Mitch
16 more years
+877|6535|South Florida
This gets mad annoying, and its been happening for the last 6 or more months as far as i can remember.

Ill be doing something, and then ill be done, and ill close firefox.

Then ill be like oh yeah i wanted to check that,

ill try reopening firefox, and it'll say "firefox is already running" bla bla which makes me have to go into task manager and find it on the list and end it.

So fucking annoying when i just wanna get something done.

Im sure others have bitched, is there a fix?
15 more years! 15 more years!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

mine does the same thing...it takes a few seconds for it to close.  Actually, firefox has been being a bitch to me too...I'll be browsing and then all of the sudden it will freeze for like a minute...not responding....
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6535|South Florida

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

mine does the same thing...it takes a few seconds for it to close.  Actually, firefox has been being a bitch to me too...I'll be browsing and then all of the sudden it will freeze for like a minute...not responding....
Yeah, its certainly not the reliable beast it once was. I guess when the 'firefox fad' hit it became mainstream and started to suck.

Also been randomly crashing. Luckly it has a good system of restoring all windows and tabs back to normal, but still, annoying.
15 more years! 15 more years!
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6148|New Jersey
I've never experienced any of those problems on either XP or Vista so don't be so quick to condemn FF.  Have you tried reinstalling it?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
just like you wheeeeeeey
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6424|Finland

FF is a bit bitchy on my lappy with XP SP3. With my Vista PC no problems at all.

edit: do you have add-ons installed?

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2009-06-17 09:41:31)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6641|949

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

FF is a bit bitchy on my lappy with XP SP3. With my Vista PC no problems at all.

edit: do you have add-ons installed?
I have no add-ons installed.  It is pretty barebones.  I get the "firefox is already running" thing every so often, but the far greater annoyance is the mid-browse freeze up.  I guess I'll reinstall and see if that helps.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6556|the best galaxy
Yes same here. Also problem with bookmarking. Went back to 2.0 version.
Very annoying.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard