DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6454|cuntshitlake

Punkbuster is causing problems for many of us, which are a constant topic on the forums here too. Basically issues occur when new PB versions are released, and the automatic updates fail to work, or firewall blocks the changed program. This will cause punkbuster kicks labeled with:

PnkBsrtrB.exe handshaking failed ; PnkBsrtrB.exe heartbeats stopped ; PB init failure ; Packet loss or similar. (Example)

Now let's get on how to fix it.

1. First try to update Punkbuster manually with the setup program from this link: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

2. If that won't help, try reinstalling punkbuster services: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

3. If that won't help AND/OR the pbsvc service test tells you that there is a firewall problem, add allow rules in your firewall to these files:

Code:

C:\THE GAME FOLDER\pb\PnkBstrB.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PnkBstrB.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PnkBstrA.exe
4. The last option is the one I had to use (and some others as well).

• Make a backup folder on your desktop.
  • Navigate to "C:\THE GAME FOLDER\pb\"
  • Copy every file and folder in there and paste them to the backup folder on your desktop.
  • Delete everything in "C:\THE GAME FOLDER\pb\"
  • Run PBsetup.exe ( http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php )

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2008-03-05 07:59:52)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

Stickied.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6188|Winland

<3
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6124|Carnoustie, Scotland
So what do I do if I run PBSVC and then run tests and it tells me that PnkBstr B is not running?

Checking if PnkBstrB is running             NOT RUNNING

Last edited by Funky_Finny (2008-03-16 09:42:13)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6454|cuntshitlake

Funky_Finny wrote:

So what do I do if I run PBSVC and then run tests and it tells me that PnkBstr B is not running?

Checking if PnkBstrB is running             NOT RUNNING
Hard to say anything to that. Oh, are you the administrator of the computer? If yes, you might want to try running it again.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6593
THank you     
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

I just allowed that app tp access the interwebz, worked for me
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Nightfire
Politically Incorrect
+2|5433
Tried all 4 and nothing has helped. Any other advice?
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6631|Your moms bedroom

Nightfire wrote:

Tried all 4 and nothing has helped. Any other advice?
yes re-install, re-patch
youoldduffer
+3|6553|scotland
What about the kick  PB for modified content any fix for that yet? I'm sick of it this is a new pc so a fresh install of bf2 was done and suprise suprise got the kick tried uninstalling ect still get the kick.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6541|775

I'm experiencing "PB INIT FAILURE" kicks for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC. I've tried all 4 steps and still nothing. On the 3rd step, I couldn't even find the files to make the firewall exceptions for.

System Specs:
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
2.5GHz Intel Duo Core Wolfdale
4GB of RAM
NVidia GTX 260 w/current driver
650w PSU
2juk
+12|5168

youoldduffer wrote:

What about the kick  PB for modified content any fix for that yet? I'm sick of it this is a new pc so a fresh install of bf2 was done and suprise suprise got the kick tried uninstalling ect still get the kick.
Did you install patch v1.41 BEFORE v1.5? If so try reinstalling both of them (v1.41 first, then v1.5). Update punkbuster from evenbalance.com then click Battlefield 2 > Download > PBSetup > Windows/Linux/Mac.

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

I'm experiencing "PB INIT FAILURE" kicks for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on PC.
Make sure your running Battlefield as an 'Administrator'. If you are and still are having problems, do what I told youoldduffer (evenbalance.com but for BFBC2 obviously).

Hope these suggestions help! let me know if they work I'm happy to help.
Guardian_Ekim
+51|6541|775

2juk wrote:

Make sure your running Battlefield as an 'Administrator'.
On Windows 7, I have most of that User Access Control stuff turned off and run everything as an "Administrator" (at least I think). I've manually updated PB the easy way and the hard way countless times with no luck. Also, there is no option to run it as Administrator through Steam that I know of...

Thank you for your input!

UPDATE:

evenbalance.com wrote:

Once the PnkBstrA service is running along with a new PB client version 1.500 and higher, running PB enabled games under Windows 2000, XP or Vista no longer requires Administrator privileges.
After opening a ticket about this at evenbalance.com (aka Punkbuster's website), I received the following reply from Punkbuster staff:

We are looking into this and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited by Guardian_Ekim (2010-03-08 03:52:41)

2juk
+12|5168

Guardian_Ekim wrote:

2juk wrote:

Make sure your running Battlefield as an 'Administrator'.
On Windows 7, I have most of that User Access Control stuff turned off and run everything as an "Administrator" (at least I think).
Ooo, I'm not familiar with Windows 7 .. Sorry.

btw, how do you like Windows 7?
Guardian_Ekim
+51|6541|775

2juk wrote:

btw, how do you like Windows 7?
It's

Anyhow, I've fixed the problem temporarily. Basically, we turned my server side PB off until the server PB comes out with a new update to fix the problem. Not only can I play again, but my server has been non-stop since.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5859|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
You don't actually need to run anything BF2 related as administrator to get it to work normally
99Sundance
+1|4961
I started having this problem a few weeks ago. pnkbstrb.exe failed to load. I checked my Services.mcs and the service for that is not there anymore but the A is. I tried all the recommended fixes for it, but still with the same error. I removed everything and installed a fresh copy for BF2 and updated it to 1.41 and it worked, then applied the 1.5 patch and started getting the same error again. I have allowed the firewall to allow the pnkbstra and b to run but still cannot get back on.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Well fucksauce. I thought I had this shit licked.

Killed gameoverlay, made sure punkbusterb was up and running and finally was able to play for about ten minutes...until pb booted me again.

I'm going to have to just try the regular CD install, and I hope EB goes out of business for good for their failfixes.

e: Lol at this 9-month-old message:

"We are looking into this and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience."
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6372|the land of bourbon
well newbie, if you uninstall all the hacks, pb won't kick you anymore
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6444|The Twilight Zone
What I did was I completely deleted punkbuster, downloaded the new PB updater and did a clean install of it. Worked great till I tossed the game out the window.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

steelie: troll
.sup: tried that and still got the disallowed program/driver. rather than dick with it, I think I'm just going to call my steam copy a loss and dig out my cd's again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard