1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5978|Blue Mountain State
Well they just added Metal Gear Soild in the PS1 classics on the Playstation Store. Just got it for $10. I haven't played this game since the year 2000 on my friends Playstation. I'm going to go to Gamestop tomorrow and try and find the second and third one as well since I downloaded that PS2 hardware thingy. <3 MGS series
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Gamestop has the 1-3 trilogy for $30, I bought it about a year ago. I actually just finally came around to replaying the first one. I'm up to the Hind-d part about to fight the helicopter.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA
Fan-fucking-tastic series.

I own the original MGS 1,2, & 3 as well as the collectors pack and MGS Twins Snakes.  MGS4 is one of the few reasons I am considering a PS3.  If you're a fan of he story tho, download an MSX emulator and play the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (there are english versions floating around).  Not only are they good games, but they enhance the MGS series stories quite a bit.  I think I'm gonna go and play the series over again now. 
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
MGS4 is the best of the series too! I let a friend of mine borrow my PS3 just to play through MGS4 because that game is that incredible. I already beat the original NES version but I am still yet to play the second one on MSX, I'll have to download it eventually.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA
If you get the chance download MG1 on the MSX as well as MG2.  The MSX version is completely different than the NES one and it is also considered by the game designers to be part of the storyline, while the NES version is not.  As for MGS4, I am dyyyiiinnngg to play it.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5978|Blue Mountain State
I wonder if Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence will work on the PS3 because that has Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on it. It should since I downloaded the PS2 hardware. That way I can have all the main games for my PS3. Oh and Eagle, MGS4 is awsome. It's the main reason why I got the PS3, that and Gran Turismo 5.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
bennisboy
+829|6646|Poundland

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

I wonder if Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence will work on the PS3 because that has Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 on it. It should since I downloaded the PS2 hardware. That way I can have all the main games for my PS3. Oh and Eagle, MGS4 is awsome. It's the main reason why I got the PS3, that and Gran Turismo 5.
How do you download the ps2 hardware?

Last edited by bennisboy (2009-06-21 02:24:35)

SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5497|England
Best game ever made
Scratch[USA]
+105|6547

bennisboy wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

How do you download the ps2 hardware?
ps2 hardware?
icecold2510
+31|6293
yes MGS3: subsistence works on the PS3
i have it and it works well

the ps2 hardware is in the PSN to download i believe
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

MGS2 is the only one I don't own, not including VR Missions, Substance/Subsistence.

I dld the original two onto my PC and they're freaking impossible

Still the best game series ever made though. Just hoping that the movie is as good.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
I'm not sure about that PS2 hardware. I've seen it on the PSN store but was always told only the models with the bigger hard drives had the parts to run PS2 games in it so I don't get how just getting hardware will make it work when they always said it was the parts in the newer models.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6547
Correct, I found it on psn and it only works for ps3 greater than 40gb
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
<3 mgs
Banned
+236|5497|England

M.O.A.B wrote:

MGS2 is the only one I don't own, not including VR Missions, Substance/Subsistence.

Still the best game series ever made though. Just hoping that the movie is as good.
Movie?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
I'm still waiting for God of War I and II
Banned
+236|5497|England

Poseidon wrote:

that would be mint
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York

SamBo:D wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

that would be mint
well considering I've never had any interest in the MGS series whatsoever yet I've always wanted to get into the GoW series (I think you can judge why from my name), yes it would
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

SamBo:D wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Movie?
Yeah, there's meant to be a movie at some point, based on the first MGS game. Shadow Moses and all that. There were rumours Batman is going to play Snake, or trying for the part.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
The guy that does Snake's voice actually kind of looks like Snake too. If he just bulked up a bit, he could even do the acting role and you'll get Snake's true voice in the movie.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6222|Escea

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

The guy that does Snake's voice actually kind of looks like Snake too. If he just bulked up a bit, he could even do the acting role and you'll get Snake's true voice in the movie.
To an extent I reckon CGI would have been good, then all of the voice actors could be used for the correct characters and all of the parts of the game could be recreated as well. That Final Fantasy movie from years ago had pretty good visuals.
Banned
+236|5497|England
https://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/escapefromnewyork01.jpg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA

That's David Hayter (Solid Snake) and I think he'd be perfect.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

David Hayter is pretty fucking amazing. He wrote the screenplay for the first X-men movie, and wrote the original one that got studio rejected but Alan Moore approved.
icecold2510
+31|6293

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard