+172|5692|SQUID

Hakei wrote:

Finray wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Only cause I haven't posted.
1900 hours.

Do you have a fucking life?
I have 2k hours all up on BF2.

I have a fucking life, in fact - I probably got more pussy last Saturday than you've had all up.
i believe you because you posted that on a video game forum
REDWOLF_101
+1|6165
I myself ALWAYS play as sniper and im good at it!
So here is a snipers prospective with 1044:08:03 sniper only playing hrs & is one of top snipers in AUS .

Those of you complaining about claymore spamming... what about reviving spam?!!!?!
I think if you die 3 times within 1min you shouldnt be able to be revived the 4th time!
That way you cut down on reviving spam and it would give the ppl who dont play MEDIC (which would only be 5% of players) a chance at topping the ladder at the end of maps! That would stop rambo style gameplay & induce more tactics!
BUT I know that would never happen so...

Snipers are lonewolves ppl(most), you wouldnt see snipers going in on the frontline rambo style in real life!
But that doesnt mean we cant play a team game... i like to spot ppl/cars/APCs/Tanks out for my team. I myself cant stand when others dont spot things out which in afect lets the other team behind the frontline onto the back flags just because someone doesnt want to spot the enemy because they dont want someone else to get their kill!
Thats BullS#!T... anyway.

Leave the radious/hitbox alone, just make it the further you are away from the clay the less damage you get... simple!

On the Destructable clays... i dont mind that they could be destroyed while the clays are on the ground but only by heavy gunfire from PKM & MG36, that way there is 2 kits that can disarm clays & not everything that explodes or can shoot... that would take to much away from the snipers.

But if the clays are on rooftops they CAN NOT be destroyed!
Snipers have the right to defend themselves while zoned in on other areas!
Thats what claymores are made for in real life... defence!

On the claymore Prone thing, i dont mind that!

Because something has been taken away from snipers(prone passed clays)... i think something small should be given back...like...
when a teammate comes up into a clay that is ontop of a ladder i think the sniper who set the clay should be able to choose whether or not to punish the idiot who cant see 2 warnings staring them in the face(RED SKULL ontop of clay & RED SKULL on his/her screen) while they just got rid of the snipers only defence!

Also i can live with crouching and not moving to set a clay...as long as its not too long, thats fine with me!

About the clays staying even after the sniper is dead, whats the diff between that & the AT mines, they stay just as long as the clays do & there is more than 2 per kit.

Anyway saying all that, i would rather not change anything. Use ya skills to live ppl.
Both sides have snipers & clays so you cant call it unfair!
Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain

SquadBuster wrote:

clays should be left as they are!
anyone who calls people who spam clays an idiot then runs through the same pathways that the clay spammer knows you are going to run through is more idiotic than the clay spammer.
Even if the claymore is on a spawn point?

The reason bad players love claymores is because they allow them to get kills when they are dead. Since bad players spend a lot of time dead, that suits them fine. I personally don't think that when I kill some guy he should not be rewarded for his bad play with a free kill when I run into his claymore a few seconds later. What are you supposed to do to avoid that? Stop moving for the rest of the round every time you kill a sniper?

If you only got credit for kills when you are alive you'd see a lot less clayspamming. I still think AT mines should give you kills after death though, because engineers do a hell of a lot for their team by mining key areas and should be rewarded.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5488
I think clays will be better this way. Now if the damage was dependent on how close somebody was when they set it off and took 9/10ths health max instead of killing, they would be just right. If someone gets up on the roof and does survive a clay detonation that takes 9/10ths health, the sniper should be able to finish them with the pistol. It would be no different than M95 to pistol killing. I don't think anything should be given back. If a clay is set off, the the sniper can hear it and knows its time to move. He has 4 grenades and the strongest single-shot gun on the game. Being on a rooftop should not mean nobody other than another sniper can kill them. Thats not the case though. It goes off and he is sitting there ignoring everything not in his scope.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2009-05-15 03:55:12)

SquadBuster
+9|5766|uk

Nihil wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

clays should be left as they are!
anyone who calls people who spam clays an idiot then runs through the same pathways that the clay spammer knows you are going to run through is more idiotic than the clay spammer.

The reason bad players love claymores is because they allow them to get kills when they are dead. Since bad players spend a lot of time dead, that suits them fine. I personally don't think that when I kill some guy he should not be rewarded for his bad play with a free kill when I run into his claymore a few seconds later. What are you supposed to do to avoid that? Stop moving for the rest of the round every time you kill a sniper?

If you only got credit for kills when you are alive you'd see a lot less clayspamming. I still think AT mines should give you kills after death though, because engineers do a hell of a lot for their team by mining key areas and should be rewarded.
well i seem to get around just fine murdering snipers without getting blown up by claymores
but i suppose the change will make it better for all the crying pussys that ruined the game in the first place

and anyone that runs right up close to a sniper with their ak101 or whatever looking for an easy kill deserves to get blown up by a claymore
just think " hey that sniper there might just have a couple of clays so i'll kill him from here instead of running right up to his face and shooting him"

i aint pro clay spamming or anything i'm just anti moaning about something untill it gets changed because you're not good enough to avoid it.
Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain

SquadBuster wrote:

because you're not good enough to avoid it.

Nihil wrote:

MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6006|Aberdeen, Scotland

SquadBuster wrote:

go a different fucking way
So you think there should be certain routes which should never be used in case there are clays there? Right...
This way people can avoid clays IF they see them, thus forcing snipers to use a little intelligence when placing them.

Also, if a sniper drops clays at your feet, just keep moving...you're only 'frozen' if you stay there long enough for the clay to arm.

Last edited by MrAnderson (2009-05-15 05:36:28)

SquadBuster
+9|5766|uk

Nihil wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

Nihil wrote:

comment when we can see your stats, i bet you have more clay kills than deaths
Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain

SquadBuster wrote:

Nihil wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

Nihil wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/132569658/

How do stats have any bearing on this? You keep saying it's easy to avoid clays yet you won't answer a simple question. Is it or is it not possible to avoid a claymore that explodes and kills you when you spawn? This does not relate to stats in any way.
SquadBuster
+9|5766|uk

Nihil wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

Nihil wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

How do stats have any bearing on this? You keep saying it's easy to avoid clays yet you won't answer a simple question. Is it or is it not possible to avoid a claymore that explodes and kills you when you spawn? This does not relate to stats in any way.
i dont know as i have never once been killed by a claymore when i have spawned.
i dont suppose it would be possible, but it cant be something that making clays possible to crawl past is going to change

you going to lookaround for clays and crawl past them when you spawn are you?
no you're just going to sprint off like 100% of all other players

BOOM! oh no!

your spawn point argument is not valid
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5641|Southern California

SquadBuster wrote:

Nihil wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

i dont know as i have never once been killed by a claymore when i have spawned.
i dont suppose it would be possible, but it cant be something that making clays possible to crawl past is going to change

you going to lookaround for clays and crawl past them when you spawn are you?
no you're just going to sprint off like 100% of all other players

BOOM! oh no!

You CAN get killed almost instantly when you spawn in front of gaymore.
kbai.
jdno_7
+10|6230

Hakei wrote:

Finray wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Only cause I haven't posted.
1900 hours.

Do you have a fucking life?
I have 2k hours all up on BF2.

I have a fucking life, in fact - I probably got more pussy last Saturday than you've had all up.
your mom doesnt count
Cute.Nemean^inf
+70|6333|The Netherlands
They should make a manual for n00bs, so they point claymores the right way... >.>

Lots of dumb asses place them against a wall >.>

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/fae7ad2a6ac917cd0957de8aa68b01e82ea80a62.png
Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain

SquadBuster wrote:

What? You said that if you get killed by a claymore it's your own fault for being stupid. I pointed out that this is not the case if a claymore kills you when you spawn. How is that not valid? It completely disproves your claim.

Then you asked for my stats for some reason, which is completely irrelevent to what we are discussing...

Just admit it, you were wrong. Why is that so hard?
SquadBuster
+9|5766|uk

Nihil wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

What? You said that if you get killed by a claymore it's your own fault
i said that about fighting in cq with a sniper you fool, before you posted your quote about spawnpoints
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
Everytime I've spawned or seen someone spawn in front of a clay it blows up just before the hitbox becomes available or some shit and they are unharmed.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6333|England

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Everytime I've spawned or seen someone spawn in front of a clay it blows up just before the hitbox becomes available or some shit and they are unharmed.
The trick is to put it away a little bit so they are spawned properly...
Not that I have ever ever done that
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5875|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

The A W S M F O X wrote:

That is true, I have never died from a clay when I spawn (with no movement) the clay just blows up and either does no damage or sometimes takes health but doesnt kill, maybe there is a split second spawn invincibility thing in BF2 that no one noticed then
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5488

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

That is true, I have never died from a clay when I spawn (with no movement) the clay just blows up and either does no damage or sometimes takes health but doesnt kill, maybe there is a split second spawn invincibility thing in BF2 that no one noticed then
There is a split second during spawning of players and vehicles when they are invincible. Its is seen when clays are set of or if you place an AT mine where a vehicle spawns.
Nihil
+15|5813|Malaga, Spain

SquadBuster wrote:

Nihil wrote:

SquadBuster wrote:

What? You said that if you get killed by a claymore it's your own fault
i said that about fighting in cq with a sniper you fool, before you posted your quote about spawnpoints
No, you said:

If the idiot in question places the claymore in a spawn point (ie somewhere he knows people are going to be) it can hardly be the player's own fault if they spawn there and die. You really are amazingly slow on the uptake.

Just forget it, this is akin to talking to a turd.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6654
claymores r dumb
REDWOLF_101
+1|6165
gee what a smart comment Ajax...
Hakei
Banned
+295|6003

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

There is a split second during spawning of players and vehicles when they are invincible. Its is seen when clays are set of or if you place an AT mine where a vehicle spawns.
It's called spawn protection, really noticeable when you C4 an enemy on spawn and they don't die.

Also noticeable when you MG a jet as it spawns, it flips itself sideways because the bullets are in a sense "Pushing" the jet, but not taking the damage.
Zukabazuka
+23|6693
Liked when you could destroy them with grenades, so that sniper would have to place them on places where they would be hard to dodge. Sure snipers was crying that everyone was destroying their very cheap kills and then they got invincible.

Also sniper is long range, if anyone managed to get close to him and avoid the claymore, he deserve to die.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5875|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Snipers arent always long range, they do use them close to medium range in real life too

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard