1.5 sucks
Banned
+11|5482|locked in myke's basement

M.O.A.B wrote:

I noticed that when I attempted to join one server I got the classic 'You have failed to Connect' moment, but without the actual message, so there's no real way of telling if it is that, or if the server requires a password.
me2

add to buglist plz
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5997|Aberdeen, Scotland

Lai wrote:

No. They just removed the ability to destroy said claymores.
They removed that in 1.41 right? I want it back; have them destroyable by nades. It's ridicilous how even a dead sniper can hold an position for minutes.
Long before 1.41, I think they changed it before I started playing a couple of years back, in 1.3...

Just played a couple of rounds of Pearl, first impressions are good; out of 3 rounds, the USMC managed to land each time...it sometimes takes a while, but they do get on to the back flags. Could use a little less fog, it's very grey in places!

Hitreg seems slightly improved, but can't say for sure yet.

Prone delay doesn't seem that obvious, but I'm not a prone-spammer so wouldn't affect me much anyway

Minor disappointments;
It seems they have disabled 1-touch spotting (haven't tried re-assigning it yet, but as I copy-pasted the controls file I don't see it working).

Localisation files; standard-size orange text is gone, as are custom teamkill messages (eg player 1 [*teamkills*m16a2] player 2).

Also the beta is ranked? Wasn't expecting that, but saw a guy get promoted...I'm guessing times for Pearl won't be counted yet though.
1.5 sucks
Banned

MrAnderson wrote:

Minor disappointments;
It seems they have disabled 1-touch spotting (haven't tried re-assigning it yet, but as I copy-pasted the controls file I don't see it working).
Not necessarily disabled - this is only broken because of the falcon overwriting bug.
MrAnderson
Perhaps, yes

It does look like a horrible creation (falcon).
Lai
+186|6149
Lets no bash falcon too much, as I suspect it is the only reason we even got a patch after all these years (probably even through sponsoring).
1.5 sucks
Banned

Lai wrote:

Lets no bash falcon too much, as I suspect it is the only reason we even got a patch after all these years (probably even through sponsoring).
we have the patch now, let the bashing begin
MrAnderson
I just watched the CNET video on youtube, it actually looks like an interesting concept, but I don't see it as a useful game controller right now...it does take us closer to virtual reality though I guess.

Surely can't be too good for your wrist either, RSI anyone?
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5866|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

1.5 sucks wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

Minor disappointments;
Not necessarily disabled - this is only broken because of the falcon overwriting bug.
The falcon overrides the secondary key for spotting, I have the primary key to Q and had secondary to a joystick button, but because of the falcon thing I changed it I was using Xpadder anyway to set up controls and just binded a joystick button to press Q and right click at same time- sorted it, now im just waiting for the falcon fix so i can actually use my joypad without having to set it up every time
I havent got any urge to play BF2 any more because of this beta hope its all sorted soon, Im just gona be messing about on TF2

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-04-23 12:19:29)

Zandermander
Chopper Whore
+3|5600
I still can't join any server without it kicking me to the server selection screen with no message... are there any fixes at all... making local servers doesn't help, I've sat here for 10 minutes straight clicking on servers with nothing. Serious Bullshit. I don't think they bothered testing this before hand, they just typed up some code in notepad, compiled it, and released it.
MrAnderson
Zander, do you have fraps running? If so, close it.

I guess getting rid of any other surplus background apps/processes might also help.
Zandermander
Chopper Whore
+3|5600
I have absolutely nothing running, i ever closed ventrilo, nothing works..
L.Sammy
+5|5636|Ireland
That crap about progs running in the background is just crap, I had the same problem. I couldent join 90% of the servers and when i did, kick after 2 mins. I tryed everything and then went back to 1.4 till the offical releas.

I have a g15, zander do you?

Last edited by L.Sammy (2009-04-23 17:59:47)

Scratch[USA]
+105|6545

Zandermander wrote:

I have absolutely nothing running, i ever closed ventrilo, nothing works..
I think you may have already, but be sure to update punkbuster.  I updated pb then closed fraps and it worked.
Zandermander
Chopper Whore
+3|5600
No, i don't have a g15

ill try punkbuster, though i doubt thats what it is because i can create a local server.
san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live
I just looked at my control key bindings and wow, what assholes EA are. They didn't overwrite the secondary key bindings because of a bug. It was pure marketing for the stupid Falcon device. Wow.
Lai
+186|6149
I made a new poll a few minutes ago regarding Infantry Only:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt … o-mio.html

Critics or support are very welcome!
MrAnderson

L.Sammy wrote:

That crap about progs running in the background is just crap, I had the same problem.
I only suggested it because I got booted back to menu a couple of times, disabled fraps and problem was solved
Mexanick
+3|6452|Russia
Endless CTDs, connect refuses and disconnects ingame. New map is good one, but, as someone previously sat, mashtuur-style flags layout would be much better. Also, why not to do a light-vehicles-only mode? With buggys, jeeps, transport helos and boats, that would be perfect.

Last edited by Mexanick (2009-04-24 13:49:56)

Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6613|Kent, UK
Well I have same bug: trying to connect to a server and it does the kinda thing it would when you are banned/server full ect. without the message itself. However I am able to join empty ranked and unranked games and create my own... i just can't join any that have people in them. Tried PB update, same thing.... any ideas?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
Good day

I can't play 1.5 properly: more than three quarters of the servers I try to join just send me straight back to the server browser before the loading screen even shows, and if I do manage to join a server I ALWAYS get kicked back to the server browser within a few minutes without a message.

I've disabled pretty much every program I can.

Got any suggestions?
Heya

This is a known connection problem we are actually looking at now and hope to resolve as quickly as possible.
You may find you get the issue you describe below on servers where they are half their capacity. Try and connect to servers with slightly lower player numbers.

Thanks for trying BF2 1.50.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5539|Iron Gater
Do we have specifics on what they are going to fix on Vista? Ive been experiencing quite a few Vista problems
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6326

san4 wrote:

I just looked at my control key bindings and wow, what assholes EA are. They didn't overwrite the secondary key bindings because of a bug. It was pure marketing for the stupid Falcon device. Wow.
Marketing, and more marketing. I get the same impression. It's shitty i know. Luckily I copied my controls file and pasted  it back in to my profile. Problem solved.

That falcon thing is shit, but it helped us get our new patch, so +1 Falcon, you persuaded EA more then its whole user base could.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Im_Dooomed wrote:

+1 Falcon, you persuaded EA more gave EA more money then its whole user base could.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
san4
The Mas
+311|6687|NYC, a place to live

Lucien wrote:

Good day

I can't play 1.5 properly: more than three quarters of the servers I try to join just send me straight back to the server browser before the loading screen even shows, and if I do manage to join a server I ALWAYS get kicked back to the server browser within a few minutes without a message.

I've disabled pretty much every program I can.

Got any suggestions?
Heya

This is a known connection problem we are actually looking at now and hope to resolve as quickly as possible.
You may find you get the issue you describe below on servers where they are half their capacity. Try and connect to servers with slightly lower player numbers.

Thanks for trying BF2 1.50.
I'm having this problem all of a sudden. I can only join games with less than 16 players, even on a 64-player server.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6545
I am still waiting for a patch to allow servers to run vanilla and sf in the same rotation

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard