Limewire IS shit.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6373|West NY
Cabos ftw...
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6862|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Torrenting for me, I would get a usenet account but with my shitty connection (1mbps) it's simply not worth the money, at all. I bought a rapidshare account for 3 months last year, and had my friend use it with his superior speed and then got it with an external HD.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

max wrote:

You gotta set it up in your client first. Most likely there'll be a checkbox in the server settings. Usually you'd also have to change the port to 563 (I think at least - Check the XSnews site)
What client are you using max?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6586|NYC / Hamburg

Newsbin pro. I won a copy a long time ago. Been using it ever since and it's been serving me well in the last decade. Unless you know a better one?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
bf2gammer
+14|6239
ISP's dont monitor everything. The way they find you is they download the torrent and see who is hosting it, than they contact your ISP and say this IP is doing THIS and you need to do THIS. It would be impossible for an ISP to sniff every packet and log it.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

max wrote:

Newsbin pro. I won a copy a long time ago. Been using it ever since and it's been serving me well in the last decade. Unless you know a better one?
I've used Grabit for ages. It's free and it does the job . I used newsleecher for a bit but I didn't see anything overly impressive about it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5832

Kmarion wrote:

max wrote:

I've used Grabit for ages. It's free and it does the job . I used newsleecher for a bit but I didn't see anything overly impressive about it.
You can set download speed per hour in newsleecher. So from 9 in the morning till 11 in the evening download speed is on 50% so my brother has some internets to .

I also like the automatic pausing of par files, and it has some other nice options .
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6620|132 and Bush

']['error.V2 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

max wrote:

You can set download speed per hour in newsleecher. So from 9 in the morning till 11 in the evening download speed is on 50% so my brother has some internets to .

I also like the automatic pausing of par files, and it has some other nice options .
I'm not interested in slowing things down..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6586|NYC / Hamburg

That's why we have QoS
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5948|NY/CT
Quantum of Solace
herrr_smity
+156|6647|space command ur anus
spotify FTW
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6569|CH/BR - in UK

herrr_smity wrote:

spotify FTW
Agreed!

-kon
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6373|West NY

herrr_smity wrote:

spotify FTW
Uh, beta.
GR34
+215|6564|ALBERTA> CANADA
use utorrent + pirate bay or demonoid i  might be able to scrounge u up a key
1.5 sucks
Banned
+11|5503|locked in myke's basement

konfusion wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

spotify FTW
Agreed!

-kon
Just out of interest, what bitrate/codecs does spotify use?

Anyway, other than the usenet people + uzique, zimmer, and DU, you're all n00bs, lrn2pirate properly plz
<-

Last edited by 1.5 sucks (2009-04-22 17:05:38)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6646|UK

1.5 sucks wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/post.php?tid=121 … id=2557295
1.5 sucks
Banned

liquidat0r wrote:

1.5 sucks wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/post.php?tid=121 … id=2557295
ogg q5 isn't so bad, I suppose, ogg's supposed to do better than most other codecs at low bitrates.

Still not great however.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6664

Freezer7Pro wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

nah its semi-handy if you just want a single song fairly fast, for ringtones and the like.
I can get a single song faster and better using RS or a torrent.
I agree Torrents are the future
Brasso
+1,549|6649

Zimmer wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

If you want a single song then you find a torrent that has that song, and choose not to download the rest of the contents of the torrent. Easy.
This man has some common sense.

Or you download the fucking album. I hate it when I scroll through peoples mp3s and find they have 700 artists, each with one of their songs. FUCK.

Leave limewire whilst you can. It's horrendous and shit. It's also highly illegal, whereas the other methods are in the legal grey areas, limewire is just ILLEGAL.
i usually download the whole album as Zimmer suggested.  i like listening to the works as they were intended by the artist: full through, from the beginning.  then i throw it in shuffle and mix it up.

but if i need a single song (like i did for a spanish project), i do what liq said.  with utorrent it's very simple to just check what you need and uncheck what you don't.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
jsnipy
+3,276|6541|...

wow this thread is still open
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6213|Schofield Barracks
im downloading stuff on limewire now. out of at least 5 years of using it ive never had a virus.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6347

Wait until FM gets here.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
1.5 sucks
Banned

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

im downloading stuff on limewire now. out of at least 5 years of using it ive never had a virus.
It's perfectly possible to use limewire without getting viruses/trojans/malware etc - the only requirement is an IQ greater than 70!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard