cpt.fass2
+1|6607

atlvolunteer wrote:

Yeah, the subway system in Atlanta is pretty crappy and doesn't cover much of the city.  Not too long ago, they tried to extend it out into some of the surrounding counties and a lot of the residents raised hell, saying it would bring crime out to these counties.
Well isn't a DWI a crime? It would curve that.

Ok I don't understand this at all, how would a mass tansit system raise crime?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6769|Atlanta, GA USA
The claim is that one of the thugs from atlanta would hop on the subway, ride out to the burbs, commit some crime, then hop back on the subway and ride home.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

cpt.fass2 wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

Yeah, the subway system in Atlanta is pretty crappy and doesn't cover much of the city.  Not too long ago, they tried to extend it out into some of the surrounding counties and a lot of the residents raised hell, saying it would bring crime out to these counties.
Well isn't a DWI a crime? It would curve that.

Ok I don't understand this at all, how would a mass tansit system raise crime?
here in ATL, the system is called MARTA.........and historically, right or wrong, good or bad, the non-politcally correct answer is..........where ever MARTA sets up shop gang violence and crimes in general go up. It is a fact.....In NY/NJ mass transit is a way of life........people making 6 figures a year ride the subway.......Here in ATL 6 figures a year and you are driving your BMW 7 series car everywhere, mostly, it is the lower social class of people ride MARTA.......generally speaking mind you......this is not an absolute.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA
What it curves for a DWI will turn into a train mugging or murder
section9
+9|6845|USA
So they invented a way to legalize entrapment? very clever, but I'd get a lawyer as that sounds totally fucked to me. No surprise it's texas though ...go figure.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

section9 wrote:

So they invented a way to legalize entrapment? very clever, but I'd get a lawyer as that sounds totally fucked to me. No surprise it's texas though ...go figure.
yup yer right
cpt.fass2
+1|6607

lowing wrote:

do you have a transit police down their?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

cpt.fass2 wrote:

lowing wrote:

do you have a transit police down their?
yes they do and they are not rent-a-cops either.........but the problems still exist

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-28 19:27:41)

Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6707|Sweden
The swedish foreign minister was fired 4 days ago for ordering the closing of a rightwing homepage. It's a violation to the freedom of speech. And shes fat too.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6693|NJ
Weird your children(aka teenagers) don't steal things? it's only the people from the inner city that ride the train out to the burbs. If you don't have to many trains going to the burbs how do you know what's going to happen? Also there is crime everywhere.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6769|Atlanta, GA USA
I'm confused.  Are there 2 cpt.fasses, or do you just have two accounts?
cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ
I have two accounts I created a new one because I couldn't get into this one, then chuy sent me my pass for this one. And my girl deleted the cookies last night so I lost that password, so now I"m on this account.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6769|Atlanta, GA USA
LOL okay.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Weird your children(aka teenagers) don't steal things? it's only the people from the inner city that ride the train out to the burbs. If you don't have to many trains going to the burbs how do you know what's going to happen? Also there is crime everywhere.
please don't twist my words..........you know exactly what I am talking about.
cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ
If I was twisting your words I would have made a statement, I put that in question form as a question.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

lowing wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

please don't twist my words..........you know exactly what I am talking about.
Ok I will break it down for you and put it in a scenerio that might be closer to home for you........are there not places in NY that you probably don't want to go to after dark, like central park, or South of some street corner??.......the fact that it is a good idea to avoid these certain places that have developed reputations for being trouble spots and are avoided does not mean that thewre isn't crime anywhere else in NY.

All I am telling you is by spending allot of time on mass transit in ATL you might be asking for trouble that you normally wouldn't have to worry about...........No need to read into it as deeply as you are.

and yes I have ridden the mass transit in ATL and yes I almost got into a fist fight doing so. and yes I was minding my own business

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-30 12:34:40)

cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ
I'm really not reading into it that far. So ATL is pretty dangerous then?  Most of the old "thug crimes" that use to plague NY moved out and went to PA, Because it's cheaper to live out there. A mass transit system is something that is very benifical to life and might have it's ruff times in the begining but will smooth out in the long run and help majority of the business down there out. Damn that was a long sentance.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'm really not reading into it that far. So ATL is pretty dangerous then?  Most of the old "thug crimes" that use to plague NY moved out and went to PA, Because it's cheaper to live out there. A mass transit system is something that is very benifical to life and might have it's ruff times in the begining but will smooth out in the long run and help majority of the business down there out. Damn that was a long sentance.
Well we have a mass transit and it works out nothing like you say for the people that don't NEED mass transit.

Down here crime follows trains and buses, and property values fall............I  don't make the rules I just am a witness to them

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-30 15:04:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard