Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6669|NT, like Mick Dundee

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Bf2s I need a cheering up sesh...
Go laugh at Cammy and his hangover.

Even better, get Finny to do stupid shit to him to make said hangover more painful.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6653

Uzique wrote:

Man up, teddy, University summers are a bitch for everyone. Why don't you do it like everyone else and arrange some (international) visits to each other? Make it an awesome opportunity to introduce your English beehatch to the family, etc. If that's completely out of the question or a big no-no, then I guess her method of trying to "tone things down" before you part is reasonable; perhaps it's just part of her coping mechanism, a bit of emotional self-defense or whatnot. Either that, or your girlfriend genuinely is indifferent and simply cannot wait to get to a free summer of debauchery and blowjobs ahoy-- alas, I do not know your missus well enough to make this call, that is for your own intuition only to decide.

God is love,
Rev.
Only been going out for 6-7 weeks...obviously it's stupid I've become so attached after such a short time period but I liked her for about 4 months before I manned up and made a proper move. After 6-7 weeks she doesn't think it's worth keeping it going during the summer which I can understand to an extent considering we'll both be busy but the way she's toning it down is damn right mean (I've spent about 3 hours with her this last week.) We've been out every night this week but she won't let me come back with her.....wtf

She may want the summer to do all that but I doubt it. It took me over 4 weeks just to get anywhere near having sex with her which I won't complain about because I hate slutty girls.....but she's a very good looking girl and I know how easily she can get guys which worries me because I want something to happen when year 2 starts.

Basically I'm hurt because I've never been played this badly in my life especially since I'm usually the one doing it. Now I finally know how much it hurts. Karma I guess.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6760|Scotland

Teddy, I know this is hard for you. It's a pretty gay situation...

I think, the best thing to do (I would personally do this) is take her aside and ask her, face to face, how much you mean to her. Make sure you sound serious so she doesn't lie to your face. Find out how she actually feels, and then move on from there. If she hesitates and says something that isn't what you were wanting, break it off. You will just get more hurt if you keep thinking about her during those 4 months. If she really does care, then you make it clear that you don't want either of you getting with other people (it ALWAYS ends bad) and see what goes from there.

I think that is your only option.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6474
Haha, ain't karma a bitch? Seriously though, you've said yourself that you have long-term aims for your relationship in Year 2 - if the (sadly inevitable) summer break is crippling you, the best treatment is probably to stop letting the girl dominate you and to get on with something else for the summer. Put her to the back of your mind; get a job, party loads with your friends, spend quality time with family, get a sexy blond Nordic lass for the part-time play, etc. If you meant anything as much to her as she very quickly apparently meant to you, then you'll have no troubles properly resuming your relationship in Year 2. That'll be the real test of your relationship's seriousness and long-term prospects.

Just sounds like an unfortunate case of 'wrong place, wrong time' Teds. You took the leisurely-route about chatting her up and approaching her for a relationship, and now a giant summer-break has dropped right down on top of your newly developing romance. Sucks, I guess, but you've got another 2 years of full-time Uni and general student-sexiness anyway. There's always that typical, trite, cliche consolation: plenty more fish in the sea, student times are the best of your life girl-wise, etc.etc. Hey, at least you tried, if she loses interest that quickly and doesn't come to her senses in the second year either... then her loss. Your emotional intensity (and integrity) proves a valuable thing in itself, and that is that if she doesn't possess the same elevated feelings, then you're out of her league and operate simply on a different level. Mind you, in that consideration don't rule out the thought that girls are complex reptilian creatures, and behave surreptitiously and covertly about their true feeling and motive. Suss her out, and don't beat yourself up if she doesn't end up being 'the one'. You'll only be happier when you do find a girl that commits and falls for you as quick as you did for this one.

Dating 'pretty girls' is a pain, I know, with half of them you have to crack through the egoism and the immaturity issue when they somehow think they're above their worth and will always have boys chasing them. As soon as you get over those pretensions and get to the real personality underneath, then you can start warming to each other and can convince her that you're worth sticking with and aren't just 'another guy' from a night-out or a hot dish from a society social. I also feel your pain when it comes to anxieties about other guys, or sleeping around with other people... that's part of the package when you hook up with hot girls: other people want their fingers in your pie. Just be the better man!

Last edited by Uzique (2009-06-19 03:21:27)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6765

Flecco wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Even better, get Finny to do stupid shit to him to make said hangover more painful.
oh gawd...terrance and phillip
bennisboy
+829|6650|Poundland
lol teddy, dont woirry about it. Summer will hurt for the first few days, but you'll get over it.
I think it is jus her way of coping, women are strange creatures! They have the most backwards logic known to man!
We all occasionally get caught falling for someone to fast, there's nothing we can do about it, it just happens.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6669|NT, like Mick Dundee

usmarine wrote:

Flecco wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

oh gawd...terrance and phillip
Pretty much.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5940
/random

Guys I really suck with girls, I never know what to talk about.

Any tips?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6765

Bradt3hleader wrote:

/random

Any tips?
show them how to spell "the" like "teh".  oh and then show them how to use 3 instead of E

Last edited by usmarine (2009-06-19 04:00:10)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6632|IRELAND

Bradt3hleader wrote:

/random

Any tips?
If you suck at conversation and you have a small dick, I'm afraid your fucked my friend. You can have one but not both.

Seriously. Flattery gets you everywhere. Tell them they have nice clothes, nice smile, nice arse, nice eyes, nice fangetta, whatever.........if that doesn't work just ask them outright for a fuck. At least 1 in 100 will say yes.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6274

Peter wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Abbie is leaving. Sadface
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I know right
Bradt3hleader
+121|5940

usmarine wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

/random

Any tips?
show them how to spell "the" like "teh".  oh and then show them how to use 3 instead of E
And tell them how you're such a fucking asshole too?

I can write my name how I want it, piss off.
Brasso
+1,549|6634

Bradt3hleader wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

/random

Any tips?

oh hey, i get it now, i always thought it was like bradethleader.  same way i thought mtb0minime was mbothmine.  not really reading names is fun
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
bennisboy
+829|6650|Poundland

JahManRed wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

/random

Any tips?
If you suck at conversation and you have a small dick, I'm afraid your fucked my friend. You can have one but not both.

Seriously. Flattery gets you everywhere. Tell them they have nice clothes, nice smile, nice arse, nice eyes, nice fangetta, whatever.........if that doesn't work just ask them outright for a fuck. At least 1 in 100 will say yes.
Not true, that smacks of desperation and a blaitant attempt to chat them up, girls hate it when guys do that.
Ask them about themselves and have interesting fun stories about yourself that can lead on to other conversations.
Girls dont want a man that jus mindlessly compliments them and subdues to them. They want a guy with a strong interesting and most importantly funny character. And you need to have aims in your life that show potential
Bradt3hleader
+121|5940
Well I can get a good convo going for a few minutes then it just dies.

It's usually just, how are you, what you gona do this weekend, how did this/that go... then it dies
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5937|United States
lol i kinda got a similar question, as in how do i become a more interesting , entertaining person. It seems to get the girl I want, I have to run a show, have a routine to just blow them away. It's as if you have to trick women into bed with you. My girlfriend thinks I'm funny, but I can really loosen up with her and my humor didn't really win her, as she asked me out first. So how can I be more entertaining?
bennisboy
+829|6650|Poundland

Bradt3hleader wrote:

It's usually just, how are you, what you gona do this weekend, how did this/that go... then it dies
Lol, thats not a good conversation, thats the same thing that everyone asks, talk about something else!
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6276

argo4 wrote:

lol i kinda got a similar question, as in how do i become a more interesting , entertaining person. It seems to get the girl I want, I have to run a show, have a routine to just blow them away. It's as if you have to trick women into bed with you. My girlfriend thinks I'm funny, but I can really loosen up with her and my humor didn't really win her, as she asked me out first. So how can I be more entertaining?
Get a manly hobby, find out about her music interests, etc. Its up to you to find out what is she fascinated about, and develop it. Make sure you dont try too hard, or shes gonna think you're shallow.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

Bradt3hleader wrote:

That's probably a good indicator you're a boring person and you should just give up now.

Do you have friends? Can you talk to them for more than a few minutes? Same concept.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5589

ghettoperson wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

That's probably a good indicator you're a boring person and you should just give up now.

Do you have friends? Can you talk to them for more than a few minutes? Same concept.
Well it's a start. Then gain I'm not one to give advice. It's a miracle I even get laid at all. but good luck Brad.
Lai
+186|6155

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Only been going out for 6-7 weeks...obviously it's stupid I've become so attached after such a short time period but I liked her for about 4 months before I manned up and made a proper move. After 6-7 weeks she doesn't think it's worth keeping it going during the summer which I can understand to an extent considering we'll both be busy but the way she's toning it down is damn right mean (I've spent about 3 hours with her this last week.) We've been out every night this week but she won't let me come back with her.....wtf

She may want the summer to do all that but I doubt it. It took me over 4 weeks just to get anywhere near having sex with her which I won't complain about because I hate slutty girls.....but she's a very good looking girl and I know how easily she can get guys which worries me because I want something to happen when year 2 starts.

Basically I'm hurt because I've never been played this badly in my life especially since I'm usually the one doing it. Now I finally know how much it hurts. Karma I guess.
I would have found it more worrying if you wouldn't have bothered after 6-7 weeks (+4 months). Regarding her being good looking and getting guys easily; you shouldn't think that way. That is something up to her and her alone. You should either trust her or if you can't, accept that she can't be trusted.

One summer or 4 months isn't a terribly long time, at least not an ammount of time I would bother about in a healthy relationship. Your relationship might be young, that doesn't necesarily qualify it as unhealthy. Just ask her what the fuck she wants. If she truly does not want to keep it going during the summer, because of the summer, than it is probably not worth it in any case. I know this may sound rather harsh, but that's my advice. No point in trying to cheer you up; it doesn't get you anywhere and would probably fail anyway.

haffeysucks wrote:

if said girl says yes, how do i manage the 7 weeks?  i'll be on the opposite side of the world for 1 month of that 7 weeks...
Do it before definitely. Generally, unless there are complications: the sooner the better. 7 weeks is 7 weeks of missed chances, 7 weeks of possible competition, 7 weeks of shitting bricks out of insecurity. Managing 7 weeks shouldn't be too hard, it is not very long at all, especially considering what I just said about Teddy's summer. That and once your in, the door can be locked so to say.

Bradt3hleader wrote:

/random

Any tips?
Just ask what her interests are, you'll automatically tumble from one subject into another, find things you can relate to and the other way around. What do you talk about with other guys (other than girls )? 9 times out of 10 you can talk to a girl about the exact same things. Unless you've "reached stage 5", you can talk to girls like you do to any other human.

The real trick to talking to girls is to talk to them, rather than prepare for a speech.

Uzique wrote:

student times are the best of your life girl-wise,
Sir, I'd like to object to that, STRONGLY!

GorillaKing798 wrote:

Bevo wrote:

GorillaKing798 wrote:

No, she will continue to date 'd-bags' most likely for the rest of her life. Why? because they make her work for it, they are different. Any guy can kiss her feet and be her bitch 24/7, it takes a different guy to tease her and make her work. Women don't want the nice guy who will buy her things and call her princess all the time, it's annoying. If you have a bit of an attitude, cocky and funny, you will see much better success than throwing money and kindness at her.
I already made it clear that you should keep your distance and not suck up, so I don't see why you're refuting what I said with some patronizing response. When I say douchebags I MEAN douchebags. I know that girls don't want the nice guy/beg/call/etc, and maybe if you read this thread you'd know that too. Please don't come into threads thinking you 'know it all', especially trying to one-up someone who's given much agreed upon advice.

Basically, stop being a dick, you don't know as much as you think you do.
Maybe I misinterpreted, and yes I'm new to the thread. I'm not reading through 40 pages to see where you stand. I certainly don't know it all, simply offering people advice and reiterating the basics. But I do know what I'm talking about, being a frequenter on PUA forums, and someone who has a wealth of knowledge on the topic.

And yes, I'm sure you know the limit to my knowledge based on half of a paragraph of writing.
You could have read 4 pages rather than 40,.. that's only how far back Bevo's problem was posted.

The fact that buying a girl things and calling her princess is apparently the only way you know off, how to treat a girl in a supposedly nice or proper way, says enough.
Brasso
+1,549|6634

that's three votes for before, sounds good.  i wish you the best of luck as well TJ.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Bradt3hleader
+121|5940

haffeysucks wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

usmarine wrote:

oh hey, i get it now, i always thought it was like bradethleader.  same way i thought mtb0minime was mbothmine.  not really reading names is fun
Same here it's funny when you realize. Like when I'm on some server playing I'll just quickly look at somebody's name and pronounce the general thing and say, "You...blalbalbla" get over here." or something then they're all, "WTF?".
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6504|so randum
relationships are no fun
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6474

Bradt3hleader wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Same here it's funny when you realize. Like when I'm on some server playing I'll just quickly look at somebody's name and pronounce the general thing and say, "You...blalbalbla" get over here." or something then they're all, "WTF?".
No one can ever pronounce "afx" when I'm using the shorthand phonetic version of 'aphex', in-game.

"Hey... ah feee ecksee errm... get over here". Fucking retards.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard