ghettoperson
+1,943|6805

Uzique wrote:

I frequently see Ferraris, Bentleys, Maseratis, Porsches, Aston Martins, Range Rover Sports etc (there's a joint-Ferrari/Maserati dealership down the road from me, perhaps that has something to do with it). BMW's/Mercs/Audis are the neighbourhood standard, really. The more exotic and over-the-top sports cars, e.g. Zonda and Lambos are more rare, but they're still around every now and then. Generally speaking my area is pretty awesome for nice cars; probably down to lots of affluent drivers!
Weirdly, there's a big exotic car dealership in Stoke, seen a lot of nice cars going in and out of there. :S
SealXo
+309|6691

Uzique wrote:

That is one sexy Beamer
wtf is a beamer its spelled bimmer ffs!

Last edited by SealXo (2009-06-18 13:43:55)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6805

No it's not. Now crawl back in your hole.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626

SealXo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

That is one sexy Beamer
We don't pronounce the slang as if we have a speech impediment.

"Bee Emm Double-Ewe".

"Bee-mer"

B-e-a-me-r.

Tada.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6788

Uzique wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

That is one sexy Beamer
We don't pronounce the slang as if we have a speech impediment.

"Bee Emm Double-Ewe".

"Bee-mer"

B-e-a-me-r.

Tada.
Wait, so they pronounce it B-i-mm-er?

Or they just spell it differently?
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6428
I never understood where did bimmer come from. I mean, Its certainly not an abbreviation for b-m-w  is it?
SealXo
+309|6691

ghettoperson wrote:

Cool, i drove 300 miles round trip to Santa Barbara for BIMMERfest... whens beamerfest coming up? i think Brembo, Zshift, BBS, Active Autowerks, VF Engineering, Bimmian, Horsepower Freaks, VMR, 360 forged and more disagree with you

Gooners wrote:

Its spelled Bimmer and its not pronounced like that unless you're in England and choose to say that... jeremy clarkson says "bimmah"

Last edited by SealXo (2009-06-18 14:37:42)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
Jeremy Clarkson and his pronunciations don't quite 'certify' anything, he's a blundering Northern moron...

As my above explanation demonstrated, the informal use of the term "Beamer" quite obviously derives from the phonetic of "Bee Emm Double-ewe"... it's not "Bim Eem Vee" now, is it? 'BimmerFest' sounds like an American exercise in mass-scale retardation and the public bastardisation of our actual English language. No ty, proves nothing to me.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SealXo
+309|6691

Uzique wrote:

Jeremy Clarkson and his pronunciations don't quite 'certify' anything, he's a blundering Northern moron...

As my above explanation demonstrated, the informal use of the term "Beamer" quite obviously derives from the phonetic of "Bee Emm Double-ewe"... it's not "Bim Eem Vee" now, is it? 'BimmerFest' sounds like an American exercise in mass-scale retardation and the public bastardisation of our actual English language. No ty, proves nothing to me.
Its been bimmerfest for the past ten years. a beemer is a BMW motorcycle because it sounds like 'beezer' which is from the 50's so its called a bimmer to differentiate. so a bimmer is a car and a beamer/beemer is the bike.

i mean, don't mind me that I have a garage with twenty cars in it, or that I actually have one sitting in my home garage. i just ended up with all these cars through my retardation...

oh and i've met donnie crevier because my grandpa has a cad in his car club museum and he writes it bimmer.

Last edited by SealXo (2009-06-18 17:07:16)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6805

Ah, clearly because you own 20 of them () you must not be an idiot. Bimmer is some retarded American version, designed to make utterly no sense and no doubt came about when some one misheard a European.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626

SealXo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Its been bimmerfest for the past ten years. a beemer is a BMW motorcycle because it sounds like 'beezer' which is from the 50's so its called a bimmer to differentiate. so a bimmer is a car and a beamer/beemer is the bike.

i mean, don't mind me that I have a garage with twenty cars in it, or that I actually have one sitting in my home garage. i just ended up with all these cars through my retardation...

oh and i've met donnie crevier because my grandpa has a cad in his car club museum and he writes it bimmer.
Wtf, you have an actual Beamer in your garage? Ho... ho... how could I doubt thee?

/bow
/exit
SealXo
+309|6691

Uzique wrote:

SealXo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Wtf, you have an actual Beamer in your garage? Ho... ho... how could I doubt thee?

/bow
/exit
no, a beamer is like a GS bike.
did you even read my explanation? do you have an eye issue where you can only read the center of a passage?

http://www.bimmerpost.com/
??? ^^^^ biggest BMW forum fucked up their spelling i guess

Last edited by SealXo (2009-06-18 19:01:39)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
It was a purposeful use of the correct slang, thanks...

But what about this Beamer, eh? Was it expensive?!?!?!?

No amount of American anecdotes or faggy American net-communities are going to tell me how to correctly pronounce the name of a European-continental car manufacturer. You can't even manage our English language properly, why the hell would I entrust you with the correct vocalizing of German?

Last edited by Uzique (2009-06-18 19:03:14)

SealXo
+309|6691

Uzique wrote:

It was a purposeful use of the correct slang, thanks...

But what about this Beamer, eh? Was it expensive?!?!?!?
not really i got it at the end of 08 in a bad recession.

and its an international forum thx

Last edited by SealXo (2009-06-18 19:03:15)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6840|United States of America
I do not approve of "bimmer". If we Americans were half as lazy as we're supposed to be, we'd spell everything phonetically and get it over with.

/joke

Seriously, though. It's beamer. If you're going to spell it that way, say it that way. The same way with the Prius. On Top Gear they call it a "pry-us" which makes perfect sense. Where the shit do we get "pree-us" from the letter "i"?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6737|SE London

SealXo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

That is one sexy Beamer
Bimmer?

Who do you think you are? Beanie man?

SealXo
+309|6691

DesertFox- wrote:

I do not approve of "bimmer". If we Americans were half as lazy as we're supposed to be, we'd spell everything phonetically and get it over with.

/joke

Seriously, though. It's beamer. If you're going to spell it that way, say it that way. The same way with the Prius. On Top Gear they call it a "pry-us" which makes perfect sense. Where the shit do we get "pree-us" from the letter "i"?
alright whatever, ill just call up dozens of magazines, carshows,  thousands of vendors, bmw owners, dealer owners, the motorsport team and ill just tell them its not.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6602|Amsterdam‫
it is just BMW   quit whining all!!!
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6626
Hey you my dad and uncle own BMW's and they say "Beamer", therefore they are right!!111111

i have one in my garage and it was expenisve and real and from germany and the instruction manual says 'congrats on ur new BEAMER'.

SO HAH.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6777|London, England

SealXo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Cool, i drove 300 miles round trip to Santa Barbara for BIMMERfest... whens beamerfest coming up? i think Brembo, Zshift, BBS, Active Autowerks, VF Engineering, Bimmian, Horsepower Freaks, VMR, 360 forged and more disagree with you

Gooners wrote:

Its spelled Bimmer and its not pronounced like that unless you're in England and choose to say that... jeremy clarkson says "bimmah"
Sim simmah, who got da keys to mah bimmah

Who am I, de girls dem sugar

SealXo
+309|6691

Uzique wrote:

Hey you my dad and uncle own BMW's and they say "Beamer", therefore they are right!!111111

i have one in my garage and it was expenisve and real and from germany and the instruction manual says 'congrats on ur new BEAMER'.

SO HAH.
why do brits say VITmins instead of vitamins? it sounds like some mass retardation. sound your shit out.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6840|United States of America
Vitamin at least can be pronounced with a long or short "i" though. "Bimmer" is entirely different. You can either go with long "bye-mer" or short "bim-mer".
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6788

SealXo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

SO HAH.
why do brits say VITmins instead of vitamins? it sounds like some mass retardation. sound your shit out.
I say VITamins and everyone laughs at me
ghettoperson
+1,943|6805

I happen to be good friends with the guy who owns BMW and he assures me it's most definitely pronounced Beamer, and that if you could "just call up dozens of magazines, carshows,  thousands of vendors, bmw owners, dealer owners, the motorsport team and ill just tell them its not" he'd be very grateful; he hates having to deal with Yanks that can't pronounce anything properly.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5653|England

SealXo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

SO HAH.
vitmins? what hell are you talking about?

it's spelled vitamins and pronounced vit-a-mins

you bunch of cock suckers call it vite-a-mins? sort your life out

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard