carl
+-1|6622|Norway
any tips on how to achive the veteran explosives badge?  maps, methode, etc...?

i thought it was hard enough to get the basic badge. got it in the last sec...driving around with c4 on the car, jumping out and blow up the fi and my self...not very smart i think...anyway...tips?
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6642|England
Karkand-MEC-Sniper
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6628|Mhz

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

Karkand-MEC-Sniper
What he said, claymore whoring FTW
maxreznichenko
+2|6644
be an engeneer on wake, try finding one enemy vechile speeding passed u with 1 person in it. lol, just mine the enterance to the next base the enemy will attack.
MelbourneVictory
+2|6654|Melbourne, Australia
64 Karkand, 20-25 people on it, MEC, car bombs.

Dog tactic, but not only will you get the badge, you'll get the win too, half the time they dont know what hit em.

Last edited by MelbourneVictory (2006-03-27 08:34:13)

tino275
+14|6621
On BF2:SF on the warlord map.  When you are SAS. Spawn from the Air. parchute down to the TV Station. Drop you 2 Clamores. then go try to get some kills w/ your hand gun and granades, you will get killed.  Do this over and over and you will get your badge. I came close to Expert but I captured the flag instead.  Yes it may be whoring. But you could say this about any of the weapons. including helicoptors or even assult riffles  .  These are all weapons you are allowed to use. I say use them. Good Luck!!! have fun. & SHHH this is my little trick don't tell anybody. I havn't seen anybody else doing it.
MelbourneVictory

tino275 wrote:

On BF2:SF on the warlord map.  When you are SAS. Spawn from the Air. parchute down to the TV Station. Drop you 2 Clamores. then go try to get some kills w/ your hand gun and granades, you will get killed.  Do this over and over and you will get your badge. I came close to Expert but I captured the flag instead.  Yes it may be whoring. But you could say this about any of the weapons. including helicoptors or even assult riffles  .  These are all weapons you are allowed to use. I say use them. Good Luck!!! have fun. & SHHH this is my little trick don't tell anybody. I havn't seen anybody else doing it.
You're not a particularly bright spark are you?
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

tino275 wrote:

Did that make you feel special?Do you feel like you fit in now??
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6671|USA

tino275 wrote:

Secrets out. No one gives a rats arse about the TV flag due to the claymores. Playing smarter now I guess.
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6852|TX
Warlord as a sniper.  64 player map with 20 people max.  Hope you get into a flag war in the palace.  Another possible way is to be an engineer on Great Wall.  AT Mine the passages through the wall.  Hard to see the mines because of the dark colored dirt.

No matter what you do, you will need a 64 player map with 20 people as the max.  Claymores have become easier to use now that you dont have to worry about TK's on most servers.

Last edited by -=DRACO-Krusty (2006-03-27 12:22:12)

Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6786|Long Island
yea i am on expert, and it is impossible, especially since you cant do the c4 fast anymore and you cant jump/throw c4.  the claymore idea sounds good though.  i will give that a try soon
masterHouse
Official Heckler & Koch ambassador
+8|6725|Veenendaal, The Netherlands
I was a Spec Ops during a round with knifes and pistol. That was kind a lame round so i stated to trow some C4 and I got two things: Veteran Explosives Ordinance Badge & a ban
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6755|Mexico City
warlord + sas + sniper + commander + 64 players
sas will always go first for that flag and rebels always try to take it back.
parachute above the building over the first rebel flag (left side), send supplies near you, start throwing claymores...i got there like 25 kills, the others were droping claymores and atrracting noobs to them with intentional failed sniper shots
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6658|Washington DC

carl wrote:

any tips on how to achive the veteran explosives badge?  maps, methode, etc...?

i thought it was hard enough to get the basic badge. got it in the last sec...driving around with c4 on the car, jumping out and blow up the fi and my self...not very smart i think...anyway...tips?
Just got mine today ... and I wasn't even trying for it 

I tried FOREVER to get the veteran explosives badge on Karkand, and I don't think I was getting even close.

So, I just put it out of my mind, and decided to concentrate on learning some sniping skills and improving my KD ratio.  I've been playing sniper for about the last 15 hours, almost exclusively, and most of the time on Sharqi.  The experience with the Sharqi map - learning where to place the claymores for maximum kill opportunities based upon the flag status of the map - was probably the single most important contributor to getting the badge.

Today, when I joined up on a 64-player server with about 20 players, I got it with about 50 tickets to spare.  It seemed almost "easy", but I know that I've spent a lot of time building up experience and the badge was the reward.   Given the right circumstances, I could easily see getting the expert badge.

So, my bottom line advice is to pick a map and patiently learn where and when to place claymores.  Keep at it ... you'll get it!

Last edited by OrangeHound (2006-03-28 11:52:49)

Crazyfool_OA
+12|6771|Gloucester - UK
16 player Karkand on a 64 player map size. Go MEC, spawn at square, chuck 2 chunks of C4 on the jeep and drive towards the US main base. Try to avoid meeting the tank if you can cus it will pwn you, where as the 2 APC's generally as a rule cant kill you before you get close enough to dive out and press the button. with only 8 people on each side the round will last forever, and so long as the US guys are stupid enough to keep trying to use the APC's, you will get your expert badge about 1/2 way thru the round, leaving you plenty of time to make back that -40 teamwork score you've racked up from suicides and killing dumb team mates that decide to get in the jeep with you.
On the off chance the US APC/tank driver skills are too leet for your jihad jeep driving skills and you keep getting wasted, just do the same C4 thing with an APC instead, only downside to that is it wastes one of your teams APC's, and it takes forever to get to the enemy, leaving you much less time to make up those -40 teamwork points.
MelbourneVictory

Crazyfool_OA wrote:

16 player Karkand on a 64 player map size. Go MEC, spawn at square, chuck 2 chunks of C4 on the jeep and drive towards the US main base. Try to avoid meeting the tank if you can cus it will pwn you, where as the 2 APC's generally as a rule cant kill you before you get close enough to dive out and press the button. with only 8 people on each side the round will last forever, and so long as the US guys are stupid enough to keep trying to use the APC's, you will get your expert badge about 1/2 way thru the round, leaving you plenty of time to make back that -40 teamwork score you've racked up from suicides and killing dumb team mates that decide to get in the jeep with you.
On the off chance the US APC/tank driver skills are too leet for your jihad jeep driving skills and you keep getting wasted, just do the same C4 thing with an APC instead, only downside to that is it wastes one of your teams APC's, and it takes forever to get to the enemy, leaving you much less time to make up those -40 teamwork points.
Pretty much exactly what I did when I got it. Almost always ensures you a win. Although, as a rule, if I see someone from the opposition before I see the APC's/Tanks, I'll just drive it towards them instead and take the quick kills

I'm a bastard, aren't I?
Viper38
+118|6679
I got mine yesterday - simply used claymores on Karkand as MEC. The server had about 20 - 25 players and the process was rather straightforward really.
Easy_4TH
+2|6651
i did mine on a full 44 player karkand server, MEC, sniper.  i got the majority of them defending between the hotel and the suburb.  the tunnel between the building, the two ways around that building, and the stairs up to the hill with the borken wall.  also, the broken wall itself.  if they have the hotel and you have the suburb, it's easy peasy.  just make sure you've got some support guys near you willing to chuck ammo and you should have it in no time.  i got it with 75 tickets to spare and ended with 44 kills, 12 deaths and a gold medal.  too bad i didn't have the 100 hours or i could have gotten my expert sniper as well.

moral of the story: karkand, MEC, sniper, defending the suburb half way between that and the hotel.  go forth my children.
Sniper007
+1|6612
Play on a Karkand server with friendly fire off. You can drop C4 on people 2 feet from you and you won't die when you detonate. A server with only 16 slots on a 64 player map is also good. You can easily get expert explosive badge.

Question: do grenades count as explosives?
wilber69
+8|6642
SF-Surge-64 players-Busy as possible-AT Mines

https://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8407/screen0008tc.th.png

Last edited by wilber69 (2006-03-30 10:39:02)

Larsson
+2|6535|Hamburg, Germany
How about AF RR or OH, engie+supp in Littlebird=mobile minefield?
HavenĀ“t tried it yet, never found a supp to help me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard