.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6468|The Twilight Zone

CameronPoe wrote:

.Sup wrote:

You judge tactics over one bad move made by the defender who flicked the ball to Barca rather than kick it away from penalty area?
I judge the two teams on their merits as teams and individuals not on tonight's performance. Barcelona are a better football team. At least it will be an entertaining final - Chelsea would only get completely annihilated by Man Utd in the final. At least a Barca with Puyol and Henry (not to mention Iniesta, Messi, Eto'o, etc.) get to face Man Utd rather than Divey McDive, Cashley Cole and co. I feel sorry for Lampard, Terry, Anelka and Essien though. Quality players (even if Anelka stole a penalty).
Hopefully you're not judging them by the performance showed in the Premier league and La Liga
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Kez
+778|5718|London, UK
https://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Untitled-2copy-27.jpg
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6478|Tyne & Wear, England
Wacist.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
bennisboy
+829|6661|Poundland
It was a tightly fought game with both teams doing what they set out to do. Chelsea quite often like to score and then rely on their solid defence.
Barca like to attack and pass pass pass. As a result of this, barca controlled possession but werent a massive goal threat.
It was a game that started with an unbelievable goal and was finished with a great goal
CameronPoe
+2,925|6570

.Sup wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

.Sup wrote:

You judge tactics over one bad move made by the defender who flicked the ball to Barca rather than kick it away from penalty area?
I judge the two teams on their merits as teams and individuals not on tonight's performance. Barcelona are a better football team. At least it will be an entertaining final - Chelsea would only get completely annihilated by Man Utd in the final. At least a Barca with Puyol and Henry (not to mention Iniesta, Messi, Eto'o, etc.) get to face Man Utd rather than Divey McDive, Cashley Cole and co. I feel sorry for Lampard, Terry, Anelka and Essien though. Quality players (even if Anelka stole a penalty).
Hopefully you're not judging them by the performance showed in the Premier league and La Liga
Man for man Barcelona is more skillful than Chelsea. Collectively they are better put together than Chelsea. What kind of team worth its salt concedes 4 goals in a European Cup quarter-final ffs? Liverpool should have went through against Chelsea in the previous round, for all the guts, bravado and never say die attitude they showed, not to say anything of how they compare in terms of skill and teamwork.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6686|UK
Not funny nob rot.  I doubt you were even in your old mans nutsack when this was going on.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01009/barnes_1009818c.jpg
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6468|The Twilight Zone

CameronPoe wrote:

.Sup wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Man for man Barcelona is more skillful than Chelsea. Collectively they are better put together than Chelsea. What kind of team worth its salt concedes 4 goals in a European Cup quarter-final ffs? Liverpool should have went through against Chelsea in the previous round, for all the guts, bravado and never say die attitude they showed, not to say anything of how they compare in terms of skill and teamwork.
I remember when our small country was beating big countries in football, they weren't the "more skilled ones" but they had fighting spirit. What I'm trying to say the one who is more skilled doesn't necessarily deserve to win. In football theres skill, running and desire (and referees) not just skill.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
CameronPoe
+2,925|6570

.Sup wrote:

I remember when our small country was beating big countries in football, they weren't the "more skilled ones" but they had fighting spirit. What I'm trying to say the one who is more skilled doesn't necessarily deserve to win. In football theres skill, running and desire (and referees) not just skill.
Chelsea showed little desire, running or skill tonight. The only time they showed running or desire was when they realised they conceded a goal. Trying to sit on a lead in two consecutive matches - this time they got their come uppance. I can understand why they might feel they have been hard done by but karma has caught up with them. A ten man (wrongfully) team scored on them. They simply don't deserve to be in the final.

Ireland often (and used to very often) grind out victories against far bigger teams by playing conservative football - mainly because they didn't ahve the skill to compete - are they better than those teams they beat? They certainly are and were not - Ireland are crap.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-05-06 14:55:57)

BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6360|Slovenia
Barcelona deserved to win, Chelsea played like shite after they've scored (turtle tactics?) and they really can't be proud of Drogba tbh. Referee sucked but who cares, both sides were affected by his decisions.
Iniesta ftw!
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6638|EU

Pity but thats a football and thats why I love it. I really hoped that Ballack or Drogba would punch that referee in the face, could be fun... shame it didnt happen
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6581|England

Despite the circumstances, once again, Chavski prove that they cannot take losing.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum
drogba and ballack deserve some kind of serious fine tbh, that was serious miscounduct.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6686|UK

FatherTed wrote:

drogba and ballack deserve some kind of serious fine tbh, that was serious miscounduct.
And while they're at it that ref should be kicked in the nuts and fined for gross incompetence
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6515|so randum
the ref was a bollocks no doubt.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6756|OctoLand
Ok ESPN didn't show what happened after the game, but just saw it on youtube.

Stupid from Didier, a fine is in order.
I know fucking karate
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6600|England
Drogba's behaviour towards the Ref was disgusting, bad decisions or not.  He behaved like a mardy child.  Diving prick.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6636|London, England
Drogba had a few chances, including the one in the first leg. He should've scored one of those, he can only blame himself for not converting any of the chances he had.

Credit to Chelsea for running the Barca team ragged, although they had so much of the possesion they couldn't really find a solution to Chelsea's setup, it was always going to have to be a good ranged effort to beat Chelsea and Barca never really tried to do that throughout both legs and it was only out of desperation that they actually tried to do it, and it worked when it needed to. Barcelona vs Man Utd final, judging by Barcelona's performance, and Man Utd. I'd say Man Utd are the better team, they're more flexible and have different plans, basically Alex Ferguson is better than Gaurdiola, and Man Utd are much more of an interchangeable team, Barca will need to make the most of the luck they'll get in the final to win it. IMO.

Saying that, against Man Utd, Barca will be allowed to play their style of football much easier, so it's hard to call really. Should be an awesome final, champions of Spain and England (most probably) playing in the European final, for once the Champions league lives up to its name
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6489|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Jebus wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Kptk92 wrote:

Iniesta
Nice. Got to play for what, 3min and scored?
Inieste was in the whole game..
O. Then the text tv had faulty info. It said that he came in at 90min. The game wasn't on tv here since the ManU - Arsenal was on the day before.

Just found this

https://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1504/ballsack.gif

A+ Lulmaterial

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2009-05-06 22:44:31)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6638|EU

Ballack rocks!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6168|what

https://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7475/drogbaangry585546020a.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6688|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Gutted for Justice and my lil nephew.

There is no conspiracy to stop two English teams battle it out in the final again.

This will be a better final though  I reckon

Please stop writing stuff about it in your facebook status's though.

Congrats Zimmer
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6396|Oslo, Norway
The only way Chelsea got to play Barca this match was 'cause of a poor referee at Stamfprd Bridge when they faced Liverpool. At the equalizing goal (2-2) Skrtel jumps right up in the air, cleares with a header, Drogba runs into him, take a dive and get a freekick. Alex finishes superbly but they should never had that freekick. At the 3-2 goal Carragher gets hacked down but the ref think it's proper to let the game go. Not a correct decicion when Alonso have 5 Chelsea players round him. A quick turnover (which the ref should have blown his whistle) and Chelsea leads the game cause of the ref.

Chelsea advanced cause of a poor referee so why the hell should they advance to the final???

And that fucking cunt Drogba should learn to watch his mouth. "A fucking discrease" he said. The same man dived 22 times against Liverpool!!! Now that's a fucking discrease!!! The best dive he had was when Aurelio tackled him at the line. He was badly injured again, but he didn't get a stop in the play because he was outside the pitch. So what do he do??? HE ROLLS BACK INTO THE PITCH TO GET A STOP IN THE GAME!!! Where's the honor in that???

So fuck off Chelsea, fuck off Drogba and fuck off Man Utd. BARCELONA FOR THE WIN!!!!!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6825|Nårvei

Babb Master Flash wrote:

So fuck off Chelsea, fuck off Drogba, fuck off Molde, fuck off Vålerenga and fuck off Barca. Manchester United For Ever!!!
Fixed
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5763|Croatia

Varegg wrote:

Babb Master Flash wrote:

So fuck off Chelsea, fuck off Drogba, fuck off Molde, fuck off Vålerenga and fuck off Barca. Manchester United For Ever!!!
Fixed
this
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6341|England

Snake wrote:

Despite the circumstances, once again, Chavski prove that they cannot take losing.
So true. It's funny reading everyone's facebook status's as they cry.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard