FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
ty if you don't shoot it i'll shoot you.

and it wont be unsilenced

and it wont be with a gun so to speak.

you've been warned.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6134|Scotland!
don't get the razer tarantula
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Get something wipe proof so that next time you ejaculate on it you don't fuck it up and recreate threads which there are already hundreds of.

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

max wrote:

Just pick up a cheapo logitech one
Get 5 or 6 of them and then cleaning isn't an issue.

It's all about cheap keyboards. I've never spent more than £5 on a keyboard.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6651

Where do you get 5 quid keyboards from? My Logitech cost me like 30 euros, and it's fairly low end.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

ghettoperson wrote:

Where do you get 5 quid keyboards from? My Logitech cost me like 30 euros, and it's fairly low end.
Here's one

I paid £3.20 for my Logitech Deluxe 250 - which is absolutely fine. They're about £6 on Scan now.
13rin
+977|6481

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I don't understand the hype behind this thing.  I had one.  It failed.  They market it for a battledock light (which doesn't exist).  Eclipse II FTW.

Or this guy.

http://store.artlebedev.com/computer_ad … s-maximus/
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Here's one

I paid £3.20 for my Logitech Deluxe 250 - which is absolutely fine. They're about £6 on Scan now.
Decent media keys are worth a 20-30 euro keyboard as far as I'm concerned

As long as nobody recommends a G11 or G15. Overpriced, ugly, gimmicky.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

Lucien wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Here's one

it is ugly but has lots of features and not overpriced imo infact I'd say its one of the most fair priced gaming keyboards on the market
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655

.Sup wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Here's one

it is ugly but has lots of features and not overpriced imo infact I'd say its one of the most fair priced gaming keyboards on the market
Media keys are worse than on my €25 keyboard
Features? let's list em
Screen - it displays almost entirely useless information (I get to see my score in TF2! gee, if only my cheap keyboard had keys that I could bind the scoreboard to.) superior screenless alternatives exist. In my opinion extremely distracting when lit up, but to use it you then need to turn it back on again.
G keys - A handful of games I don't play might use them. For the rest it just lets you be slightly lazier.
A SWITCH TO TURN OFF THE WINDOWS KEY OH FUCK
backlit keys - it's like I really have a monitor shining on my keyboard!

2 months back my old keyboard broke and I had money to burn so I bought a G15. I bought it back two days later and got a standard logitech keyboard instead. Couldn't be happier
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5502| - | - | - | - | - |

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

You can't remove the keys on the Lycosa.
Funny because I just did yesterday and then again 5 minutes ago.
Wallpaper
+303|5996|The pool
Saitek Eclipse if you dont care about media keys, if you do care about them, get the Eclipse II
Defiance
+438|6673

The first step to solving any problem is getting really fucking pissed off.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA
Steel series!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

I broke a ms keyboard over my knee once. True story. I've had some bad luck with them. They never seem to last long.. knee pwnage aside.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

.:i7|Batman wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

You can't remove the keys on the Lycosa.
Funny because I just did yesterday and then again 5 minutes ago.
Standard or Mirror edition? Mates one broke when he tried it on his Mirror. Either way its still not as good as the Tarantula.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6759|06-01
get the *ahem* apple wireless KB.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

tthf wrote:

get the *ahem* apple wireless KB.
The Apple Wireless (Bluetooth) Keyboard is shite.

It's far too small for a start. The keys have no proper tactile response. It's highly unreliable. It doesn't even have a numpad. It's like a horrible laptop keyboard.

Also it's obscenely expensive for no good reason.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-05-19 04:57:26)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

Lucien wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Here's one

I have those keys on my wireless mouse. Logitech mediaplay thingy (which I recommend - cheap, long battery life, good range, lots of features). That was only £7.

The only thing worth splashing out a bit on is a gaming mouse.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

Despite being a Tarantula owner (I payed the full £80 when it was first out) I'm inclined to agree that cheaper keyboards are fine, while the macros and whatnot are handy for some things, they aren't REALLY worth paying the extra for if I'm honest, I bought my Tara simply for the bling value, I didn't miss the cash and it looks awesome so it's all good, plus it's built like a tank so I'm never going to break it. 

I used a Media Elite before that (my other suggestion) it's an extremely well made keyboard, nice and solid, good keys, the print on the keys doesn't wear off which is annoyingly common on black keyboards, does look a tad bland tho, I still have mine just in case, it's sat in the bottom of my wardrobe waiting for it's time to shine again.

It all depends what you want from a keyboard really, I still hate the G15 though it's a Media Elite for 5 times the price with a screen that serves no purpose at all.
iNfinity.
+12|5645|Norway
You dont need any fancy lights or bling bling on you'r keyboard. Just get a random black logitech keyboard, Ive had one for 3 years and it still lasts good.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85

Lucien wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Media keys are worse than on my €25 keyboard
Features? let's list em
Screen - it displays almost entirely useless information (I get to see my score in TF2! gee, if only my cheap keyboard had keys that I could bind the scoreboard to.) superior screenless alternatives exist. In my opinion extremely distracting when lit up, but to use it you then need to turn it back on again.
G keys - A handful of games I don't play might use them. For the rest it just lets you be slightly lazier.
A SWITCH TO TURN OFF THE WINDOWS KEY OH FUCK
backlit keys - it's like I really have a monitor shining on my keyboard!

2 months back my old keyboard broke and I had money to burn so I bought a G15. I bought it back two days later and got a standard logitech keyboard instead. Couldn't be happier
So sayeth someone who practically hasn't used a G15.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

So sayeth someone who practically hasn't used a G15.
So because I haven't used a G15 for some arbitrary amount of time all the points I raised are invalid? Nice.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

I love Logitech UltraX Flat Premiums. got mine for less than 20€.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I don't understand the hype behind this thing.  I had one.  It failed.  They market it for a battledock light (which doesn't exist).  Eclipse II FTW.

Or this guy.

http://store.artlebedev.com/computer_ad … s-maximus/
Doesnt exist? erm I have one lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard