blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
Liam Hoekstra was hanging upside down by his feet when he performed an inverted sit-up, his shirt falling away to expose rippled abdominal muscles.

It was a display of raw power one might expect to see from an Olympic gymnast.

Liam is 19 months old.

But this precocious, 22-pound boy with coffee-colored skin, curly hair and washboard abs is far from a typical toddler."He could do the iron cross when he was 5 months old," said his adoptive mother, Dana Hoekstra of Roosevelt Park. She was referring to a difficult gymnastics move in which a male athlete suspends himself by his arms between two hanging rings, forming the shape of a cross.

"I would hold him up by his hands and he would lift himself into an iron cross. That's when we were like, 'Whoa, this is weird,'" Hoekstra said.Liam has a rare genetic condition called myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy, or muscle enlargement. The condition promotes above-normal growth of the skeletal muscles; it doesn't affect the heart and has no known negative side effects, according to experts.

Liam has the kind of physical attributes that bodybuilders and other athletes dream about: 40 percent more muscle mass than normal, jaw-dropping strength, breathtaking quickness, a speedy metabolism and almost no body fat.

In fitness buffs' terms, the kid is ripped.

"We call him The Hulk, Hercules, the Terminator," his mother said.Liam can run like the wind, has the agility of a cat, lifts pieces of furniture that most children his age couldn't push across a slick floor and eats like there is no tomorrow -- without gaining weight.

"He's hungry for a full meal about every hour because of his rapid metabolism," Dana Hoekstra said. "He's already eating me out of house and home."

For Liam's parents, the most pressing challenge is feeding the boy enough protein every day to fuel his body's high-performance motor. The wiry but muscular toddler eats six full meals per day and still struggles to gain weight.( OMG this kid eats a lot!! next Sampson)

Dr. Larson, the first physician to suspect Liam had myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy, said he was amazed by the toddler's strength.

"He was able to grab both of my hands and nearly do an iron cross," Dr. Larson said. "This is not something that happens for most men, ever, and here is this kid with this kind of power."

Larson said Liam's strength gives him a huge edge over other children, physically and in terms of self-confidence.

"When you've got that kind of power and that kind of strength, the world is open to you," Larson said. "He's agile because he's so strong -- when you've got that incredible power as a kid you're going to try a lot more things."

Liam's father, a die-hard University of Michigan fan, already is dreaming big things for his adopted son.

"I want him to be a football player. He could be the next Michael Hart," Neil Hoekstra said, referring to U-M's star running back.

read teh rest if interested

Last edited by blademaster (2009-03-31 12:11:26)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Jaysus! Its superman!
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5749|Croatia
I could still kick his ass
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

blah wrote:

I could still kick his ass
yea now, wait till he grows up hahaha
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6576|London
will be interesting to see what happens if he does pursue a career in sports
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5564|Stoke, England
I could do it at that age as well, it's just that my parents weren't stupid enough to let me hang upside down when I was 19 months old
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6597|Toronto-Canada
six pack pic or gtfo
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
Wait till he starts eating those McDonalds happy meals.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
This is the kid.
https://blog.mlive.com/chronicle/news_impact/2009/01/large_01liam_hoekstra2.jpg
https://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/06/08/baby_hulk_liam_hoekstra_means_bus_2.jpg
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
I wish I had that condition. I'd be even more epic at sport
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

bennisboy wrote:

yeah the kid has no body fat except his cheeks
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6264
Future NFL Lineman?
wensleydale8
+81|6771|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire

loubot wrote:

https://healthcare.zdnet.com/images/fat-kits-eating-mcdonalds.jpg
Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6274

wensleydale8 wrote:

loubot wrote:

http://healthcare.zdnet.com/images/fat- … onalds.jpg
i always lol at this pic. its like someone pumped air into the kid. Like in the cartoons.
His fingers alone can be served as sausages.. or frog legs!

on topic... hes gonna get all the chicks in school
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black
He doesn't look that awesome from the videos. Just looks like a normal hyperactive kid.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6686|Espoo, Finland
Something's horribly wrong with that video..
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

wensleydale8 wrote:

loubot wrote:

http://healthcare.zdnet.com/images/fat- … onalds.jpg
https://www.berrimilla.com/tng/uploaded_images/Michelinman-753287.jpg

Future career
Wreckognize
+294|6486
That kid is gonna get so much pussy when he's older.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6596|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
perfect warrior, if trained properly.
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland

blademaster wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

yeah the kid has no body fat except his cheeks
Neither do i, except I have no muscle hypertrophy condition
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6001|Vortex Ring State
Crazy... It's like natural steroids. Probably will die young though, cause of natural factors.
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland

fermatx wrote:

Crazy... It's like natural steroids. Probably will die young though, cause of natural factors.
"no known negative side affects"
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

bennisboy wrote:

fermatx wrote:

so he gonna something spectacular down the line
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland

blademaster wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

fermatx wrote:

so he gonna something spectacular down the line
like yo mamma?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Hulk is a misnomer, more like V tbh.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard