cpt.fass2
+1|6648
Well I was just looking for "man" because God didn't write them and if he did why hasn't he writing any new books?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6713|Canberra, AUS

cpt.fass2 wrote:

But who wrote the bible? and translated it through all these years?
A lot of random people. Few of which actually saw what they were writing about (the gospels in the new testament were STARTED 30 years after Jesus' death!)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6876

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Horseman 77 wrote:

Democrat turned Communist Elected President of United States of America in (1992)
Republican turned Nazi....(2000-TBD).....and its ok.
thank god
dubbs
+105|6671|Lexington, KY

cpt.fass2 wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Marconius wrote:

"Islamic law" = theocratic laws.  Though they have been removed from power, Afghanistan remains in a radical Islamic state.
Yea, and this is proof that Islam is a violant religion.  Think of how may deaths we would have in the US, if we killed people who did not belive in Chrisianity (say what you want, the US was built upon Christian idaea and laws)?  It is also proof that Islam is a religion that does not what to share the religious spotlight.
The US was not built on Christian ideas provide proof? If it was I don't belive that there would be a seperation of church and state?
The referered to the Bible for answers to most of their questions.  Most of our laws are based on the Ten Commandments, some of the core values for both Jewish and Christian.  There are multiple building in Washington, DC that have Bible quotes on them.  At almost every Congress meeting there is a Christian prayer said.  One of the first goverment officals hired by the US was a preacher to pray at the Congress meetings when creating the Constitution.  Most of the US forefathers were Christian. 

Also, where does it say in the Constitution or Bill of Rights that there should be a werperation of church and state?  It says that government should not favor one religion over another religion, and the government can not control any religion.  Here is that amendment:

U.S. Constitution - Amendment 1
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Below are some quotes by US Forefathers:

Patrick Henry wrote: "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great Nation was founded not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For that reason alone, people of other faiths have been afforded freedom of worship here."

President Adams said, "The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: "It connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682
why is the sky blue?

because god loves the infantry
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6733|San Francisco
Ah great, the whole "US was founded on christianity" argument...I don't have time right now to bring up my arguments against this idea (I've had this discussion so many times, I might as well just copy and save my discussion transcripts to post later on), but I'll do it when I get home.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6682
Allah Ackbar
Spark
+874|6713|Canberra, AUS

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Allah Ackbar
Um...

'Yes, I've had too much redball'
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6815|Kansas, USA
The point of this post was to show the hypocrisy in all of the talk about Islam being the religion of peace. I am an agnostic, but "most" of what I see from Christian/jewish organizations is "love thy neighbor" kind of talk. Yes, there are those who are closed minded and hateful, but they are the exception. And contrary to what some people may believe, the religious right does not rule this country. Are there some who whish it did, of course. But there are just as many radical liberals who want their beliefs to be the norm.

This was not supposed to be another discussion about politics and religion in the US. It was supposed to be about how the "religion of peace" condones killing people for not believing what they believe. Some people have defended the riots and killings by muslims when some papers ran cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed, because they said those papers were disrespecting their religion. Wouldn't ACTUALLY KILLING SOMEONE FOR THEIR RELIGIONS BELIEF be disrespecting their religion?

As I said before, this is a country that is proposing this punishment, not a radical terrorist group.

Last edited by Psycho (2006-03-25 11:18:32)

coldfyre99
+-2|6667
And this is the reason I am an athiest.  So lovely to see a major religion based on hatred and intolerance.  No wonder you see people converting to islam, but never back again.  Anyone wonder how many there would be if they were not threatened with death if they left the fold of the faithful?  My guess is that there would be no where near as many, that is why they need the death threat to keep them in.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6718
It's a shame Bushes Democracy isn't the same as Kharzais democracy .
Spark
+874|6713|Canberra, AUS
I invite all parties to go out on the street, find a Muslim and talk to him about anything.

Chances are he hates the extemists as much as you do.
~ Richard Feynman
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6810|Atlanta, GA USA
If that is the case, why don't we hear moderate muslims standing up and decrying what the extremists are doing?  That is my biggest problem with the "religion of peace."  I'll just quote Neal Boortz:
* Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia.  A Christian school.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.  No Muslim outrage.
    * A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India.  Kills six.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia.  Muslims shoot children in the back.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Let's go way back.  Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses.  Over 700 are injured.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons.  No Muslim outrage
    * Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge.  No Muslim outrage.
    * Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed.  Muslims are outraged.

Dead children.  Dead tourists.  Dead teachers.  Dead doctors and nurses.  Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6815|Kansas, USA

atlvolunteer wrote:

If that is the case, why don't we hear moderate muslims standing up and decrying what the extremists are doing?  That is my biggest problem with the "religion of peace."  I'll just quote Neal Boortz:
To further your point: There is an extremist religious group here in Kansas who believes that soldiers killed in Iraq is God's punishment for America condoning homosexuality and they go to the soldier's funerals in protest. They display banners like "God hates Fags" and "Thank God for IEDs". You can read more about it in this post.

However, there is a HUGE outrage by the larger, moderate religious community. Not a day goes by that I don't see a letter to the editor in the newspaper condemning the actions of this group. People are calling upon their local and state representatives to try and pass laws to prevent this group from picketing at funerals. Unfortunately, no laws will be passed because their speech, no matter how distastefull, is protected under the 1st Ammendment.

As for the Mulim riots over the cartoons, I saw several letters to the editor from Muslim-Americans who were sympathetic if not outright condoning their actions. I don't recall any from a person claiming to be a Muslim who spoke out against the riots.

Last edited by Psycho (2006-03-26 00:24:24)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6876

Spark wrote:

I invite all parties to go out on the street, find a Muslim and talk to him about anything.

Chances are he hates the extemists as much as you do.
This has been my experience. Almost every recent immigrant loves the USA and is so excited to be here.

These people have always been the Backbone of our Country. I always try to be very accommodating and helpful to them.

" The worst of sins is to dampen enthusiasm. "

Me
The Bartenders Son
+42|6732|online

cpt.fass2 wrote:

But who wrote the bible? and translated it through all these years?
Every one knows that.. Moses and the aliens did duh...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard