War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

M.O.A.B wrote:

Apparently a trailer vid for BFBC2 is coming out sometime tonight, couldn't find the actual BFBC2 thread so letting you know here.
WOOHOO!!!
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

M.O.A.B wrote:

Apparently a trailer vid for BFBC2 is coming out sometime tonight, couldn't find the actual BFBC2 thread so letting you know here.
Sure it's a trailer and not some teaser which wasn't even worth hyping up like MW2's?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Poseidon wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Sure it's a trailer and not some teaser which wasn't even worth hyping up like MW2's?
Just read up saying that a trailer for BFBC2 would be put up at like 1AM EST. No idea if it was true or not.

Edit: Wait, not posted, showing on Gametrailers TV

Info wrote:

As always, Gametrailers TV airs every Friday night at 1AM (EST) on SpikeTV. If you are one of those technical people, it's actually set to air Saturday morning at 1AM (EST).

Undoubtedly, we will have the video up and ready for viewing just as soon as it is made public. Until then, make sure you tune in late Friday night for your first glimpse at Bad Company 2!

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2009-03-27 21:32:04)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

brb, going to check it out
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Looks like the PC version is going to be different from the console ones, so for those of you who despised the idea of 24, your boat may have come in.

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/battl … deos/10221
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

M.O.A.B wrote:

Looks like the PC version is going to be different from the console ones, so for those of you who despised the idea of 24, your boat may have come in.

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/battl … deos/10221

That Van Dyke guy wrote:

We're giving them a true version
I hope so.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6722|Michigan
I just hope they don't patch this game to all hell like they did to bf2 and 2142. The whole deviation thing is retarted. When I play a shooter, I expect to hit the target I'm aiming at.
I quit bf2 because of this. I now play codwaw and left 4 dead. And yes, I hit what I aim at. I'm by no means the best player ever but at least I can manage to kill more than 5 bad guys in a round.
Don't get me wrong, I love bf2 and the idea behind it and yes, I can get kills in it but if I want reality, I'll join the army or at least DL a realism mod. Shoot, bf2 is not realistic at all I mean, get your hands on a real p90 and have your friend empty the clip into you... unlike the game, you will not live to talk about it! So why make the guns inaccurate? It's dumb.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335
Lol, they are going to share their player names and be online too? Remeber the DICE dogtag challenge in 2142? It was madness. Everyone wanted to get revenge for bf2 and the bad patches and glitches they ported into 2142 as well. Spartaahhh-style.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5476|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Wake Island Video
http://ll-100.ea.com/nawp/na/u/f/GPO/ea … .Final.wmv
Check out the latest trailer from Battlefield 1943 with one of three maps available, Wake Island. Defend and capture control points on the island with tanks, jeeps and planes all at your disposal. Look for Battlefield 1943, coming this June, for $15 on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace (1200 MS Points) or the PlayStation® Store.
Q&A
Q: Why are we releasing the PC version of Battlefield 1943 in September?

A: The PC is built around the core game and that development process takes a bit longer. We want to ensure a true PC experience and that includes additional features support and gameplay that are not utilized for the console. – Gordon Van Dyke, BF1943 Producer

Source
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
Has this been posted? Good news on the PC front I guess

Wörtlich: "We have some other requirements from the PC players. It is they who comment most on the web. We certainly do not want to make a discarded porting. It must feel like a real PC game. I can not go into details, but it will be more ... more than the console versions." He reveals that they look up possible alternatives to the regenerative health and ammo on the PC version.

Wörtlich: Since you do not have the same limitations in terms of servers and online games from Sony and Microsoft on the PC format, check also the possibility to not be limited to 24 players, which is maximum in the console versions.
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6211|Phoenix, AZ
oh fuck yeah this looks good
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin
Rethinking alternatives for the unlimited ammo issue on the PC version? Now I'm sold.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Has this been posted? Good news on the PC front I guess

Wörtlich: "We have some other requirements from the PC players. It is they who comment most on the web. We certainly do not want to make a discarded porting. It must feel like a real PC game. I can not go into details, but it will be more ... more than the console versions." He reveals that they look up possible alternatives to the regenerative health and ammo on the PC version.

Wörtlich: Since you do not have the same limitations in terms of servers and online games from Sony and Microsoft on the PC format, check also the possibility to not be limited to 24 players, which is maximum in the console versions.
I'm paying attention to this game now.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Yeah okay Imma gonna look @ dis sheeeeeit nau
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6766|Noizyland

Okay good, I'm excited about this again. Also the original music is back.

Can't wait to get back behind the controls of a Corsair.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sisco
+493|6335
Just read it´s due to September instead of June, cause of all the "for the better" chagnes they make to the pc version.

Plus, there is going to be no spectator mode in this one:
sause

It might come via steam too
sause is in swedish I guess, dunno lol

and they are willing to force people more into squadplay by restricting the means of communication for lone wolfs

It´s in dutch lol

Going with the ghost of dicegames past, I´m still reserved until I see the end-product, but the y might do good here. It seems to be a plus, that the game isn´t as large or complex as it´s predecessors.

Last edited by Sisco10 (2009-04-30 01:22:28)

Volatile
+252|6696|Sextupling in Empire

If they give us a proper PC game with controls like their previous pc titles, and at least 48 player support, then i will not hesitate to pick it up. I have not found any shooters after 2142 to be worthy of much of my time(farcry 2 could have been good, but lol at ubi for dropping the ball).

The sound quality of their recent console titles is phenomenal, and would expect it to be great for this one as well.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Volatile wrote:

If they give us a proper PC game with controls like their previous pc titles, and at least 48 player support, then i will not hesitate to pick it up. I have not found any shooters after 2142 to be worthy of much of my time(farcry 2 could have been good, but lol at ubi for dropping the ball).

The sound quality of their recent console titles is phenomenal, and would expect it to be great for this one as well.
BFBC = Best ingame audio I've seen yet.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

M.O.A.B wrote:

Volatile wrote:

lolwut

re-read that
HaiBai
The Battlefield Like You Have Never Seen Before!
The Playstation Blog has a post today by Gordon Van Dyke along with 3 new Battlefield 1943 screenshots.
This is Gordon Van Dyke, Producer on the online multiplayer, first-person-shooter title, Battlefield 1943. This downloadable title for the PSN will take you back to the WWII Pacific Theater in a way never before seen, this June on the PLAYSTATION 3 for only $15! You’ll enjoy three amazing locations with Iwo Jima, Wake Island, and Guadalcanal letting you pilot and drive a variety of airplanes, tanks, and transport vehicles to help you win the battle.

https://i42.tinypic.com/2r43lvm.jpg

Today is a really exciting day, first it’s Walpurgis Night here in Sweden celebrating the start of summer’s approach with bonfires, yes I said bonfires, and this is done all over the country. It is quite the sight to see from atop the DICE studio. Another really exciting thing for me today is the release of the Battlefield 1943 trailer for the first time on PSN (later today) and seeing it in full glory on my PS3.

Now before you watch the video, imagine with me flying your Corsair airplane over the tropical Wake Island engaged in a dogfight with a Japanese Zero, you take him down and notice your squad mate’s tank about to be flanked by the enemy in another tank. You quickly bank to the left, swoop down, and drop two bombs perfectly on the enemy, saving your friend and helping him capture a critical control point.

https://i40.tinypic.com/24opoo9.jpg

https://i42.tinypic.com/mkga5t.jpg

After watching the video, I’m sure you will have a lot of questions about the game so instead of guessing, fire away! I’ll be around for as long as I can to answer them in the comment section. Thanks for taking the time to read this, now write your questions or just give a shout out! :-)

I can beat up Ashton, follow me on Twitter.

Source

Last edited by HaiBai (2009-05-01 14:41:04)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Poseidon wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Volatile wrote:

lolwut

re-read that
I have the power to see sound. Very rare.
Sisco
+493|6335

HaiBai wrote:

The Battlefield Like You Have Never Seen Before!
Now before you watch the video, imagine with me flying your Corsair airplane over the tropical Wake Island engaged in a dogfight with a Japanese Zero, you take him down and notice your squad mate’s tank about to be flanked by the enemy in another tank. You quickly bank to the left, swoop down, and drop two bombs perfectly on the enemy, saving your friend and helping him capture a critical control point.
lol, let me rephrase that one so it sounds like playing battlefield...

The ghost of Battlefield's past wrote:

Imagine with me flying your Corsair airplane over the tropical Wake Island engaged in a dogfight with a Japanese Zero, which according to tradition is overpowered and pwns your ass. Anyways, the noob will try to ram you instead of shooting you, you take him down and notice your squad mate’s tank about to be flanked by the enemy in another tank. You quickly bank to the left, swoop down, and drop two bombs perfectly on the teammate who tried to assist in taking down the enemy tank before crashing your plane right ontop of your squadmates tank. Punishing both for the teamkill,you saved your enemy and helped them capture a critical control point. After calling your commander a noob you ragequit. Good times!

Last edited by Sisco10 (2009-05-01 12:26:28)

HaiBai
Battlefield 1943 Interview - AtomicGamer
Atomicgamer recently sat down with Battlefield 1943 Producer, Gordon Van Dyke explaining the overall gist of the game.
It was recently announced that EA's and DICE's download-only FPS Battlefield 1943 will have 360 and PS3 owners marching back to the front line this June (PC players needn't lace their combat boots up until September) for a wallet-friendly fifteen dollars. With its WWII-based 24-player battles unfolding in just under two months, we thought it the perfect time to talk to the title's producer Gordon Van Dyke to find out if this latest entry, in a series that defined multiplayer combat for many a mouse-and-keyboard commando, was worth climbing out of our foxholes for.

AtomicGamer: For the new recruits out there, especially those being introduced to the Battlefield experience for the first time through their 360s and PS3s, can you tell us what 1943 is all about?

https://i42.tinypic.com/iofa4i.jpg

Gordon Van Dyke: At its core it's a Battlefield game, an accessible game that we're delivering in an arcade fashion. We wanted to emphasize the accessibility, so you'll access it through a download, jump in, and everything just comes to you... it quickly gets you in the action. They'll be a ranking system, awards, all the stuff you'd get with a Battlefield game, like you got in Bad Company and 2142, all delivered in an arcade fashion.

AG: Many current-gen gamers' only experience with a Battlefield game is Bad Company. What can those folks expect from 1943?

GVD: It'll be a really easy transition into this game, and I think they'll find this game's pacing is a lot quicker. In making 1943, we did take feedback from fans of Bad Company, and tried to take what they did and didn't like into account. Console guys are gonna get an improved squad system—something PC players already take for granted—so you be able to create a squad and invite buddies into your squad...we really wanted to improve the experience of playing with your friends. For the first time, we've introduced the private match system using the Frostbyte engine, so people are going to be able create their own private matches and play with their buddies...that experience is really enhanced.

AG: Now, how about the more seasoned Battlefield fans — with fewer maps than its predecessor and the elimination of the anti-armor class, many of them see this as a much more casual game. Is there any added depth to the combat that maybe makes up for these omissions?

GVD: Yes, you're definitely going to experience a much faster pace than what you got in 1942. And, I wouldn't call it “casual”, but more accessible than 1942 you really had to know your first-person shooters and invest a lot of time to learn everything. We haven't removed the learning curve, but we've refined it and made it less intimidating.

AG: Were there any specific complaints fans of 1942 voiced that you made a point to address in 1943?

GVD: Well, with this game we're not trying to make a true successor to 1942, so we wanted to leave that open. The main goal with 1943 was to make a Battlefield game that really highlighted the essence of Battlefield, which are these great Battlefield moments — these crazy scenarios you can create... the sheer volume of things that can happen and what you can do in the game: You can fly an airplane, you can parachute out of the airplane, you can shoot someone while you're parachuting. Or you can drive a tank, jump out right before someone destroys it, and go get the guy who destroyed it by hitting him over the head with a wrench. The amount of things you can do is endless.

AG: With Battlefield: Heroes also on the way, do you think both games can co-exist on the PC? And, are there any plans for any sort of added value for PC gamers playing both games?

GVD: I really can't answer the second part right now as it really hasn't come up... that might be a good idea, though. But as far as them co-existing, I'd say “absolutely.” Both games really deliver their own unique experience; Heroes is free-to-play, it's a third-person perspective, and it really focuses on your character and their abilities — building a unique look and being more individual. 1943 is going to be a true first-person shooter, and it's more reflective of the core Battlefield experience from 1942, and we're really focusing on the Battlefield moments in a first-person perspective. If you played 1942, this one will feel nostalgic, but also a fresh game. Especially, now you can finally drive your Sherman tank through fences and trees.

AG: Many 1942 players would agree that the small arms combat — from aiming to the hit feedback — could use improvement. Does the new engine running 1943 allow for more visceral, solid feeling combat?

https://i41.tinypic.com/287kfbr.jpg

GVD: Yes, absolutely. That's always a focus regardless of whether or not we were using a new engine. Those are things you always try and improve on...they're so important to any FPS. You want consistency, you want things to behave the way the player intends for them to behave, so there's absolutely been improvements made in those areas. I know people are going to see those, and it will tangible.

AG: Why are you guys going the download route?

GVD: We really wanted to make it accessible, plus WWII has been done so much we really wanted to deliver a really focused version that wouldn't overwhelm consumers, but give them the Battlefield experience, delivering it to the console players in a new way. And to do it in a way that's exciting because they're getting such a full experience, and one that's the quality that they'd normally pay a retail price for.

AG: Any plans to continue using this download model to support 1943 with additional maps and modes?

GVD: Absolutely. We're keeping our options open. At DICE we're really trying to listen the community and what they crave. Even if we don't directly respond, we do read as much as possible and absorb as much as we can, so we can be aware of what our fanbase is looking for.

Thanks to DICE's Gordon Van Dyke for the chance to grill him about Battlefield 1943. Look for it this June on 360 and PS3, and expect to see it on PC with extra features this September.

Also, check out this picture of the music sheets posted on the BF1943 twitter. Our friends at BF-Games noticed some interesting pictures hanging on the wall, which depict a desert like scene. You can see it right behind the first guy holding up the music sheets.
https://i39.tinypic.com/hs3osx.jpg

Here is the Battlefield 1943 sheet music for the composer that couldn't even completely unfold in our team's room!
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6634|can

HaiBai wrote:

an accessible game

HaiBai wrote:

more accessible than 1942 you really had to know your first-person shooters and invest a lot of time to learn everything. We haven't removed the learning curve, but we've refined it and made it less intimidating.
https://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

TrashBlinD wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

an accessible game

HaiBai wrote:

more accessible than 1942 you really had to know your first-person shooters and invest a lot of time to learn everything. We haven't removed the learning curve, but we've refined it and made it less intimidating.
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg
yeah, we made a game that's just as easy when you pick it up as when you stop playing, the next day.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard