Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine
Can someone who have an account of official EA forums (I'm too lazy to make one) ask for extra smoke grenade for assault? One is a joke imo.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5866|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Hakei wrote:

On most air maps there are 6 AA's situated around the map, only two aircraft. If you want to kill an enemy chopper get in a friendly chopper and TV it. Jet's missiles shouldn't hit choppers - they should be used on enemy jets. I see it too many times when an enemy MiG takes 5 sweeps at us in the AH and both F35 pilots are doing nothing about it.

Believe it or not, choppers don't just hover near enemy AA's and wait for someone to get in them to kill, generally I'm trying to TV enemy tanks/choppers/jets to help my team get flags, I've spend hours perfecting TVs and I don't expect a game mechanic such as the randomness of AA to simply kill us.

Too many people who say AA is underpowered simply don't know how to use it because you've never been in an air vehicle long enough to work out what's hard to counter kill. Also; nothing annoys me more than being in a dogfight with an enemy jet and some fucking random who's spent the whole round on an AA to fire both his missiles at me and kill me. That shows no skill or ability what so ever.
But AA is AA there isnt much they can do to make it so you have to be skilled to use it other than press left click, or they could just remove it but that wouldnt be good at all. I know what you mean a lot of people who dont fly will say its underpowered because they cant do anything but play infantry and go ballistic because they get constantly owned by jets or choppers but at least they try and it keeps them happy for a while lol i dont see why more people dont get an urge to want to learn to fly, at first I was really bad but I kept seeing jets taking over the map so it really made me want to learn to fly
The reason I say about people learning to fly is because in a lot of games there are jets just sitting there waiting to be used while a whole team goes infantry or in cars and stuff

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-05-25 06:44:00)

Laika
+75|5943
Anybody saying chopper flares are overpowered clearly hasn't spent enough time whoring choppers. Even with a perfectly timed flare release, AA missiles of all kinds will still hit a chopper about half the time, regardless of that chopper's evasive actions.
H3RB4L ABU53
I would say a squad of people using M95 and PKM or .50 mounted guns would scare a chopper away a lot quicker than AA, it scares me more even tho I hardly ever go in chopper, I hate it when someones sitting in a FAV takes your armour down so quick
Laika
+75|5943
PKMs do barely any damage to choppers; it takes about three full clips from a PKM to bring one down from full health. It would be cool if they did though.
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine

Ataronchronon wrote:

PKMs do barely any damage to choppers; it takes about three full clips from a PKM to bring one down from full health. It would be cool if they did though.
well sustained fire from 2-3 PKMs may be quite painfull.
H3RB4L ABU53
I know it would take ages for a PKM or M95 to blow up a chopper but I was just saying if you had a squad of people with those guns it wouldnt take long to scare a chopper off of a flag or somewhere
san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

i dont see why more people dont get an urge to want to learn to fly, at first I was really bad but I kept seeing jets taking over the map so it really made me want to learn to fly
That is exactly why I learned to fly. Some bastard in the bomber on Daqing was killing me every time I got into a vehicle so I spent the rest of the round going from flag to flag on foot, the whole time swearing someday I was going to be the bastard in the bomber.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

On most air maps there are 6 AA's situated around the map, only two aircraft. If you want to kill an enemy chopper get in a friendly chopper and TV it. Jet's missiles shouldn't hit choppers - they should be used on enemy jets. I see it too many times when an enemy MiG takes 5 sweeps at us in the AH and both F35 pilots are doing nothing about it.

Believe it or not, choppers don't just hover near enemy AA's and wait for someone to get in them to kill, generally I'm trying to TV enemy tanks/choppers/jets to help my team get flags, I've spend hours perfecting TVs and I don't expect a game mechanic such as the randomness of AA to simply kill us.

Too many people who say AA is underpowered simply don't know how to use it because you've never been in an air vehicle long enough to work out what's hard to counter kill. Also; nothing annoys me more than being in a dogfight with an enemy jet and some fucking random who's spent the whole round on an AA to fire both his missiles at me and kill me. That shows no skill or ability what so ever.
But AA is AA there isnt much they can do to make it so you have to be skilled to use it other than press left click, or they could just remove it but that wouldnt be good at all. I know what you mean a lot of people who dont fly will say its underpowered because they cant do anything but play infantry and go ballistic because they get constantly owned by jets or choppers but at least they try and it keeps them happy for a while lol i dont see why more people dont get an urge to want to learn to fly, at first I was really bad but I kept seeing jets taking over the map so it really made me want to learn to fly
The reason I say about people learning to fly is because in a lot of games there are jets just sitting there waiting to be used while a whole team goes infantry or in cars and stuff
They haven't made it a powerful weapon because there is no need for it to be, there's a lot of them. What's next? We need to increase the damage of a .50 cal to a jet because it isn't strong enough, well tough - work with what you're given and use the correct tool for the job.
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5833|Australia
i don't see the fun in flying when infantry - something you don't need to wait around for, and which imo takes a BIT more skill and reflexes - is rightly avaliable.

obviously on 22 or 32 inf servers, none of that 64p karkand shit.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Nothing wrong with Mobile AA missiles (just remove seat switching lock drops).  If it had aircraft radar like the planes have vehicle radar, it would be an awesome vehicle.  And hand-held stingers would keep choppers in check just fine.

Last edited by Ilocano (2009-05-26 11:39:02)

twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6206
they might aswell delete snipers as they have pretty much got rid of claymores.

and they can fix as much as they want but i bet PB wont fix their patches and hence people will get kicked for no reason yet again.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6131|Scotland!

twoblacklines wrote:

and they can fix as much as they want but i bet PB wont fix their patches and hence people will get kicked for no reason yet again.
spot the bad sniper
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

I'm Jamesey wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

spot the bad sniper
.  I'd replace all my claymores for a double load of ammo anyday.
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5466|Qld, Australia

Ilocano wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

twoblacklines wrote:

spot the bad sniper
.  I'd replace all my claymores for a double load of ammo anyday.
I Second that, claymores and pretty useless, replace with DOUBLE AMMO!
Laika
+75|5943
It'd be cool if the PKM did reasonable damage to choppers.
Blank_The_Bogan
MEDIC!
+19|5466|Qld, Australia

Ataronchronon wrote:

The PKM is just underpowerd as is it , but i really care i dont use it
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5833|Australia

Ataronchronon wrote:

aye
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Lai
+186|6150
I once shot down an F35 in mid flight with a Type95 LMG, it was epic, but I have never been able to reproduce that.
H3RB4L ABU53

Lai wrote:

I once shot down an F35 in mid flight with a Type95 LMG, it was epic, but I have never been able to reproduce that.
I shot a J-10 down flying past the carrier on dragon valley with a L85
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Lai wrote:

it must have been badly damaged before you started shooting at it
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

I have shot many jets and choppas with M16.

EDIT: From full health

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-05-27 07:08:56)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6641|can

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I have shot many jets and choppas with M16.

EDIT: From full health
And medpacks, too.
H3RB4L ABU53

.Sup wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Lai wrote:

it must have been badly damaged before you started shooting at it
Yes it was smoking obviously lol
L.Sammy
+5|5637|Ireland
I pistoled a chopper, and when it crashed i got the kill, same with a jet.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard