G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
+24|6161|Contae Chorcaí | Éire
https://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8774/armalogo.png
Armed Assault 2
  • Official Site: Here
  • Realease Date 30 June 2009 00:00:00 GMT
  • Info:
    Building on 10 years of constant engine development, ARMA II boasts the most realistic combat environment in the world. It models real world ballistics & round deflection, materials penetration, features a realtime day/night cycle and dynamic wind, weather and environmental effects. The simulation of a combat environment is so effective, the engine forms the basis for training simulators used by real armies the world over.Although ArmA II is set in the fictional ex-soviet state of 'Chernarus' the gameworld is actually a 225 square kilometer chunk of the real world! ARMA II's highly detailed landscape is a meticulous facsimile of real terrain, modeled using extensive geographical data. This recreated region is brought to life with spectacular environmental effects and populated with dynamic civilian settlements and wildlife. Wild animals roam the atmospheric forests while the people of Chernarus try to live out their lives among the war-torn streets.The 27th U.S. Marine Expeditionary Unit have been deployed to the former soviet country of Chernarus in this third installment in the series of award winning PC war simulators from Bohemia Interactive, creators of Operation Flashpoint*: Cold War Crisis and ArmA: Combat Operations.Force Reconnaissance Team “Razor” are among the first to fight. This elite five-man team are about to fall down the rabbit hole, trapped in a war not only for control of the country, but the hearts and minds of its people. With the might of the USMC offshore and the Russians anxiously watching from the north, the stakes couldn't be higher. The fate of Chernarus is balanced on a razor's edge...
    • PLAYER-DRIVEN STORY - Command your troops through a branching campaign full of twists and surprises.
    • THRILLING REALISM - Explore the 225 square kilometer of highly detailed landscape, modelled using real-world geographical data and master each of 81 weapons and 120+ vehicles.
    • AUTHENTIC SIMULATION - Game simulates various aspects of combat and evironment effects from bullet ballistics, material penetration, ammunition types and stopping power to weather conditions.
    • EXTENSIVE MULTIPLAYER - Play the campaign missions in cooperative mode or join duty in the massive multiplayer battles with up to 50 players.
    • ADVANCED AI - Compete the ultimate next-gen AI: no scripts, no predefined pathways. All units react on actual game situation.
    • MISSION EDITOR - Design your own missions by the intuitive, easy-to-use mission editor and become part of one of the biggest and most creative PC gaming community ever.

Discuss any thoughts and info about the game here

Last edited by G.Cronin (2009-06-03 10:37:25)

King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Wow, that looks bad ass!
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5467|England
26 days away and its on warez?
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn

SamBo:D wrote:

26 days away and its on warez?
I know, it was released on 29 May in Germany but will be available worldwide by 30 June!! I think its 19 June in Europe and 26 of June in US
Mugen
+19|5969
Some kind of beta version here in germany. And there are so many fucking bugs I won't even dare to count. Anyway the game looks very nice, if your pc is any decent. I'll wait for another couple of patches though.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX
Humm I got it here in TX
Looks amazing, LOTS of BUGS... Waiting for some good patches, so I can play... NPCs go thru closed doors, can walk up some wooden ramps, others you cant... Helo graphics, character movement, and hit reg is
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

It's utter utter shit. It's slow, HELLISHLY buggy, planes control like a flying sausage, the gun recoil is sometimes way too much or way too little.

Graphics are the only upside. Sound is poor, character models are utter shit, interaction is poor.
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn
Didn't realise so many people have it!! What you rate it out of 10 so?

Oh and I've heard that if its really buggy, it ain't considered a legit copy of the game or unofficial English patch!!
The FADE pirate deterrent system causes the game to become unstable.

Last edited by G.Cronin (2009-06-03 11:39:59)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I'm just pissed that they won't give their goddamn console release date, or give any inclination that it will be for both consoles and not just the SexBox
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast
FADE has been reported to make the motion blur go crazy and rendering your weapon useless by not being able to hit anything due to massive bullet spread.
I think it looks great, but I am waiting for console confirmation because my comp would blow up playing it
henno13
+230|6318|Belfast

M.O.A.B wrote:

I'm just pissed that they won't give their goddamn console release date, or give any inclination that it will be for both consoles and not just the SexBox
This
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY
Screens and vids durrr

Last edited by Noobpatty (2009-06-03 12:34:39)

G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn

Noobpatty wrote:

Screens and vids durrr
A little link at the top of this page says otherwise instead of slowing down the page!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

henno13 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

This
Maybe because it is only for xbox?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
henno13
+230|6318|Belfast

Flecco wrote:

henno13 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

This
We dont know that
/hopes
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6407|Brisbane, Australia
Comes out 9th July here in Aus.

I'll be getting it. I could probably get it off steam, but the amount of times I had to reinstall ArmA1, I'll buy it on disk thx.

I wouldnt bother getting this game until the official english version comes out, as it will come with allot of fixes. And on the note of FADE, the amount of people telling me about the recoil and bullet deviation makes me laugh, if you use the unofficial english fix, and dont know how to use the modfolder method, it will make FADE kick in also.

By watching videos alone, I can tell, ArmA2 is a big improvment over ArmA1.
Mugen
+19|5969

Machine_Madness wrote:

Comes out 9th July here in Aus.

I'll be getting it. I could probably get it off steam, but the amount of times I had to reinstall ArmA1, I'll buy it on disk thx.

I wouldnt bother getting this game until the official english version comes out, as it will come with allot of fixes. And on the note of FADE, the amount of people telling me about the recoil and bullet deviation makes me laugh, if you use the unofficial english fix, and dont know how to use the modfolder method, it will make FADE kick in also.

By watching videos alone, I can tell, ArmA2 is a big improvment over ArmA1.
Apart from the fact that it'll take again half a year/or more to make Arma2 remotely playable as it took with Arma1
G.Cronin
ĆѳŗėFцśюn

Mugen wrote:

Apart from the fact that it'll take again half a year/or more to make Arma2 remotely playable as it took with Arma1
Surely they would have learned their lesson this time and have improved!!
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

henno13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

henno13 wrote:

This
We dont know that
/hopes
If it only is for xbox and PC, deal with it Henno. Xbox Live is more superior than PSN.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

War Man wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

We dont know that
/hopes
If it only is for xbox and PC, deal with it Henno. Xbox Live is more superior than PSN.
You'll need to play MAG over PSN though
Mugen
+19|5969

G.Cronin wrote:

Mugen wrote:

There are so incredibly many issues right now and it's impossible that they'll all be ironed out in a month until the international release. Go figure for yourself then.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

M.O.A.B wrote:

War Man wrote:

henno13 wrote:

We dont know that
/hopes
I don't think the xbox console itself could handle 256 players in one battle.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
gameaddict
+35|6650|let op drempels
Still worth to buy Arma 1 or should i just wait for Arma 2?
henno13
+230|6318|Belfast

M.O.A.B wrote:

War Man wrote:

henno13 wrote:

We dont know that
/hopes
Yeah, it looks great.
It will be my second choice if ARMA doesn't come out for PS3 behind OPF 
And warman's opinion on PSN/Live is respected because he has both

Last edited by henno13 (2009-06-04 00:41:27)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

G.Cronin wrote:

Mugen wrote:

HA! It´s less about learning lessons and more about publishers pressing realease dates. It´s going to be hellishly bugged, rest assured.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard