AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah, passengers should be allowed fire arms on an aircraft. hahaha oh wow.
Yes, much better to remain helpless while they fly you into a building.
The thought had occurred to me that it could have been worse, by say, letting the terrorists bring guns onto a plane.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah, passengers should be allowed fire arms on an aircraft. hahaha oh wow.
The thought had occurred to me that it could have been worse, by say, letting the terrorists bring guns onto a plane.
Really? You think it could been worse by the terrorists having a gun? What were they gunna do, kill everyone before they killed everyone?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Really? You think it could been worse by the terrorists having a gun? What were they gunna do, kill everyone before they killed everyone?
You seem to be forgetting that one aircraft was brought down. And had terrorists been allowed guns onto a plane, I'm sure you would've seen more than an attack on Sep 11, where even you would have to admit the terrorists got lucky.

Air marshals with guns on a plane makes sense. Arming every john doe in the hope he doesn't shoot into the pilots cabin for example in an attempt to bring down a bad guy does not.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5589|Vacationland
Um I'm not so sure you wanna go having a shoot out in a moving airplane, you know with the pressurized and packed full of people thing
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5603|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Narupug wrote:

Um I'm not so sure you wanna go having a shoot out in a moving airplane, you know with the pressurized and packed full of people thing
It all depends on where the bullets land.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/gun-on … /printable
You just don't want to hit windows or fuel tanks basically.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

You seem to be forgetting that one aircraft was brought down. And had terrorists been allowed guns onto a plane, I'm sure you would've seen more than an attack on Sep 11, where even you would have to admit the terrorists got lucky.

Air marshals with guns on a plane makes sense. Arming every john doe in the hope he doesn't shoot into the pilots cabin for example in an attempt to bring down a bad guy does not.
I am not going to argue that everyone on a plane should be armed. I will say I understand the intended message of that cartoon, and I agree with it.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5589|Vacationland

nickb64 wrote:

Narupug wrote:

Yeah the windows, though mythbusters tested and it's kinda unlikely for explosive decompression, the fueltanks, and your fellow passengers
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Logic does not dictate law.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Why? Better yet, what does dictate law?
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5589|Vacationland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The mob, the majority or whatever you want the call it, does . At least these days it does
nickb64

Narupug wrote:

nickb64 wrote:

Narupug wrote:

Yeah the windows, though mythbusters tested and it's kinda unlikely for explosive decompression, the fueltanks, and your fellow passengers
Fellow passengers(non terrorists) was kind of a DUH statement.
Also:
https://www.buttkickersanonymous.com/images/The%20Theory%20of%20DUH.gif
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6510|Montucky

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

money.
nickb64

S3v3N wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

money.
Sad but true.^^^
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon
i have great gun control, thank you very much.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command

Parker wrote:

i have great gun control, thank you very much.
I need to have my sights adjusted.
Packing is hard on guns tbh.

oh, hai parker.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

OF course gun control doesn't work once the guns are already out there.  You need to begin with a minimal number of guns in society in order to limit that number and who uses them - if it's commonplace, then one might as well just leave it as it is.

It's also very socially/culturally/public viewpoint related.  If the people want guns to be restricted, you won't have a problem doing so.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-04-03 00:05:19)

Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ATG wrote:

I need to have my sights adjusted.
grenade launcher shootin' kinda funny? 

how's it goin parker?  make any bitches in the county lockup?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
Please stop posting stupid cartoons.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

FatherTed wrote:

Why should he? They tell us a lot about his personality and web browsing habits/social network.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum

Flecco wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Why should he? They tell us a lot about his personality and web browsing habits/social network.
Ha
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6657|NT, like Mick Dundee

FatherTed wrote:

Flecco wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Ha
History 101.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

some_random_panda wrote:

OF course gun control doesn't work once the guns are already out there.  You need to begin with a minimal number of guns in society in order to limit that number and who uses them - if it's commonplace, then one might as well just leave it as it is.

It's also very socially/culturally/public viewpoint related.  If the people want guns to be restricted, you won't have a problem doing so.
Ohhhhhhhhh ya mean kinda how making drugs illegal keeps drugs off of the street. Yeah should work just fine
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6382

lowing wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Ohhhhhhhhh ya mean kinda how making drugs illegal keeps drugs off of the street. Yeah should work just fine
Drugs are completely unrelated to guns, lowing - for starters, they tend to be made by unregistered organisations that don't exactly have to be held accountable for the sale of their merchandise.  I wasn't even arguing that guns should have been made illegal.  Or did you post without actually reading in completion?

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-04-03 05:22:20)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock

Mitch wrote:

Your walking down the street and 2 dudes walk up behind you, throw you in the nearest alley and start beating you up and taking your shit.
And now they have your gun. And shoot you. And they still have your gun.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

some_random_panda wrote:

lowing wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Drugs are completely unrelated to guns, lowing - for starters, they tend to be made by unregistered organisations that don't exactly have to be held accountable for the sale of their merchandise.  I wasn't even arguing that guns should have been made illegal.  Or did you post without actually reading in completion?
No I read it, and you said "OF course gun control doesn't work once the guns are already out there." I took this as to mean once you have made guns hard to get then you have better control over who has them and who uses them....Once you make drugs hard to get, you have better control over who has them and who uses them. There is a parallel and it shows that mentality does not work.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard