CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6515
hello st. louis say hello to a playoff spot.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6661
Shhhhhh you're gonna jinx it!  Although if they beat Columbus at home, it will probably be a lock, because I can see the Preds losing at least 1 more with their schedule.

Let's go Blues!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6545|Long Island, New York
Fuck Nashville and the Gaylord Entertainment Center. Or do they not play there anymore?

But yeah, I'm happy for the Blues. I always love a Cinderella story. Now let's see who they play - Calgary, Detroit or San Jose?

Also: @ the Islanders epic tank job tonight. Fucking hilarious. Normally I'd be sulking, but considering I believe it clinched us last place, I'm ecstatic. Tavares/Hedman/Duchene here we come.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6661
Kariya has been skating and working out after having surgery on both hips earlier this year...management has said he plans on coming back in the playoffs. 

Things might be falling into place - our offense is pretty awsm right now, and Mason is playing outstanding (thanks, Nashville), but I'm just scared the defense will break down and/or the offensive output will drop below what the defense can prevent, which would kill us vs. the Sharks or Wings.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
@ avatar - April 14th draft lottery gogogogogo
CanadianLoser
+1,148|6515

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Kariya has been skating and working out after having surgery on both hips earlier this year...management has said he plans on coming back in the playoffs. 

Things might be falling into place - our offense is pretty awsm right now, and Mason is playing outstanding (thanks, Nashville), but I'm just scared the defense will break down and/or the offensive output will drop below what the defense can prevent, which would kill us vs. the Sharks or Wings.
Kariya is my favourite fuck if he comes back i will be so happpppppy
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6661
I hope Tavares goes to the East, as I don't want his skills rubbed in my face anymore than necessary.  I love Ovechkin, but would hate it if he was on a team the Blues played more than once/twice a season, and Tavares probably falls in the same category.

Plus, a lot of the Blues' current top rookies are players that were drafted near the end of the 1st round, so it's really not all that disconcerting that we'll miss out on the biggest names of this year's crop of talent.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

I hope Tavares goes to the East, as I don't want his skills rubbed in my face anymore than necessary.  I love Ovechkin, but would hate it if he was on a team the Blues played more than once/twice a season, and Tavares probably falls in the same category.

Plus, a lot of the Blues' current top rookies are players that were drafted near the end of the 1st round, so it's really not all that disconcerting that we'll miss out on the biggest names of this year's crop of talent.
Oh, he will...He'll be going to the Islanders.

Don't you worry.

Although I'd definitely take Hedman instead. Mostly because I have a feeling the Islanders are going to throw a shitload of money to the Sedin brothers.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6538|Boston, MA

Poseidon wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Can't believe we fkin lost!
because you and your new coach fucking SUCK, your whole city should be nuked. okay that's harsh, but you guys still suck

why couldn't you be like the Penguins

they fire Therrien and look at them now, they're fucking riding hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
That's because the Penguins were smart enough to replace their coach with another coach.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6769

Columbus 4, Chicago 3, SO

yes Jim..we are talking aboot playoffs.  aboot damn time tbh.
Roc18
`
+655|5798|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Nice comeback
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6481|6 6 4 oh, I forget

usmarine wrote:

Columbus 4, Chicago 3, SO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

yes Jim..we are talking aboot playoffs.  aboot damn time tbh.
w00t!
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6646|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Wot st louis is making the playoffs!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Andoura wrote:

I know. I'm so happy for them. I hope they get 7th place because I'm rooting for the Blues, Sharks and Caps to go as far as they all possibly can.

A Sharks-Caps or a Sharks-Boston Stanley Cup matchup would be so entertaining.
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6322|Canada BC
Nucks-Caps matchup would be the best.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6646|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Montreal-Shark for the cup, and montreal wins it in 6!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Andoura wrote:

Montreal-Shark for the cup, and montreal wins it in 6!
hurrrrrrrrr
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6179|New Austin, Not
FUCK YOU EDMONTON

Goddamn Nucks will probably take the Northwest Division now...
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6538|Boston, MA

Poseidon wrote:

Andoura wrote:

I know. I'm so happy for them. I hope they get 7th place because I'm rooting for the Blues, Sharks and Caps to go as far as they all possibly can.

Hate to break it to you but offense doesn't win championships. And when they have no goaltending, they won't even get deep so you can rule out Washington.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2009-04-11 06:05:22)

CanadianLoser
+1,148|6515

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Hate to break it to you but offense doesn't win championships. And when they have no goaltending, they won't even get deep so you can rule out Washington.
truth.  Defense wins championships. 

Also, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT St. Louis is in the playoffs

now all we need is to have kariya comeback
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Their defense isn't bad. It's not amazing, but it's not bad.

Mike Green reminds me a lot of Mark Streit. Offensive, but he can play very well defensively as well.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6538|Boston, MA
Oh boy, Bruins vs Habs again in the playoffs. Time to shut their fans up! Not the ones here because they actually seem pretty cool. The Habs fans that lurk other message boards drive me nuts sometimes with their nonsense.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6179|New Austin, Not
Goddamn it, so much for taking the Northwest division. If only the Canucks lost earlier fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Looks like the playoffs will be:

Boston vs. Montreal
Washington vs. New York Rangers
New Jersey vs. Carolina
Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh

San Jose vs. Anaheim
Detroit vs. St. Louis
Vancouver vs. Columbus
Chicago vs. Calgary

I'm gonna go with: Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh, Carolina, San Jose, St. Louis (dunno why, just a hunch), Columbus, Chicago

It actually would be St. Louis vs. San Jose right now, but St. Louis has one more game to play and it's against Colorado...and winning that would put them in 7th. Considering Colorado this season, I'd say it's safe to say they'll be winning that game. If not...have fun in the playoffs.
skipper2666
Go Canucks Go!
+13|6322|Canada BC

Rohirm wrote:

Goddamn it, so much for taking the Northwest division. If only the Canucks lost earlier fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Go Canucks!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard