MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5997|Aberdeen, Scotland
I don't have that much of a problem with nadespam, probably as I rarely play inf-only, but what does bug me is when team-mates spam nades at my position; especially after I've killed the enemies there

If they were going to do anything about nades, I think a preferable solution would be to restrict them to the 'offensive' classes only, ie Specops/Assault...or maybe give the other classes 1 each.

Engi - doesn't need nades, he has mines/a tank to blow stuff up with, or a shotty...he's not a frontline trooper.
Medic - maybe let them have nades, but restricting medic weaponry would help increase kit variety.
Support - he already has a machine gun with unlimited ammo, take his nades away so he can't spam them.
Sniper - shouldn't need nades.
AT - doesn't have nades anyway.

I don't really see anything being done about them anyway, but those are my thoughts
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5499| - | - | - | - | - |
Limit medics to 2 and all other classes 3 (other than AT of course). Reduce the # of times Support classes can re supply grenades or at least put in a delay (can only resupply nades once every 2 minutes).
BVC
+325|6693
Make medic/support much less effective, and re-introduce medic cabinets and ammo boxes from BF1942
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6379|the land of bourbon
i know karkand defines bf2 for some people, well alot of people tbh, but really that is the only map nade spamming is done consistently by a team.  play the other maps, and you won't have the problem.  i agree that it gets excessive at some points, and is really annoying, but i just tend to avoid those situations.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6494|UK , Birmingham

Hakei wrote:

I'd love to hear you on vent iMPaCT.uK, I bet you sound even more retarded with an accent.
Austrailian esports is like the retard olympics mate
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6640|can

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

Hakei wrote:

I'd love to hear you on vent iMPaCT.uK, I bet you sound even more retarded with an accent.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6494|UK , Birmingham

TrashBlinD wrote:

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

Hakei wrote:

<3
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6741|Reality

Pubic wrote:

Make medic/support much less effective, and re-introduce medic cabinets and ammo boxes from BF1942
Fuck no. Hey lets camp the supply boxes WOOOOT.
Lowering grenades for different kits as posted above. Or reduce to 2 nades per kit and support bags restore 1 at a time.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Voted.

Any chance we can get to sort this game out, then, LEZDOIT
baggs
+732|6202
It was a massive effort for me to do it, but i voted. Nice one Jamesey
Banned

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

Hakei wrote:

you said esports lulz
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6494|UK , Birmingham

.:i7|Batman wrote:

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

Hakei wrote:

you said esports lulz
go back to public
BVC
+325|6693

Stubbee wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Fuck no. Hey lets camp the supply boxes WOOOOT.
Lowering grenades for different kits as posted above. Or reduce to 2 nades per kit and support bags restore 1 at a time.
It is easier to deal with campers in a fixed spot than it is to deal with people on the move.

Remember, BF2 has more nades per kit, launchers, artillery...
Banned

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

.:i7|Batman wrote:

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

you said esports lulz
go back to public
you said public lulz
Rock Lobstah
+3|5483

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Nade spam is the response to medic spam. So either the medic gets nerfed with nades, or don't nerf nades at all. Unless your idea of fun is simulating wildebeest herds in the form of medics or being trampled by their stampedes.
Where did I say I didn't support only medics having less nades?
Where did I say anything about the medic class having less nades? I meant the entire medic class itself must be nerfed if you want to nerf nades, too.

Whoops, you missed with your one or two grenades 'cause the guy is more clever than you thought and moved his jeep and the splash radius sucks now. Guess you're screwed now because you're pinned down with no nades to fight him, all so players like Jamesey can lengthen their e-peens on the streets of Karkand.
Whoops, now you have a chance to dodge enemy nades and they don't get multiple repeat chances to kill you. If you don't think you can kill someone in 2 nades, play better and don't get pinned down next time
Whoops, you can already 'dodge' nades, unless you're, lo and behold, a medic diving down to revive a fallen teammate. What else do you want, a force field from nades? Why even have nades in the game if they can be easily dodged and are ineffective in killing?

Your comment about playing better if you can't kill someone with 2 nades just shows how narrow your scope of play is in this game. Ever try to fight off a heavy transport vehicle on a map like Mash City? 2 nades won't always cut it and sometimes you might not have any left because you've been alive long enough. Another example: Ever try to hold off a determined medic squad with just firearms? Say my squad of 3 confronts a 4 man medic squad heading to Suburbs. My squad has a mixture of kits because, frankly, we have fun using other guns like the M249SAW, too. My squadmates die and we manage to kill 3 of the medics. But oh noes, there's one medic left and my mag is empty and my friends' kits are too far away to grab. The surviving medic revives a couple of his mates, especially his squad leader, overwhelm me, and continue their advance. Having enough nades that can kill is essential in a situation like that. They provide suppression and prevention; they prevent you medic whores from being the J-10's of IO, the rock, paper, and scissors rolled in one.

Mass nade spamming (keyword mass as it's the most annoying form people complain about) is a counter-tactic spam phenomenon seen only in a few incidents in the game that, surprise-surprise, effectively counters another form of spam--medic spam. So, if nades are going to be nerfed, which I highly recommend against, then so does the medic class, unless you believe IO should just be all medics and claymores. Yawn, wouldn't that be boring.

Last edited by Rock Lobstah (2009-04-23 00:11:47)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6130|Scotland!
I want less nades so I can play as a class that isn't a medic for once, without needing health 80% of the time I'm alive.

Your comment about playing better if you can't kill someone with 2 nades just shows how narrow your scope of play is in this game. Ever try to fight off a heavy transport vehicle on a map like Mash City? 2 nades won't always cut it and sometimes you might not have any left because you've been alive long enough. Another example: Ever try to hold off a determined medic squad with just firearms? Say my squad of 3 confronts a 4 man medic squad heading to Suburbs. My squad has a mixture of kits because, frankly, we have fun using other guns like the M249SAW, too. My squadmates die and we manage to kill 3 of the medics. But oh noes, there's one medic left and my mag is empty and my friends' kits are too far away to grab. The surviving medic revives a couple of his mates, especially his squad leader, overwhelm me, and continue their advance. Having enough nades that can kill is essential in a situation like that. They provide suppression and prevention; they prevent you medic whores from being the J-10's of IO, the rock, paper, and scissors rolled in one.
Thats a lovely story but in current bf2 your squad will run into their squad and you'll both jump around throwing nades at each other with maybe one person shooting so your scenario fals flat
Rock Lobstah
+3|5483

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I want less nades so I can play as a class that isn't a medic for once, without needing health 80% of the time I'm alive.

Thats a lovely story but in current bf2 your squad will run into their squad and you'll both jump around throwing nades at each other with maybe one person shooting so your scenario fals flat
Well isn't that something? lol. Your idea of nerfing nades only empowers the medic class, thus encouraging everyone to whore it more.

I doubt that and the scenario simply depends as there are endless examples. Once I kill them G3 vs G3, I have to worry about them coming back to life from the plethora of mini Jesuses in this game. Again, you want nades nerfed because they're effective against you. You might as well re-assaign the title of this thread as 'Nerf Anything That Kills Me!'.

Last edited by Rock Lobstah (2009-04-23 10:16:52)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

Rock Lobstah wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I doubt that and the scenario simply depends, considering once I kill them G3 vs G3, I have no worry of them coming back to like from the plethora of mini Jesuses in this game. Again, you want nades nerfed because they're effective against you. You might as well re-assaign the title of this thread as 'Nerf Anything That Kills Me!'.
Using that logic, you want nades left as they are so you can spam them everywhere?

I dont know how you play this game, and I dont care. What is clear, is that where people should be shooting with guns, they, instead, hurl nades at each other. If I could, after 3 years on this game, see one gunfight between 2 or more people that didnt involve grenades, I would actually fall off my chair in shock. Imagine 32players all going at it with guns...not 4 with guns and 28 with grenades - that would be truely epic and a lot more fun.
Nade spam is what pushed me off of flag-hopping in jeeps/APC's and even city maps, and into jets and helis. Ground-pounding against tards who can do nothing but throw a grenade is utterly frustrating, boring and fucking stupid. I cant remember the last time I went on foot.

Its not a case of nerfing grenades: its a case of reducing their usage so that people can get a decent fucking game.
Rock Lobstah
+3|5483

Snake wrote:

Rock Lobstah wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I doubt that and the scenario simply depends, considering once I kill them G3 vs G3, I have no worry of them coming back to like from the plethora of mini Jesuses in this game. Again, you want nades nerfed because they're effective against you. You might as well re-assaign the title of this thread as 'Nerf Anything That Kills Me!'.
Using that logic, you want nades left as they are so you can spam them everywhere?

I dont know how you play this game, and I dont care. What is clear, is that where people should be shooting with guns, they, instead, hurl nades at each other. If I could, after 3 years on this game, see one gunfight between 2 or more people that didnt involve grenades, I would actually fall off my chair in shock. Imagine 32players all going at it with guns...not 4 with guns and 28 with grenades - that would be truely epic and a lot more fun.
Nade spam is what pushed me off of flag-hopping in jeeps/APC's and even city maps, and into jets and helis. Ground-pounding against tards who can do nothing but throw a grenade is utterly frustrating, boring and fucking stupid. I cant remember the last time I went on foot.

Its not a case of nerfing grenades: its a case of reducing their usage so that people can get a decent fucking game.
You're right, I spam nades everywhere I hardly ever see excessive nade spamming outside of Karkand.

So what if people toss a couple nades in the initial contact. Isn't that what they're there for? The bottom line is if I kill someone G3 vs G3 IN A KARKAND IO SERVER, I most likely have to worry about some mini-jesus reviving him, thus encouraging me to spam nades at his fallen body to ward off medics; not to mention a grenade is a sure-shot method of killing a medic whom has seemingly limitless health. Nerfing something that only affects a small portion of the game which will affect the entirety of the game, all because someone wants to play 24/7 Karkand, makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Rock Lobstah (2009-04-23 10:34:04)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

Snake wrote:

Nade spam is what pushed me off of flag-hopping in jeeps/APC's and even city maps
In that case I vote for more nades.

I'm Jamesey wrote:

If we get enough votes he will reduce the number of grenades in public bf2, maybe making it playable and attracting players back to bf2 again.
I have a better solution, practice what you fucking preach.
Your stats:
10.75 hours game play.
You have thrown.... 1096 grenades...

My stats:
1861 hours
20,805 grenades.

Some simple maths say you throw grenades 9 times more often then me... Now please fuck off, you are the cause of your own problem.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-04-23 10:45:26)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
Rock lobstah, you are a terrible player
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Rock Lobstah
+3|5483

Lucien wrote:

Rock lobstah, you are a terrible player
kthx
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6558

DrunkFace wrote:

Snake wrote:

Nade spam is what pushed me off of flag-hopping in jeeps/APC's and even city maps
In that case I vote for more nades.

I'm Jamesey wrote:

If we get enough votes he will reduce the number of grenades in public bf2, maybe making it playable and attracting players back to bf2 again.
I have a better solution, practice what you fucking preach.
Your stats:
10.75 hours game play.
You have thrown.... 1096 grenades...

My stats:
1861 hours
20,805 grenades.

Some simple maths say you throw grenades 9 times more often then me... Now please fuck off, you are the cause of your own problem.
Jamesey thats owned tbh..
Banned

Rock Lobstah wrote:

Snake wrote:

Rock Lobstah wrote:

You're right, I spam nades everywhere I hardly ever see excessive nade spamming outside of Karkand.

So what if people toss a couple nades in the initial contact. Isn't that what they're there for? The bottom line is if I kill someone G3 vs G3 IN A KARKAND IO SERVER, I most likely have to worry about some mini-jesus reviving him, thus encouraging me to spam nades at his fallen body to ward off medics; not to mention a grenade is a sure-shot method of killing a medic whom has seemingly limitless health. Nerfing something that only affects a small portion of the game which will affect the entirety of the game, all because someone wants to play 24/7 Karkand, makes no sense to me.
1. Medics only seem to have limitless health when you can't aim for shit.

2. Let the medic revive the guys you just killed and as soon as he does kill them both before they get up. If you need a grenade for that you shouldn't be playing this game.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
voted yes.

I also agree with DoctaStrangelove. People have the option to stay away from grenades in 2142 because of how easy they are to defect. In BF2 the best you get is a muffled yell of grenade when its thrown. Sometimes.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-04-23 12:29:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard