m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK

Pug wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Pug wrote:

So what I'm getting here is the following:

Both the Islamic and American image is bad internationally.

I'm wondering if the international community is putting the same amount of criticism on Islamic countries?  How effective is that?

Oh...right...it's not a democracy so there's no self-criticism...only beheadings for speaking out.  Which, in turn, no one talks about or does anything about internationally.

At least we listen.  We might not give a shit, but we'll listen.
What's the point in listening if you still won't give a shit
Isn't the President on a Middle East publicity tour right now?  Yep.  We ain't listening.

"The US shouldn't be meddling in other countries"

...isn't that meddling in US affairs?  Irony.

And Iran's meddling in the Middle East?  Sanctions aren't preventing anything...I'm sure the same amount of bitching is being heard and acted upon?

Oh right...they aren't meddling.
Nice hissy fit there pal.  So yeah, like i said same old dribble, from the same old people, from the same old party(s).  It's tiresome.  Why you think the messiah will DO anything different bar spout less baseless rhetoric is beyond me.  I want action not a fancy a whimsical tour around the land of asshats which will be forgotton about say, in one week.

Same for Iran just to be fair and prevent your panties from twisting.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

I will just say, I am truely sorry you think I am the equivalent of a terrorist who straps bombs on children, women or themselves for the goal of blowing up innocent people.
And I am truly sorry if you maintain your standpoint that every muslim is a terrorist. Looks like Obama is apologizing that opinions like yours exist in the U.S.
Well now we are getting somewhere,  please by all means do a search, and tell me where I have said I believe every Muslim is a terrorist. When you are done, after I get home form work I will look for your retraction and or apology. I doubt however you will be man enough to offer one.
Whatever the fuck ever. You're right. Fuck diplomacy. Let's bomb the shit out of the Middle East, the fuckers. Bombs rule. Tacos rule.
I need around tree fiddy.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

m3thod wrote:

Pug wrote:

One more...

...what has YOUR country ACTIVELY done recently to reduce the tensions in the Middle East?

Bitching doesn't count.  Neither does drawing shitty national borders and then leaving the region.
Say hello to my Pakistani heritage.  God save the...erm...erm...yeah what was it again broooooooooooo?
Pakistan definitely got screwed over in terms of borders, but that was actually the fault of Indian nationalists, not the British.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Turquoise wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Pug wrote:

One more...

...what has YOUR country ACTIVELY done recently to reduce the tensions in the Middle East?

Bitching doesn't count.  Neither does drawing shitty national borders and then leaving the region.
Say hello to my Pakistani heritage.  God save the...erm...erm...yeah what was it again broooooooooooo?
Pakistan definitely got screwed over in terms of borders, but that was actually the fault of Indian nationalists, not the British.
I'd say Africa was fucked over royally.
I need around tree fiddy.
Turquoise
O Canada

DonFck wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

m3thod wrote:

I'd say Africa was fucked over royally.
Most definitely.  With Africa, more of the blame can be put on Europeans.  With India and Pakistan, most of the conflicts were actually between Hindu and Islamic leadership.
Balok77
+28|6149
Ok I don't get it. Which countries leader has verbally put down the U.S for providing them with aid? The only leaders of nations that I cant think of which are truly anti American at the moment are of Iran and North Korea. I see where your coming from that if you help someone then in turn they should be grateful, but you don't help people to get something in return, at least in a perfect world. Could you please give me some examples of where aid has been provided and then the leader of this Middle Eastern nation has then condoned the U.S.A?

On a side note I think this thread is starting to go off topic....
Turquoise
O Canada

Balok77 wrote:

Ok I don't get it. Which countries leader has verbally put down the U.S for providing them with aid? The only leaders of nations that I cant think of which are truly anti American at the moment are of Iran and North Korea. I see where your coming from that if you help someone then in turn they should be grateful, but you don't help people to get something in return, at least in a perfect world. Could you please give me some examples of where aid has been provided and then the leader of this Middle Eastern nation has then condoned the U.S.A?

On a side note I think this thread is starting to go off topic....
I think this is the key here.  Most governments don't have a problem with the U.S.  It's their populations that often do.

Some of this resentment is justified, but as I mentioned earlier, some of it is the result of propaganda.
Balok77
+28|6149
Yes and this is the point that I have been attempting to stress. If you travel to many middle eastern countries (well at least the ones I've been too) the population doesn't hate the U.S in fact that love American TV, American Brands and the idea of an American lifestyle. There are those who hate
America but again, it is the few not the many.

Yes of course propaganda is important to convincing the population that something is bad. However you don't see anti American TV programs on most normal day to day TV schedules. In this same manner however you do see a lot of bashing of Islam as a religion in the media in western nations, and therefore it is not like were setting a perfect example.
Turquoise
O Canada

Balok77 wrote:

Yes and this is the point that I have been attempting to stress. If you travel to many middle eastern countries (well at least the ones I've been too) the population doesn't hate the U.S in fact that love American TV, American Brands and the idea of an American lifestyle. There are those who hate
America but again, it is the few not the many.

Yes of course propaganda is important to convincing the population that something is bad. However you don't see anti American TV programs on most normal day to day TV schedules. In this same manner however you do see a lot of bashing of Islam as a religion in the media in western nations, and therefore it is not like were setting a perfect example.
Yep, propaganda is found in every country, which often results in needless conflicts between cultures.
m3thod
+2,197|6672|UK

Turquoise wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Pug wrote:

One more...

I'm actually of Kashmiri heritage.  I wish the Indians would fuck off from there.
Turquoise
O Canada

m3thod wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

m3thod wrote:

I'm actually of Kashmiri heritage.  I wish the Indians would fuck off from there.
I hear ya...  I just wish Pakistan was multiple countries separated by ethnic groups.

Kmarion posted an interesting map a year or two ago that showed how things could be split up this way.  This would probably result in fewer border disputes.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone
There's a mutiplayer FPS game played in the middle east where you are always an arab shooting American soldiers regardless of what team you are on.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

lowing wrote:

DonFck wrote:

lowing wrote:

I will just say, I am truely sorry you think I am the equivalent of a terrorist who straps bombs on children, women or themselves for the goal of blowing up innocent people.
And I am truly sorry if you maintain your standpoint that every muslim is a terrorist. Looks like Obama is apologizing that opinions like yours exist in the U.S.
Well now we are getting somewhere,  please by all means do a search, and tell me where I have said I believe every Muslim is a terrorist. When you are done, after I get home form work I will look for your retraction and or apology. I doubt however you will be man enough to offer one.
Lowing you constantly generalize - you know this.  You refer to Islam as "the religion of peace" then offer up all these reasons why Islam is evil...You may not have spoken the exact words "every Muslim is a terrorist" but don't you think the fact the majority of the people here think you are bigoted lends some credibility to DonFck's statement?  You constantly harp on all the bad things people who are Muslims do because it fits your narrow-minded agenda (and you use the media as your mouthpiece because reporting on nefarious Muslim deeds fits their agenda).  I don't see you start topics about the horrible things that Jewish people do, or Christian people do, or American people do, or African people do.  The fact of the matter is a good portion of the population on Earth are sadistic fuckers.  I'm sure you don't agree with the shit that other people do, but you don't start 10 topics on it because it doesn't fit your agenda.

It's a common occurrence with you - you don't agree with the hundreds of billions of dollars in bailouts for the financial industry same as you don't agree with the tens of billions of dollars in bailouts for the auto industry - but you never go on and on about the financial bailouts because you can't blame those on the evil unions - it doesn't fit your agenda.  You may be consistent in your stance about financial bailouts (just like you may be consistent in your stance against religious fanaticism) but you are incredibly inconsistent in your whining about it - because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Do you see a pattern here?  I noticed it about 2 years ago, which is why I don't really bother "debating" with you anymore- you claim to be this rock of consistency when the reality is you shout the loudest about things that you have some kind of emotional attachment to - it's as if you have some vested interest in showing how evil Islam is (while in the same breath stating "I don't hate all Muslims").
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

I think lowing has an issue with islam, not mooslims.  But, it appears ya'll can't see the difference.  All religions suck.  But islam is the worst right now imo.  I don't see baptists or protestants throwing acid on school girls or killing people for watching soccer.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700

usmarine wrote:

I think lowing has an issue with islam, not mooslims.  But, it appears ya'll can't see the difference.  All religions suck.  But islam is the worst right now imo.  I don't see baptists or protestants throwing acid on school girls or killing people for watching soccer.
yeah, i didn't see that when i was in yemen 7 years ago...
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

12/f/taiwan wrote:

usmarine wrote:

good for you
Turquoise
O Canada

12/f/taiwan wrote:

usmarine wrote:

In the areas that Islam is nutty, it generally outdoes the nuttiness of other religions.  Rural Pakistan, a lot of Afghanistan, and some parts of Saudi Arabia come to mind.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

How in the hell did this get to 8 pages?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

m3thod wrote:

Pug wrote:

m3thod wrote:

What's the point in listening if you still won't give a shit
Isn't the President on a Middle East publicity tour right now?  Yep.  We ain't listening.

"The US shouldn't be meddling in other countries"

...isn't that meddling in US affairs?  Irony.

And Iran's meddling in the Middle East?  Sanctions aren't preventing anything...I'm sure the same amount of bitching is being heard and acted upon?

Oh right...they aren't meddling.
Nice hissy fit there pal.  So yeah, like i said same old dribble, from the same old people, from the same old party(s).  It's tiresome.  Why you think the messiah will DO anything different bar spout less baseless rhetoric is beyond me.  I want action not a fancy a whimsical tour around the land of asshats which will be forgotton about say, in one week.

Change you can believe in.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

m3thod wrote:

What changes, more specifically, are you looking for?
m3thod
+2,197|6672|UK

Turquoise wrote:

m3thod wrote:

What changes, more specifically, are you looking for?
Begins with I.  Doesn't with raq (ib4 pug)

Environmental (inb4 marine)

Natural resources usage (inb4 DB)

Your rich crooks (the ones that wear pinstripes & inb4 lowing)

crooked military adventures (inb4 well all jarheads)

not in order

maybe miltary spending....a bit too much imo

edit

i didn't inculde domestic cos i don't give a shit what goes on within your borders illegals and what not.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-06-04 16:28:08)

Turquoise
O Canada

m3thod wrote:

Begins with I.  Doesn't with raq (ib4 pug).
As much as I'd like us to leave Iraq, it's not going to happen anytime soon.  It's essentially serving as a testing ground for new military technologies now.

m3thod wrote:

Environmental (inb4 marine).
That probably will change, if you're referring to increasing our standards.

m3thod wrote:

Natural resources usage (inb4 DB)
This will change as well, partly through more emphasis on alternative energy and partly through the increasing cost of oil.

m3thod wrote:

Your rich crooks (the ones that wear pinstripes & inb4 lowing)
This...  well, I don't think that will ever change.  The best to be expected here is more regulation of things like leveraging.

m3thod wrote:

crooked military adventures (inb4 well all jarheads)
Well, it looks like they'll be a little less crooked now, since the emphasis is shifting to eradicating the Taliban rather than just profitting contractors in Iraq.

m3thod wrote:

maybe miltary spending....a bit too much imo)
The only hope this has of happening requires that more of Europe gets more involved in more conflicts (and build up their own militaries for that purpose).

As seen with Sudan, if we don't intervene, then countries like China will.  I lean more in the isolationist direction, but I also would rather see us spread our influence than have China or Russia do it.

I wouldn't mind seeing the EU increase its military might though.  *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*
m3thod
+2,197|6672|UK
Begins with I. doesn't end with raq.

I understand your premise in reference to Iraq but I'm still going to bitch about if only to annoy the usual suspects.

Last edited by m3thod (2009-06-04 16:45:12)

Turquoise
O Canada

m3thod wrote:

Begins with I. doesn't end with raq.

I understand your premise in reference to Iraq but I'm still going to bitch about if only to annoy the usual suspects.
Well, with Iran, that is something that needs to change, but it looks like Obama is pretty intent on at least making Ahmadinejad uncomfortable in his standoffishness.

It's hard to demonize someone that invites you to dinner.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5612|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

DrunkFace wrote:

lowing wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Basically Don, lowing is trying to say.

"I'm right you're wrong and I'm not even going to bother telling you why."

I am sorry you think I am no different than a person who will saw off the heads of inocent people for a youtube video.

I am sorry you can not see a difference between me and someone flies airplanes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people.

I truely am sorry for this blurred line
They're all dead... so who exactly are you fighting?
They are most definitely not all dead. They are still killing US soldiers and their own people in countries across the Middle East.
Pakistan is a breeding ground for them with their fundamentalist religious schools.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard