Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

In most games, i will kill the top medic in the game a lot of times, fair enough I get the kills, but he finishes the round with 0 deaths, yet he died lots and everyone prob thinks hes a legend
Its annoying because its almost comparable to TF2 if someones standing next to a supply box and shooting out at people, your almost invincible, you end up with a lot of kills and hardly any deaths, and next to no skill is involved compared to the amount of skill other players put in and end up with a few kills and lots of deaths
Moving and shooring requires more skill than stending next to supply box. And you are not invincible, one well placed grenade or hs and you are down (and if you play on your own, that means you are dead - regular public medics suck and never revive intime). I agree on one point - medpacks shouldn't be instant heal, they should slowly restore your health, like in BF2142.

And please, for the love of god, no more "medic gets the most points" - you still don't get it? Noone here fucking cares about points, this game is 4 year old.
L.Sammy
+5|5608|Ireland
Sure with the amount of hacked stats and shit, what good is the points system. Most of the top players on the ea list are prob hacked.

As for medic,"which i play alot of" it is 1 of the most important kits in the game. Every squad leader should be a medic. Buy i agree that insta  heal should be changed. But then people could argue that so should ammo pickup.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5837|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I have never cared about points or ranks or anything like that, I dont judge people by looking at their stats because I know they mean nothing
I was just saying you are basically invincible to other players, not completely obviously and that K/D ratio matters, and that a medic could get a K/D of 100-0 in a round even if he died 50 times, I mentioned that because I was just trying to give you my opinion on how much better the medic kit is in every way compared to other kits so I think it should be balanced somehow, I mentioned giving them worse guns and you said I was crying and would say give them a pistol with 1 mag, I was only saying ideas on how to make it more balanced, its not because im a sniper only or because i cry if I get killed by a medic, the kit just clearly is unbalanced and I think it would be good to see other kits used more in I/O to make the game more interesting
Longbow

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I have never cared about points or ranks or anything like that, I dont judge people by looking at their stats because I know they mean nothing
I was just saying you are basically invincible to other players, not completely obviously and that K/D ratio matters, and that a medic could get a K/D of 100-0 in a round even if he died 50 times, I mentioned that because I was just trying to give you my opinion on how much better the medic kit is in every way compared to other kits so I think it should be balanced somehow, I mentioned giving them worse guns and you said I was crying and would say give them a pistol with 1 mag, I was only saying ideas on how to make it more balanced, its not because im a sniper only or because i cry if I get killed by a medic, the kit just clearly is unbalanced and I think it would be good to see other kits used more in I/O to make the game more interesting
I personally think that specops and assault are more effective at killing enemies, but both require medic in the same squad with them. Whenever I play with my mates I go either assault or specops, and trust me, I do enjoy playing assault more than medic. But when you play on your own and do not expect any teamplay from usual public retards - medic is your only option to keep kdr at certain level.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia

Longbow wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Stuff
I personally think that specops and assault are more effective at killing enemies, but both require medic in the same squad with them. Whenever I play with my mates I go either assault or specops, and trust me, I do enjoy playing assault more than medic. But when you play on your own and do not expect any teamplay from usual public retards - medic is your only option to keep kdr at certain level.
Spec-ops more effective at killing enemies then medic? Are we playing the same game? I admit that i like playing the spec-ops kit far more then i like playing medic but there is no way that they are more effective at killing people. The only thing they give you is the versatility to take down tanks and the like whilst still being effective against inf.

Assault is just awesome though as you have the tube, the armour and some sweet rifles (except the unlocks, assault unlocks are balls compared to stock).
Longbow

Rod Foxx wrote:

Spec-ops more effective at killing enemies then medic? Are we playing the same game? I admit that i like playing the spec-ops kit far more then i like playing medic but there is no way that they are more effective at killing people. The only thing they give you is the versatility to take down tanks and the like whilst still being effective against inf.
If you fail at shooting carbines theres nothing I can do with that my friend

M4A1 > M16A2, anyday. Full auto + Aimpoint are just awesome.

p/s I always score more kills when playing specops or assault. As do most of my friends. That still doesn't say anything to you?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
But medics get the same stock rifles lol.

just give them SMG's, still lethal at close range.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Longbow

FatherTed wrote:

But medics get the same stock rifles lol.

just give them SMG's, still lethal at close range.
I think the main point of class balance in BF2 was that both medics and assaults get same assault rifle, the only difference is that assault gets UGL with it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

which has been nerfed to hell
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Longbow

FatherTed wrote:

It is still usable, if you aim properly
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5804|Australia

FatherTed wrote:

Its still incredibly powerful in the right hands, ive seen people shoot from suburb cliff to square side spawn with success.

Its balanced though, they got that right.

Medics getting SMGs would be just stupid, M4s/QBZs/74u's would be good.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6530
If you guys didnt know, the most accurate gun in the game is the specops M4, every kit has its advantages:
Snipers-
Claymores and a SNIPER RIFLE which puts people down to 2 bars of health without a headshot, this is the reason medics NEED to heal themselves ffs, just because you cant hit a headshot cus your so dire doesnt mean medics should be nerfed, sometimes it takes 20+ bullets with a medic to kill one of you proning snipers. so stop crying about medics, its balanced against all kits because it does NOT have the most powerful weapons.

Spec ops-- C4 and it has the most accurate guns in the game, cant be detected by scan?.....

Assault- have bloody body armour and smoke, and the same gun as medics AND a GL to kill the medics reviving???!?!?!?

Support Has loads of body armour, nearly impossible to kill with less than 10 bullets normally, has UNLIMITED AMMO(NERF THIS THEN??!?!) has guns with 200+ ammo before a reload?!!? Can kill 8+ people by going prone in an alley????!?

Medics Have no armour(easy to kill), there is a delay on the heal already if you are just placing a med pack, (like 3 secs), you can only revive a certain number of people in a short space of time(bugged game)

Seriously, you are all talking shit, everything is balanced in one way or another. Just go find a sniper only server and stop crying

AND WHAT ABOUT ALL THE GUYS WITH LOW HP ASKING TO BE HEALED OR REVIVED???!? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A SQUAD IS ON A FLAG AND NEEDS TO REVIVE QUICKLY AND GIVE HEALTH OUT QUICKLY TO YOU SNIPERS???

hypocrites....

/rant

Last edited by Mr.E (2009-05-26 05:10:15)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6256|eng

Mr.E wrote:

If you guys didnt know, the most accurate gun in the game is the specops M4, every kit has its advantages:
Snipers-
Claymores and a SNIPER RIFLE which puts people down to 2 bars of health without a headshot, this is the reason medics NEED to heal themselves ffs, just because you cant hit a headshot cus your so dire doesnt mean medics should be nerfed, sometimes it takes 20+ bullets with a medic to kill one of you proning snipers. so stop crying about medics, its balanced against all kits because it does NOT have the most powerful weapons.

Spec ops-- C4 and it has the most accurate guns in the game, cant be detected by scan?.....

Assault- have bloody body armour and smoke, and the same gun as medics AND a GL to kill the medics reviving???!?!?!?

Support Has loads of body armour, nearly impossible to kill with less than 10 bullets normally, has UNLIMITED AMMO(NERF THIS THEN??!?!) has guns with 200+ ammo before a reload?!!? Can kill 8+ people by going prone in an alley????!?

Medics Have no armour(easy to kill), there is a delay on the heal already if you are just placing a med pack, (like 3 secs), you can only revive a certain number of people in a short space of time(bugged game)

Seriously, you are all talking shit, everything is balanced in one way or another. Just go find a sniper only server and stop crying

AND WHAT ABOUT ALL THE GUYS WITH LOW HP ASKING TO BE HEALED OR REVIVED???!? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A SQUAD IS ON A FLAG AND NEEDS TO REVIVE QUICKLY AND GIVE HEALTH OUT QUICKLY TO YOU SNIPERS???

hypocrites....

/rant
Your points are valid but you put them across so badly
#rekt
H3RB4L ABU53
lol you almost make other kits sounds equal to the medic, but theyre not, you make it sound like you can kill all the medics with a GL, just like that, all the time, make it sound like you can hardly ever kill support its not like that at all yes you could sit in an alley as support and get a few kills if enemies are standing together, but not all the time, dont forget medics are good all the time in pretty much every situation
If medics are just as equal to every other kit in the game, then why does everyone play medic almost like its compulsory?

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-05-26 07:40:51)

Longbow

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

If medics are just as equal to every other kit in the game, then why does everyone play medic almost like its compulsory?
Because unlike CoD theres no auto health restoration in BF? And you barely get any help from random teammates?
L.Sammy
+5|5608|Ireland

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

lol you almost make other kits sounds equal to the medic, but theyre not, you make it sound like you can kill all the medics with a GL, just like that, all the time,
I know 2 guys in my clan, that only use GL. And god help anyone that they see, boom every time.

Medic is a great kit, but like every kit, if you are shit at the game, NO KIT IS ANYGOOD.
H3RB4L ABU53
The whole point of this is to see what changes people wnt to medic, I'm saying the good points about medic, its clearly not equal to other kits, the fact that you can heal yourself alone is godlike compared to anything else, even if you ony had a pistol you could survive a long time with the medic packs and still get some kills too so I said if they had a worse main gun and other things it would make it fair but no one seems to agree with me, I give up
All I am saying is- yes other kits have good points, but overall they have nothing compared to what medic has, so why not take something away from medic or reduce something to make it more even? Or doesnt that make any sense at all
And of course if you "only" used the GL you would get good at it, same with peple who use eryx, seing as public games dont count and everyone seems to talk about playing super pros only, I would like to see someone GL medics to death consistently, then I would believe you, even twice in a row would be enough for me

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-05-26 08:48:09)

BL4CKL10N
+66|6252

AussieReaper wrote:

BL4CKL10N wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

You can't heal yourself.
No.
No?

All I ever do when you play medic is:

whore the g36e and if you get wounded hide behind a building or whatever the fuck is available and throw down a medic bag to heal yourself.
Then change your style of play or just live with it. Or you could read what I've actually suggested in my last post.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

I play medic only because they are the only class to actually help the team at all in IO. I would not want the guns to be nerfed to see more kits on pub servers, that would be horrible and result in even less teamwork. Less nades, revive/heal bugs fixed and buff to M16 + nerf to Skill36E is what medic needs.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-05-26 09:02:52)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Longbow

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

The whole point of this is to see what changes people wnt to medic, I'm saying the good points about medic, its clearly not equal to other kits, the fact that you can heal yourself alone is godlike compared to anything else, even if you ony had a pistol you could survive a long time with the medic packs and still get some kills too so I said if they had a worse main gun and other things it would make it fair but no one seems to agree with me, I give up
All I am saying is- yes other kits have good points, but overall they have nothing compared to what medic has, so why not take something away from medic or reduce something to make it more even? Or doesnt that make any sense at all
And of course if you "only" used the GL you would get good at it, same with peple who use eryx, seing as public games dont count and everyone seems to talk about playing super pros only, I would like to see someone GL medics to death consistently, then I would believe you, even twice in a row would be enough for me
Anti-tank        08:49:23      232            385             0.6026
Assault       67:11:39     2,917      2,236            1.3046
Engineer       02:09:17     60           53            1.1321
Medic       29:45:07     1,324      524            2.5267
Special-Ops 33:11:30     1,059      958            1.1054
Support       37:33:33     1,850      1,371            1.3494
Sniper       828:18:44     33,650     17,243       1.9515

Playing sniper too much huh? And you still say you do not get owned by medics? With kdr 1.95 on your favourite kit? Come back with your 'overpowered medics' crap when your sniper kdr will be atleast 4-5. I agree on one point - instant heal from medpacks should be fixed. All other parts of medic kit, including his assault rifle, should stay as it is (maybe a little bit more deviation for G36, but noobs will whine for sure)
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5471| - | - | - | - | - |
Over 800 hours sniping and still complains about medics.
H3RB4L ABU53
but stats dont mean anything though, this is the only account ive had and for 80-90% of that time ive been learning, my k/d is a lot better now I get about 80-10 on avergae, I dont get owned by medics? I get called a hacker in most games I play its nothing to do with crying about medics, Im happy playing as sniper I just think its stupid everyone running around as medic because thats all the game seems to be, medics running round reviving jumping about and lobbing grenades, what isnt there to understand about what I said?
I keep repeating myself but medics can revive heal get grenades get the best assualt rifles get a knife and pistol as well, they get everything, thats why usually they get the most points, the most kills, and the least deaths, surely that isnt fair to most other kits for the people who dont just want to be "another medic" like |I said as assault is meant to be the attacking kit, it should have the best guns, not the medic, because medic has enough already, whats my  k/d got to do with it? I thought everyone said stats dont mean shit now all of a sudden they do? lol
The reason I'm saying this is not because im crying like i said, where im repeating myself cos no one seems to understand makes it seem like im crying but what i originally said is that medics should be a healing and reviving kit, not a healing reviving and the best guns kit, it makes most other kits pointless, maybe i am the only one that thinks this but i think it would be better having lots of different kits running around rather than medics all the time I could choose medic kit and do the same as everyone else but like i said it makes me feel like a massive noob knowing that i cant really die and the guns are almost perfect whch is why i play sniper cos its different its all about aim and learning how not to die
I know its a different game but think of how balanced TF2 is with the kits, the medic gets a shit gun but people still play it cos they want to help the team, then theres other kits for attacking, thats how it should be in my opinion, cant really say much else
Rock Lobstah
+3|5455
To me, it's the reviving that makes them overpowered (not to ignore the ridiculous insta-healing medpacks, though). You can confront a 5 man squad of medics and kill 4 of them, but so what? 1 is still alive and he's gonna revive the 4 others. It's like fighting the Lernaean Hydra: You chop one head off and another grows back to take its place. People wonder why I advocated for no change to grenades earlier, well that's why, the grenades help cauterize those 'chopped off heads' from growing back.

On a side note, medics are perfectly fine on vehicle maps, but in IO they're definitely the most effective class. All the more testament to how much IO shook up BF2's foundation.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

No one plays medic on random pubs in TF2
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

Mint Sauce wrote:

Mr.E wrote:

Snipers-

hypocrites....

/rant
Your points are valid but you put them across so badly
Not really as most of them reek with opinion and are mostly factually wrong.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard