blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

Flecco wrote:

Didn't the Iranian Nuclear Agency get help from the USA in the late 60s early 70s?
yeah, so did Sadam to fight the Iran U.S. funded them, so did al qaeda, U.S. funded them against the Russians. So yeah U.S. keeps funding all these groups and at the end it bites them in the ass.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

blademaster wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Didn't the Iranian Nuclear Agency get help from the USA in the late 60s early 70s?
yeah, so did Sadam to fight the Iran U.S. funded them, so did al qaeda, U.S. funded them against the Russians. So yeah U.S. keeps funding all these groups and at the end it bites them in the ass.
Actually at the time Iran was an ally to the western world in the region.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
13rin
+977|6480

Flecco wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Excellent.  You've blamed the US.

SO.

Since it is the USesses fault.  We must clean up our mess right?  Thanks for the green light on a preemptive surgical strike on Iran's ... er.  Wait -Obama probably gave them yellow cake as an inaugural present.   Let the party continue!  Thanks OB!  Or is it Hillary?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

blademaster wrote:

Flecco wrote:

No. The US didn't fund AQ. AQ was formed well after the Soviet Afghan War and was aligned against the Northern Alliance, which is who the US primarily supplied and trained during the aforementioned war.

Reading history instead of internet forums ftw.

And yes, pre-revolution Iran received technical support from the US on an energy-production program. Far different than the program Iran is now pursuing.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
PureFodder
+225|6287

FEOS wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Flecco wrote:

No. The US didn't fund AQ. AQ was formed well after the Soviet Afghan War and was aligned against the Northern Alliance, which is who the US primarily supplied and trained during the aforementioned war.
Did the US fund the groups that AQ emerged from?

FEOS wrote:

And yes, pre-revolution Iran received technical support from the US on an energy-production program. Far different than the program Iran is now pursuing.
You still get plenty of reporters and sometimes politicians that question why Iran needs a nuclear energy program when they have all that oil, seemingly oblivious that the US initiated a nuclear power program in Iran under the Shah, atoms for peace.
BVC
+325|6697
This is a bunch of people claiming Iran has enough material for a bomb, it is not Iran claiming that it has enough material for a bomb.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to make something akin to a DU tank round using non-depleted uranium?  What grade of material would you need to do this?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Pubic wrote:

This is a bunch of people claiming Iran has enough material for a bomb, it is not Iran claiming that it has enough material for a bomb.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to make something akin to a DU tank round using non-depleted uranium?  What grade of material would you need to do this?
A very, very, very dense material. DU is supremely dense - much denser than lead, hence its penetration power. I think the main alternative is some kind of tungsten-based alloy, but from what I've heard you don't want to be messing with that stuff. DU might give you cancer, that stuff WILL give you cancer.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
JahManRed
wank
+646|6629|IRELAND

If I was an Iranian citizen, id be demanding my government get me some nukes pronto. They have huge US/UK armies on either side occupying Afghanistan and Iraqi. Intel was fabricated to justify these occupations. My country is on the axis of evil. And until recently all signs from the US administration has been that Iran is next for "stone age" treatment.

Nukes=national security against imperialism.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya

JahManRed wrote:

If I was an Iranian citizen, id be demanding my government get me some nukes pronto. They have huge US/UK armies on either side occupying Afghanistan and Iraqi. Intel was fabricated to justify these occupations. My country is on the axis of evil. And until recently all signs from the US administration has been that Iran is next for "stone age" treatment.

Although acquisition of nukes = excuse for imperialist pig-dogs to rape your country.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Nice title, using the word "We" as if they came out and said they have enough Uranium to make a bomb indicating their desire to make a bomb. I mean I know most people would think it's a small thing but actually it means quite alot when or if they come out and say it themselves or whether it's someone else saying they have enough to make a bomb (which is what actually happened, according to your article).

Anyway I honestly don't give a shit if Iran gets the bomb, Israel has it, Pakistan has it (Pakistan are sorta in the same the region) - Why nobody says anything about proliferation in all the other countries like Saudi etc.. when Israel got the bomb yet talk about it when Iran gets the bomb, I dunno. At the end of the day, when you're constantly threatened to be attacked and two of your neighbours get invaded by your biggest enemy, only a naive idiot would be shocked and appalled at Iran trying to get nukes

They know what will happen if they even think of using nukes, that's good enough for me.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-06-09 03:05:59)

BVC
+325|6697
Iran supports hezbollah, hezbollah attacks Israel.  If Iran gets the bomb then Israel might be more hesitant to strike at Iran, for fear of provoking a nuclear response.  This means Iran can give more support to hezbollah without a military confrontation with Israel.  End result: More Israelis die.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Excellent.  You've blamed the US.

SO.

Since it is the USesses fault.  We must clean up our mess right?  Thanks for the green light on a preemptive surgical strike on Iran's ... er.  Wait -Obama probably gave them yellow cake as an inaugural present.   Let the party continue!  Thanks OB!  Or is it Hillary?
Could have sworn I had already replied to this. Anyway.

Chill out. I asked a rhetorical question which stated that the USA had assisted Iran in getting access to nuclear power while it was an ally of the USA.

I didn't say it was the USA's fault. It definitely isn't the USA's fault what Iran does with the knowledge originally supplied for peaceful purposes. I think, personally, it was a great act of faith on behalf of the USA. If you want to play the blame game I'd have to say the blame is partially shared by the British, as they came up with the idea to depose that dude who nationalised Iran's oil reserves in the 50s, after which the Shah they let take power crushed all political opposition and became, essentially, a dictator. All of this was done in the strategic context of the Cold War though, and probably made a lot of sense at the time to the guys in charge.* What we see in Iran's leadership now is a direct result of the Western World interfering with the democracy they had the first time around.

*If any of the historical anecdote above is incorrect please tell me so I don't look like a jackass in future.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Pubic wrote:

Iran supports hezbollah, hezbollah attacks Israel.  If Iran gets the bomb then Israel might be more hesitant to strike at Iran, for fear of provoking a nuclear response.  This means Iran can give more support to hezbollah without a military confrontation with Israel.  End result: More Israelis die.
Alternatively:
America supports Israel, Israel attacks Palestine, Lebanon etc. Israel has the bomb so they can attack whoever they like without fear of provoking a nuclear response.
End result: Palestinians will continue to die and have their land stolen.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

PureFodder wrote:

FEOS wrote:

blademaster wrote:

Did the US fund the groups that AQ emerged from?
AQ didn't "emerge from groups". It was founded by a single man who brought like-minded fanatics with him. Could some of them have been a part of the Northern Alliance at one time? Of course. Does that mean that by funding the NA, the US somehow funded AQ? Absolutely not.

PureFodder wrote:

FEOS wrote:

You still get plenty of reporters and sometimes politicians that question why Iran needs a nuclear energy program when they have all that oil, seemingly oblivious that the US initiated a nuclear power program in Iran under the Shah, atoms for peace.
That program (the one in the 70s) was under heavy oversight from the US and others to ensure it was for power production and not military purposes. This one is not.

That is the key difference between the two.

True, some question the need for a civilian power program, but if Iran was abiding by IAEA and other international demands for transparency and assistance in development, there wouldn't be any issues with them developing a program of that type.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6412|'Murka

JahManRed wrote:

Intel was fabricated to justify Afghanistan? Really?

/facepalm
― Albert Einstein

too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx
I hope if they do drop one, that the rest of the world won't be dumb enough to retaliate with more nukes, dooming our species. Just drop thousands of MOABs on them, for years and years and years, that'll solve it all.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

FEOS wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Intel was fabricated to justify Afghanistan? Really?

/facepalm
Any kind of military activity conducted by the US/UK these days is always deemed to be evil and on some pretence it would seem, or some adventure to establish a colony.

Iran is doing to a lesser extent exactly what North Korea is doing, trying to make itself look top dog when it isn't, with no particular care about how many problems it creates in the process.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Harmor wrote:

Source: http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.com/2009 … -make.html

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1263 … uclear.jpg

War News Updates wrote:

From The Scotsman:

IRAN now has enough nuclear material to make its first atomic bomb, it was claimed last night.

The Islamic republic, whose president has threatened to "wipe Israel off the face of the Earth", has nearly doubled stockpiles of enriched uranium in the last six months, the United Nations said yesterday.

Experts believe it would take no more than six months for Iran to turn its stocks into enough weapons-grade material for a bomb – if it decides to defy warnings from US President Barack Obama not to do so.

Officials from the United Nations' International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) yesterday reported huge rises in the amount of low-enriched uranium or LEU in Iran and the number of centrifuges needed to make it.

Read More...
But, but Lord Obama said that Iran has the right to Nuclear Energy!  They couldn't possibly be stockpiling Uranium (or buying it from Chavez in Columbia), for a Nuclear weapon...lol sad.
We have more important threats to deal with, I hear a Jew built a house!!
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6199

blademaster wrote:

why cant they just get along lol

http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com … s-iran.jpg
OMG Ahmadinejad is about to eat that jew!!!!!  You were all right!! He really is antisemite!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

blademaster wrote:

why cant they just get along lol

http://heavenawaits.files.wordpress.com … s-iran.jpg
Iran so far away....
BVC
+325|6697

Dilbert_X wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Alternatively:
America supports Israel, Israel attacks Palestine, Lebanon etc. Israel has the bomb so they can attack whoever they like without fear of provoking a nuclear response.
End result: Palestinians will continue to die and have their land stolen.
Thats the current state of affairs.  But if Iran has the bomb - or at least if Israel believes Iran has the bomb - then Israel can't attack Iran without fear of provoking a nuclear response against themselves.

Last edited by Pubic (2009-06-09 18:21:54)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

lowing wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Source: http://warnewsupdates.blogspot.com/2009 … -make.html

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1263 … uclear.jpg

War News Updates wrote:

From The Scotsman:

IRAN now has enough nuclear material to make its first atomic bomb, it was claimed last night.

The Islamic republic, whose president has threatened to "wipe Israel off the face of the Earth", has nearly doubled stockpiles of enriched uranium in the last six months, the United Nations said yesterday.

Experts believe it would take no more than six months for Iran to turn its stocks into enough weapons-grade material for a bomb – if it decides to defy warnings from US President Barack Obama not to do so.

Officials from the United Nations' International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) yesterday reported huge rises in the amount of low-enriched uranium or LEU in Iran and the number of centrifuges needed to make it.

Read More...
But, but Lord Obama said that Iran has the right to Nuclear Energy!  They couldn't possibly be stockpiling Uranium (or buying it from Chavez in Columbia), for a Nuclear weapon...lol sad.
We have more important threats to deal with, I hear a JewMexican built a house on American soil!!
Fix'd for you m8.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA
Isn't Venezuela selling Iran uranium?  I wonder how long after Iran gets the bomb before they plant those missiles in Venezuela?  Bay of Pigs Deux???
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Pubic wrote:

Any kind of Uranium will work fine, from totally depleted to bomb grade.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon
OP topic title fails.  iran did not say they have enough to make nuke.... other experts did.

wrote:

He stressed there was no evidence that Iran was trying to weaponise its LEU at its main processing plant in Nantanz. He added any effort to move LEU from Nantanz to a covert facility would be noticed by inspectors within months.

Last edited by steelie34 (2009-06-10 08:56:16)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard