ATG
Banned
+5,233|6547|Global Command

Ilocano wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

There's this area in L.A. that is predominantly a middle class black neighborhood.  Basically kids in stable families.  Yet, you leave your car outside the garage, you get your wheels jacked.  Likewise with a certain middle-upper class neighborhood in San Diego with rich spoiled asian streets racers.
Doesn't sound very stable middle class if you get your tires jacked.
Yeah, the irony.  Financially stable, but morally unstable.
There is no neighborhoods in L.A. that don't have a ghetto or a barrio within three miles.
CC-Marley
+407|6847

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

I;m assuming they were alloys? Why no locking wheel nuts?
Those do not deter a real thief.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

CC-Marley wrote:

?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CC-Marley
+407|6847
The lugnuts.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6683|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kmarion wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

?
Wtf do you think he does for a living? Works? Pfft.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
CC-Marley
+407|6847
Was just stating that locking lugnuts do not really stop anyone from stealing rims/tires.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6683|NT, like Mick Dundee

Was joking m8.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
CC-Marley
+407|6847
copy
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6472|USA

jaymz9350 wrote:

wensleydale8 wrote:

lol just lol but seriously why didnt they have locking wheel nuts its cheaper than the wheels being stolen.
My first thought would be they have a good chance of not even knowing about them and most people don't think about using them unless they have aftermarket wheels or a highend car, not an Accord.
The accord is a 4 month old car, so essentially brand new. But still, theres a guy with a bmw 6 series 2 doors down and they didn't talk his car.

As far as no other damage, think about that for a minute. They took all 4 tires off the car. They left it sitting on the ground. The bottom of the car is damaged, it is in the shop being repaired, and the driveway has a hole in it.

On this street there are so many other cars that could've been robbed, so IDK why they robbed a honda... theres a bunch of audis, a jaguar, a 6 series bmw, a bunch of other accords which didn't get robbed and more. =/

as for locking lug nuts, idk why they didn't have them but they really should've.

currently they have a loaner car... a 2007 civic lx. such a crappy car :X

Last edited by elite.mafia (2009-06-02 19:28:28)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6518|so randum
probably because honda alloys are common enough to sell without questions, and the tyres will be usable on lots of other cars.

unlike say a BMW which may have model spec tyres.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6619|132 and Bush

elite.mafia wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

wensleydale8 wrote:

lol just lol but seriously why didnt they have locking wheel nuts its cheaper than the wheels being stolen.
My first thought would be they have a good chance of not even knowing about them and most people don't think about using them unless they have aftermarket wheels or a highend car, not an Accord.
The accord is a 4 month old car, so essentially brand new. But still, theres a guy with a bmw 6 series 2 doors down and they didn't talk his car.

As far as no other damage, think about that for a minute. They took all 4 tires off the car. They left it sitting on the ground. The bottom of the car is damaged, it is in the shop being repaired, and the driveway has a hole in it.

On this street there are so many other cars that could've been robbed, so IDK why they robbed a honda... theres a bunch of audis, a jaguar, a 6 series bmw, a bunch of other accords which didn't get robbed and more. =/

as for locking lug nuts, idk why they didn't have them but they really should've.

currently they have a loaner car... a 2007 civic lx. such a crappy car :X
As far as I know Accords and other mainstream popular cars have always been a prime targets. Since they are so popular it's easier to move the merchandise. That is what the cops told us when my sister's was stolen out of our driveway years ago.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
bf2gammer
+14|6239

mtb0minime wrote:

I would feel extremely fortunate that that's all they stole and that the losses were only $500.
The loss wasnt $500. To file an insurance claim you need to pay a deposit. The $500 is most likely the deposit.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6827|Marathon, Florida Keys
i know a kid who got his $3500 24" chrome rims stolen from him, then saw the guy who stole them driving down the road with his rims on his truck. he followed him for 15 miles and beat the shit out of him in his front yard and made him take them off and give them back or he was calling the police because he had filed a burglary report with the cops.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6673

bf2gammer wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

I would feel extremely fortunate that that's all they stole and that the losses were only $500.
The loss wasnt $500. To file an insurance claim you need to pay a deposit. The $500 is most likely the deposit.
That's what I mean, they only had to pay $500 out-of-pocket while insurance covered the rest.
trippy982
+34|6416
milk crates can hold up a car?
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6691|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I hate cunts who theive, I had £3k of stereo etc ripped out my Celica almost 10 years ago now.  Why can't people just accept they can't have what others have rightfully earned.

Condolonces to ya Grandparents, they must look on the kids today and think 'WTF gone wrong'?  They probably grew up in an era where doors were left open etc
GateKeeper{NL}
+142|6387
Car robbing is dying in the UK.
So why don't take only the wheels?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6410|Southern California

jaymz9350 wrote:

wensleydale8 wrote:

Accords are high on the car theft list.

It doesn't matter where you live, shit happens all around... In reality there is no safe, only safer.

In all honestly your often much more at risk with a common/cheap car then something really high end. The more people that own the car the more people out there buying used shit for it. Steal bugatti parts, and have fun trying to find some one who has the car, and is not worried about where parts for it are coming from. Steal shit off a 97 accord and you have a never ending list of broke ass people looking for cheap parts for their broken down car.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6646|IRELAND

4x£5 locknuts=win.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya
Off topic: This happened to me as a joke by mates. (Made them put them all back on )

On Topic: thats low, but seriously, wouldn't you just take the car then do a chop-shop job.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5612|Dublin, Ireland
Was me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard