings & with any luck it should fix your crash,ive had it before after updated patches & works everytime.
hope this helps.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6651
go to expert-echange site u might find some help there , check ur motherboard and the specs there as well as the viodeo card it might not be compatible with the new settings, since bf2 had some problems before with certain video cards.
www.experts-exchange.com
Aslan the Creator
Welcome to duty
+1|6638
Did it to me on my friends PC in 1.2... Kinda weird.
Speelbal
+146|6758|Netherlands

chef69 wrote:

I get  the same  thing  but   it  also shuts  my  comp  down  i  hate   this  game
A subscription is needed. Not gonna do that.
{RS}Diamonddog
+6|6648|Weymouth, England
I get a black screen every so often. The game still runs and i can hear everything the screens just black. When i try to do ctrl alt del it doesnt work so i end up turning it off by the switch.
Syran_the_Heretic
+19|6707
Well It started doing it to me in other games as well so I finally opened up my box and unplugged my power cable to my card and replugged it in-- worked. Maybe it was loose all this time. I hope everyone else can fix their problems.
.-=5TON3R=-.
+0|6728
making sure your gfx card power lead is'nt shared with anything else like a hdrive or something would cause crashes cause cards need thier own power cable,most will already know this anyway but theres bound to be some that don't so might help.
D1TAG
+0|6690
I had kind of the same problem .
Ok maybe this will help you , at least I'm hopping it does for you . What I did is got rid of the incremental and downloaded it again and it said I needed the 1.21 patch before the 1.22 so its like it replaced it somehow, strange.. So somehow it didnt patch the 1.21. I then got rid of it and did the full download and it worked .Everything is good to go now.

Try downloading the full 1.22 and I hope it goes well for you.

Cheers.

Last edited by D1TAG (2006-04-03 09:32:18)

Auqakuh2213
Bianchi Whore.
+53|6675
It's preferable to download the full patch every time because incremental's sometimes fail to overwrite every file they need to.

That's what it seems to be to me, anyway; I installed the incremental 1.2 over 1.12 and that didn't work - I installed the full over it and it did, because the full version overwrites every file changed since version 1.

I think someone messed up with the incremental patch's installer YET again, judging by the problems people have had.
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6837
Check your CPU, might be overheated. Use 'SiSoft Sandra' or such...
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6751

Ya when you get a black screen and LCD turns off like that, you've experienced a hardware reset - something is conflicting or having a major error, and your comp is resetting itself either via the Mobo, or Winblows detecting something going fucked up. I've had this with BF2 on my comp, but its not continual, just every few months I'll crash while playing usually as I'm about to fire a weapon or a tv missle or some new action is trying to be loaded and displayed.
Speelbal
+146|6758|Netherlands
I got the exact same thing Zenmaster. But because I run BF2 in low priority it only goes black for 1 or 2 minutes. Then it goes back to normal with 30 seconds of lag. Then, I can play again. Mostly I died 3 times in the proccess, very annoying.

People with the error: Set BF2 to low resolution to avoid a crash to windows or a shut down. But how to get rid of the black screen, I don't know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard