M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Flecco wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

China is going to tug the leash.
And whack the nose with a rolled up paper.
I read recently that Russia has started mobilising forces to the Vladivostok region. Just in case.
If the North does decide it wants fisticuffs, its going to get ploughed big time, like Bubba big time.
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK
The North have no friends atm so they're fucking if they step one toe out of line
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kptk92 wrote:

The North have no friends atm so they're fucking if they step one toe out of line
Man being an international pariah can't be easy. I mean even the other communists don't like them.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK

Flecco wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Man being an international pariah can't be easy. I mean even the other communists don't like them.
Fucking ? lol I meant fucked w/e
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Kptk92 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

I know what you meant. Just saying.

Everybody slams them but imagine being Kim, the whole world hates his government, he's scared shitless his people will overthrow him and his economy is totally and royally fucked.

Of course he's gonna want the biggest guns he can get.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Flecco wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

I know what you meant. Just saying.

Everybody slams them but imagine being Kim, the whole world hates his government, he's scared shitless his people will overthrow him and his economy is totally and royally fucked.

Of course he's gonna want the biggest guns he can get.
You know I am actually really surprised he didn't import them, he imports everything else he owns.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
Now North Korea's threatening our and South Korea's warships.

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about that. On one hand, I'd like nothing more than to see Kim Jong Il's tireless regime wiped out in a matter of days/weeks. The minute he has one of our ships fired on is the minute he's made the worst strategic move in his life. On the other hand, 3 wars at one time would put a massive strain on our military and would distract us even further from completing the job in Afghanistan (if it's even possible at this point). Plus, war with a nation with nukes is never good. Especially one with a leader such as Kim Jong Il. Seoul would probably cease to exist.

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

way to answer little boy... sad
wait till you get out in the world... then you will realize you don't know as much as you think.
Hahaha.

Ad... hominem attacks... huh? Wow, way... to argue.... there! Loving ...the irony... however. Again, every single one of your posts have always consisted of the same damn thing when it concerns Obama. You're a broken record. Wait until I get into the real world? Fucking , what the hell does that have to do with world politics? I'm pretty sure in the "real world", countries with nuclear weapons don't get invaded because they've done something to piss off a bigger country with nuclear weapons. It's M.A.D. to a lesser extent.

Perhaps it's you that needs the reality check. I'd like nothing more than to see Kim Jong Il taken out, but the reprecussions for doing so would be extremely heavy.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-05-27 15:40:12)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
I give it one year before NK is a wasteland.

Sadly, the loss of civilian life will be very high.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FatherTed wrote:

I give it one year before NK is a wasteland.

Sadly, the loss of civilian life will be very high.
That's what I'm saying. The repercussions are too high to just invade like we did with Iraq. The only, and I mean ONLY way I could justify an attack on North Korea would be if they attacked one of our warships/attacked us or one of our allies in general.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-05-27 15:30:27)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
Yep.

They're blatantly hostile - and not just to the US (Japan much?)

Sadly the populace is so indoctrinated (from what i've read) that a land invasion would be a bloodbath.

Air force would be crucial, along with offshore bombardment. God forbid they use a nuke...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5610|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
https://www.imao.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/strong-words.jpg
This is all that will happen.
courtesy of IMAO.us
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6489|Menlo Park, CA
As long as Kim Jong Il is running the show over there, diplomacy is without reach. . .

This man is nuts!! Just like whats going on over in Iran, the leaders unless changed will continue to be dangerous.  I dont think diplomacy or sanctions have worked, its obvious they havent.  The UN is snubbed on a daily basis due to the fact that these rogue nations KNOW the UN is completely and utterly useless/ineffective.  Its sad really. . . .  Whats going on I'm afraid is a precurser to all out war.  North Korea deserves to be bombed and so does Iran.  But the problem is we cant get enough nations to threathen them with force to really make that threat viable.  We cant go at a bombing campaign alone and we certainly cant invade both countries at the same time.  I think at this point North Korea is the bigger threat due to the fact they ACTUALLY have and are testing viable nukes.  Iran is in the rapid process, but from what the Israeli's say, they are just about 3 years away.   

The world needs to truely unite and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Whats going on is bullshit and needs to be checked! Obama and the rest of the world need to get their thumb firmly outta their ass and tell these pricks to go fuck themselves PERIOD! OR this crap will keep continuing and eventually end in all out war . . . .  Sanctions aint workin', UN comdemnation doesnt do shit! Threaten them with force and see their little assholes pucker up!
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6715
If it's up to Obama, he will do nothing. Hopefully China or Japan step up....?
either way, Kim jong il  is out of his gord.
Love is the answer
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

https://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0703/chinese_military0305.jpg

Its about time China used that absurdly large military of theirs..
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6170|New Austin, Not
I would love to see what China can do militarily to NK

And here's a paper on North Korean capabilities. I fear for the amount of civilian casualties in the south (especially Seoul) will be catastrophic. Any armed force involved should expect the North to use it's Bio-chem weapons as well...

http://www.rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5610|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

FatherTed wrote:

Yep.

Sadly the populace is so indoctrinated (from what i've read) that a land invasion would be a bloodbath.

Air force would be crucial, along with offshore bombardment. God forbid they use a nuke...
We need to Recomission the battleships, those things can pwn NK pretty well.

Wikipedia wrote:

USS NJ(1982)
9 x 16 in (406 mm) 50 cal. Mark 7 guns
12 × 5 in (127 mm) 38 cal. Mark 12 guns
32 x BGM-109 Tomahawk cruise missiles
16 x RGM-84 Harpoon Anti-Ship missiles
4 x 20 mm/76 cal. Phalanx CIWS
I think that could do some serious damage.

Last edited by nickb64 (2009-05-27 18:55:17)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I was reading this very interesting book about the next 100 years and what one man projects them to be like. He said he expects the US to remain the world's biggest superpower with one reason being the heaviest - naval power. I think he said our Navy is more powerful than the next 5 countries naval forces down combined? Something like that.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd really like to see what our modern Navy could do in a full scale war...they've never really been tested too harshly with the enemies we're facing in our current wars.
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5573|The Wild West
https://images.tdaxp.com/tdaxp_upload/north_korean_army_babes_md.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

Flecco wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

What good does this do them?

They're just looking to provoke. As usual.
Actually it works quite well as a deterrent.

See I don't think any UN/NATO/ANZUS coalition would invade a country that could drop a nuke on a neighbor.
good point, if he has a NUKE, US certainly wont attack and if US wont attack doubt any other countries will. NK knows US is struggling now so thats why they have so much leverage but yeah they wont get into a war US wont at least too much at stake we have tooooo many troops at sooo many different places around the world.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6547|San Diego, CA, USA

Spark wrote:

Oh yeah, of course - assuming equatorial launch, that is. If you're at the pole, it's pretty obvious what the net gain is - zero.

That's why all the space launch centres are in Florida... I'm pretty sure that's the main reason anyway. Weather, maybe also a factor?

Whether it has any strategic impact matters as much on luck as anything, since I can't see it shortening (or lengthening) flight time by more than a minute.
I never understood why they didn't launch from Hawaii.  The Big Island of Hawaii is closer to the equator.  But I figure Florida is much easier access for materials, all the engineers, etc...than an Island 2,500 miles away from the mainland.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya

Rohirm wrote:

I would love to see what China can do militarily to NK

And here's a paper on North Korean capabilities. I fear for the amount of civilian casualties in the south (especially Seoul) will be catastrophic. Any armed force involved should expect the North to use it's Bio-chem weapons as well...

http://www.rense.com/general37/nkorr.htm
lol that article is a fair bit of bollocks. example: at the end it says that "people says that NK has a large army but that its equipment is outdated and is therefore a weak army, But the US was defeated in Vietnam by people with outdated equipment blah blah" That's ridiculous because the entire articles talk about how NK would engage in "total war". Vietnam was generally not "total war" it was an extremely successful guerrilla operation, combined with the use of some conventional forces.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6594|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

nickb64 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Yep.

We need to Recomission the battleships, those things can pwn NK pretty well.

Wikipedia wrote:

USS NJ(1982)
9 x 16 in (406 mm) 50 cal. Mark 7 guns
12 × 5 in (127 mm) 38 cal. Mark 12 guns
32 x BGM-109 Tomahawk cruise missiles
16 x RGM-84 Harpoon Anti-Ship missiles
4 x 20 mm/76 cal. Phalanx CIWS
I think that could do some serious damage.
Recomissioning the iowa class battleships would not be a good idea on our part. Not only are they massive (890 feet long and 108 feet at the beam and weighing in at 50,000+ tons) they are also incredibly expensive to refit and maintain (they are well over 60 years old) since they do not run on nuclear power they would have to be resupplied fuel at sea which is another logistical problem. The Anti-Ship missiles used by the NK would wipe out an Iowa class battleship in one shot (if it got through the missile defense system, which does not have a 100% success rate). Consider also that the majority of the NK navy are fast and agile ships, tracking them with the 5" guns of the iowa would be a huge problem, let alone the massive 16" sluggers. even for shore landings (considering you can find some proper shore to land on) the Iowas would be a poor choice because of the anti ship missiles, shore batteries, submarines etc etc. sinking one of these massive ships would be a huge blow to our national pride and our morale.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

I'm going to be honest and say that if China, Japan, Russia and the US are all allies in this conflict, it's a good thing.

The amount of cold war sentiment that still exists to this day needs to be done away with.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

AussieReaper wrote:

I'm going to be honest and say that if China, Japan, Russia and the US are all allies in this conflict, it's a good thing.
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/CAPTAINOBVIOUS.png

Sorry, had to!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard