Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5412
Alright.. when I go to play BF2, I'll get about 1-2 mins of game time, and then I get kicked by punkbuster. The error has been saying:

PunkBuster kicked player 'Nightfire_Wolf' (for 0 minutes) RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe heartbeats stopped

I have no idea what that means, but in searching for some type of help earlier, I did gather I needed to make sure both A and B were on, which they are, and have internet access (which I have no idea how to do).

Any help anyone can provide would be very much appreciated. I can't be a chick that plays FPS if I get booted every few minutes. T_T

Thank you in Advance
~Nightfire
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Have you tried going to punkbuster.com and downloading the latest software?

I haven't played in years, not sure if I'm going to be able to help... Free bump nonetheless.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5412
Yeah.. I forgot to mention that. I downloaded their pbsetup software thinger and Punkbuster said all my stuff was up to date.

Thank you for the response and free bump ^_^
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5412
Thank you. I'm gonna go check it out and see if that fixes anything.
Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5412
T_T 2 options down and no improvement. Gonna see if I can wrap my ignorant little head around figuring out how to go about options 3 & 4.
Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5412
Turned my firewall off, and that didnt fix it, so I'll try option 4.
Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5412
>.< nothing fixed it so far.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6610|Your moms bedroom
downloading the newest punkbuster didnt work for me, nor any other people that have had this issue. I always found re-intalling bf2 and re-patching the best way to fix it when it happened to me
Fateless
+36|6212|Jennifer Connellys Pants
What you need is PBSVC, not pbsetup. Get it here http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5412
Well, I reinstalled and repatched BF2, and I haven't gotten that particular error yet, so hopefully its fixed. Damn thing made me so mad yesterday I almost threw my computer out the window.... Literally
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Keep us posted!
1-|niekjepiek|-1
+0|5479|Netherlands
I also get this error sometimes...
I've spent hours trying to fix it, with no luck.
What I now do when I get this error is restart my computer, and most of the time I won't get the error for at least a few days.

Hope this helps for you
Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5412
Well, after reinstalling and repatching, I've only gotten the error once, and that was after leaving BF2 online all night. A simple computer restart fixed it, and I've been pretty error free since. Thank you to everyone who tried to help.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard