NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6339|Atlanta, Georgia
We put 500 rounds through ours and it didn't jam one time. It's flawless and dead on. Either of them can be just as deadly as one another, just depends on who's pulling the trigger.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

Given that I have no RL experience with assault rifles at all and have only used low-mid calibre bolt actions I'm gonna have to judge on looks.

Tbh HK makes better looking guns. Like Docta said though, the A3 > your face. Tavor isn't bad either.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
So........I guess he was wrong to go ahead and massacre his family (partly) over such an argument
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
gs i hope your better irl with an m16 than you are on cod4. cause you fucking sucked at that game.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
GS was a vehicle whore IRL

25mm high explosive armour piercing penetrating (giggity) sabot and all that shit

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-03-30 14:15:37)

Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5573|The Wild West
I was a SAW gunner most my time in the infantry
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6471|Kakanien
german engineering ftw!

just to add some fuel in the fire
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

Man With No Name wrote:

I was a SAW gunner most my time in the infantry
u sucked at that on cod too.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin
Bushmaster ACR anyone?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5997|Vortex Ring State
Let's take a nice SANE semi-unbiased look at this topic...

M16/M4:

Direct-impingement gas operation.
M16A1 jammed a lot in Vietnam. M16A2, slightly better. Still jammed in Iraq. M16A4, high confidence, but still some jams. 1964–present, 45 years. adoption rate: ~1.8 countries/year
M4A1, jammed a lot in Iraq. Lower confidence. Performed the worst in a dust test.
Currently, the M16 is in use by 15 NATO countries and more than 80 countries world wide.

And just for lolz

"As a full length battle rifle, the M16 is seen as an offensive weapon by the civilians, non-governmental organization (NGO) personnel, and CPA personnel with whom the CA teams work in meetings and in street contacts. This often sends an unintended and undesired hostile message from the teams. In contrast, an M4, with its more compact size, is likelier to be viewed as a more defensive weapon and less intimidating."

G36/HK416:
Piston Gas Operation
Almost no combat record of jams. Better than M4 on dust test. Used by 34 countries worldwide. 1997–present, 12 years. Adoption rate: 2.8 countries/year.
Also used by most "Elite" units (SAS, SBS, KSK, 1st SFOD, etc.). Successfully used by these units, on various raids in Iraq and Afghanistan.

My interpretaton:
The G36 is a better weapon. I think most people here who have served with the M16/M4 prefer it because they were trained with it and are comfortable with it. Good for them. However, due to the fact that the M16 uses a direct impingement gas operation, it jams more easily, and is therefore less reliable. Cleaning WILL solve this problem. But the fact that the "elite" units use the HK weapons puts an interesting spin on this. One would assume that they would have a lot of time to clean their rifles. If the M16/M4 was truly better if it was cleaned regularly, why don't they use it? To add, the M16's magazines probably are not causing the problem. Conversion kits exist and are in use for the G36 that allow M16 magazines to be used, and and problems have not been reported...

Whew... Long... Post....
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5976|Blue Mountain State
SAS seem to really like M4s and M16s. Besides MP5s, I see more pics of SAS guys with M4s than any other weapon.

Last edited by 1stSFOD-Delta (2009-03-30 16:41:36)

https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6643

henno13 wrote:

phishman420 wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … USP_45.jpg

a challenger appears

and this tops both the G36 and M16:
https://www.evotactical.com/images/m4-sopmod-poster.jpg
damn wish they had that on bf2 where they would let u customize ur weapons by adding like 20 or 30 different parts to it or choosing which ones to add and which ones to take off.
thtthht
maximum bullshit
+50|6328|teh alien spaceshit
The m4/m16 is a hell of a weapon. Personally, I didn't have much experience with it myself, but from the few rounds I fired, the gun seemed excellent. Also, My 7th grade social studies teacher, who is a former us army infantryman, said his m16 never ever jammed. You just have to clean the gun well and it'll serve you well.
Ioan92
+337|5720

fermatx wrote:

Let's take a nice SANE semi-unbiased look at this topic...

M16/M4:

Direct-impingement gas operation.
M16A1 jammed a lot in Vietnam. M16A2, slightly better. Still jammed in Iraq. M16A4, high confidence, but still some jams. 1964–present, 45 years. adoption rate: ~1.8 countries/year
M4A1, jammed a lot in Iraq. Lower confidence. Performed the worst in a dust test.
Currently, the M16 is in use by 15 NATO countries and more than 80 countries world wide.

And just for lolz

"As a full length battle rifle, the M16 is seen as an offensive weapon by the civilians, non-governmental organization (NGO) personnel, and CPA personnel with whom the CA teams work in meetings and in street contacts. This often sends an unintended and undesired hostile message from the teams. In contrast, an M4, with its more compact size, is likelier to be viewed as a more defensive weapon and less intimidating."

G36/HK416:
Piston Gas Operation
Almost no combat record of jams. Better than M4 on dust test. Used by 34 countries worldwide. 1997–present, 12 years. Adoption rate: 2.8 countries/year.
Also used by most "Elite" units (SAS, SBS, KSK, 1st SFOD, etc.). Successfully used by these units, on various raids in Iraq and Afghanistan.

My interpretaton:
The G36 is a better weapon. I think most people here who have served with the M16/M4 prefer it because they were trained with it and are comfortable with it. Good for them. However, due to the fact that the M16 uses a direct impingement gas operation, it jams more easily, and is therefore less reliable. Cleaning WILL solve this problem. But the fact that the "elite" units use the HK weapons puts an interesting spin on this. One would assume that they would have a lot of time to clean their rifles. If the M16/M4 was truly better if it was cleaned regularly, why don't they use it? To add, the M16's magazines probably are not causing the problem. Conversion kits exist and are in use for the G36 that allow M16 magazines to be used, and and problems have not been reported...

Whew... Long... Post....
There, he said it.

Good job man!

If game developers made their weapons realistic, in CoD4 for example, everyone without exception would use the the G36C or G3 vs the Ak or M16. Because they would be tired of dieing due to jams or whatnot poor reliability. The current way the M-16/4 is represented in CoD4 is pure propaganda for the weak minded. And the fact that the G36C is worse than an M4 is downright insulting.

Ironically, America's Army is the only game that represents the M-16/4 realistically, It will jam on you, sometimes at the right moments, and sometimes in a critical one. Always.

+1 to you.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

That's down to gameplay concepts though Ioan, not propaganda.

It's a well known precept of game design that leaving an extreme vulnerability down to random chance = bad design unless you are aiming for simulation of real events.

Even valve hasn't yet gone that far in TF2... Yet. Crits and Sandman take reasonable aim. Crits especially with the really lethal stuff. They nerfed the sandman back to reasonable levels so now it's more of a grief tool than a 1-size-fits-all-fuck-you-you're-dead-1-v-1-killing-machine.

Love stunning the same heavy time and time again. Drives people nuts.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

We use the F88 Austeyr here in NZ. It's a good rifle but it's also prone to jamming. It's really easy to clear it though.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ioan92
+337|5720

Flecco wrote:

It's a well known precept of game design that leaving an extreme vulnerability down to random chance = bad design unless you are aiming for simulation of real events.

Even valve hasn't yet gone that far in TF2... Yet. Crits and Sandman take reasonable aim. Crits especially with the really lethal stuff. They nerfed the sandman back to reasonable levels so now it's more of a grief tool than a 1-size-fits-all-fuck-you-you're-dead-1-v-1-killing-machine.

Fine about removing jamming but please, the m16 wont kill someone like it does in most games. Make it at least semi realistic. Not like omg this shiet has more/same power than the ak47, like it is in CoD4.

This drives me nuts.

lol
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5976|Blue Mountain State

Ioan92 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Fine about removing jamming but please, the m16 wont kill someone like it does in most games. Make it at least semi realistic. Not like omg this shiet has more/same power than the ak47, like it is in CoD4.

This drives me nuts.

lol
Is that coming from personal experience with a M4 or M16?
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6707

phishman420 wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … USP_45.jpg

a challenger appears
https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/images/loaded-desert-eagle-web.jpg

hai
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6643|Canada
No.

Desert Eagles are for those who need to compensate.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Ioan92 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

This drives me nuts.

lol
3 5.56mm rounds into the chest at under 100m in most cases will effectively remove somebody from action. Unless I'm missing something here. That size round is NATO standard (western world standard really) and has worked fine in quite a few wars/localised conflicts now.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466

CaptainMike wrote:

No.

As is most civilian ordinance, but Deagles especially.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

CaptainMike wrote:

No.

As is most civilian ordinance, but Deagles especially.
They are a highly practical hand gun.

If you are a regular Rhino/bull-Elephant hunter in need of a side-arm.
SealXo
+309|6534
AK > both
/thread
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5979|Toronto
M16--wounding weapon; used in high-power, high-support armies and controlled circumstances, high accuracy but relatively fragile mechanism

AKM--killing weapon; used by irregular forces in rough conditions, high reliability but finish is rough: low accuracy, high recoil but powerful and versatile

G36k--mix of the two: fires "wounding" rounds faster, more accurate than M16/4. About as reliable as AKM, but more precise innards.

Ergo, G36 wins from the three. As for the M16/4 and the AKM, you choose based on your circumstances
I like pie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard