~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6568|Up a tree
Quite a simple one really.

I can get a 50" plasma for £800. I know they used to have an issue with burning images on to the screen, but they seem to have sorted that problem out now. I have a 40" lcd in the dining room which is fine, but a friend of mine has a 50" lcd and up close you can see the pixels.

So my question is, does anybody know of any reason why not to get it?

I know the power consuption is higher than lcd but i aint too worried about that

thx Rich
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6598|Seattle

Less reflection is the main selling point for LCD's.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6568|Up a tree

King_County_Downy wrote:

Less reflection is the main selling point for LCD's.
you mean normal window or light reflection?

I only really watch movies on tv at night, so the room would be dark
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6598|Seattle

Yeah, if the room is dark you're all set.

I meant like if the sun is shining in, you can't see jack on the TV. You pick up a lot of reflections on the glass front of the plasmas.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6140|New Jersey
I'm pretty sure that plasmas have slower response times than LCDs, so they're not as good for gaming.  Not sure that this really affects movies/TV.
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6568|Up a tree
i thought that, but not acording to this http://www.plasma-lcd-facts.co.uk/myths/
baggs
+732|6205
If a 50" inch plasma Tv can cost £800, it probably isn't worth buying. Compared to a good £800 LCD.

If you want a good plasma, you have to pay good money for it. I assumed you are buying brand new.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6140|New Jersey

~{TPP}~richoxon wrote:

i thought that, but not acording to this http://www.plasma-lcd-facts.co.uk/myths/
I am certainly not an expert, but that website seems suspect.  It says that plasma is better than LCD in every aspect.  If that were really true, I don't think LCD would be dominating the market.  The website is completely biased towards plasma.  But who knows, maybe consumers are just flaming idiots and plasma has been better all along.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard