Poll

Are you going to get it?

Yes, can't wait!52%52% - 36
No, Screw Win7, I <3 my XP/Vista47%47% - 32
Total: 68
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6690|The Ville
Yes, I've been waiting a while for this.
Typh00n
In Flames
+22|6540|42

ebug9 wrote:

Upgrade form Vista OEM to Win7 is free I believe.
Source? :<
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6308

Typh00n wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

The Windows 7 Upgrade Program is designed to assist Microsoft's OEM partners in minimizing the number of end users who may postpone acquiring a new computer because of the impending release of the Windows 7 operating system. This program allows OEMs to offer an upgrade to Windows 7 to end users who qualify.

This is a consumer-oriented program targeted at individual consumers and small businesses that have purchased eligible PCs during the Program Eligibility Period. End users will have to meet these requirements to be deemed eligible for the upgrade to Windows 7 when it is released :

* End users must purchase a new PC that is pre-installed with an eligible Windows Vista Operating System (OS), during the program eligibility window.

* The PC must have a valid Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached.

* The only Windows Vista® versions eligible for the program are :
         1. Windows Vista® Home Premium
         2. Windows Vista® Business
         3. Windows Vista® Ultimate
      * Microsoft Windows Vista® Home Basic, Windows Vista® Starter Edition, and Windows® XP (all editions) are not qualifying products under the program.

* The Program does not support multiple upgrades for medium, large, or enterprise customers. Customers that want to upgrade multiple PCs should use the appropriate Microsoft Volume Licensing program.  See www.microsoft.com/licensing for more details.

* The following are the only valid upgrade paths under the program :
         1. Windows Vista® Home Premium -> Windows® 7 Home Premium
         2. Windows Vista® Business -> Windows® 7 Professional
         3. Windows Vista® Ultimate -> Windows® 7 Ultimate

Do note that this is an optional program, so not all OEMs may choose to participate. OEMs that choose to participate in this upgrade program will have the freedom to determine how to best provide qualifying end users with the details.
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx … amp;pgno=0
Typh00n
In Flames
+22|6540|42

ebug9 wrote:

Typh00n wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

Sweet, thanks
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6616|Mhz

I'll be waiting to see if it's fixed what I don't like about Vista, even then I'll most likely wait til it's had a service pack released, I'm in no hurry to get a new OS.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6308

https://static.arstechnica.com/assets/2009/03/technet_windows_7_rc-thumb-640x945-3908.jpg
It looks like someone flipped the switch a little early. The Windows 7 Release Candidate download page on TechNet has made a premature appearance, much like the beta download page did before the beta was released to the public. The public RC will apparently be coming in May 2009, and not in April as previously rumored. The RC testing program will be available at least through June 2009, and the actual build will expire June 1, 2010. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions will be available in English, German, Japanese, French, and Spanish. This is different from the beta, which was available in English (32-bit and 64-bit), German (32-bit and 64-bit), Japanese (32-bit and 64-bit), Arabic (32-bit and 64-bit), and Hindi (32-bit). A quick glance at the hardware requirements shows no changes between Beta and RC requirements.
Sauce
jaymz9350
+54|6573

ebug9 wrote:

Typh00n wrote:

ebug9 wrote:

The Windows 7 Upgrade Program is designed to assist Microsoft's OEM partners in minimizing the number of end users who may postpone acquiring a new computer because of the impending release of the Windows 7 operating system. This program allows OEMs to offer an upgrade to Windows 7 to end users who qualify.

This is a consumer-oriented program targeted at individual consumers and small businesses that have purchased eligible PCs during the Program Eligibility Period. End users will have to meet these requirements to be deemed eligible for the upgrade to Windows 7 when it is released :

* End users must purchase a new PC that is pre-installed with an eligible Windows Vista Operating System (OS), during the program eligibility window.

* The PC must have a valid Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached.

* The only Windows Vista® versions eligible for the program are :
         1. Windows Vista® Home Premium
         2. Windows Vista® Business
         3. Windows Vista® Ultimate
      * Microsoft Windows Vista® Home Basic, Windows Vista® Starter Edition, and Windows® XP (all editions) are not qualifying products under the program.

* The Program does not support multiple upgrades for medium, large, or enterprise customers. Customers that want to upgrade multiple PCs should use the appropriate Microsoft Volume Licensing program.  See www.microsoft.com/licensing for more details.

* The following are the only valid upgrade paths under the program :
         1. Windows Vista® Home Premium -> Windows® 7 Home Premium
         2. Windows Vista® Business -> Windows® 7 Professional
         3. Windows Vista® Ultimate -> Windows® 7 Ultimate

Do note that this is an optional program, so not all OEMs may choose to participate. OEMs that choose to participate in this upgrade program will have the freedom to determine how to best provide qualifying end users with the details.
Just to point out to anyone who doen't catch it, this is only if you buy a prebuile (ie dell, acer, ect) not for the majority here who may just pick up an OEM copy of vista.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6619|EU

dunno yet, i like xp as it is
The#1Spot
+105|6535|byah

gnot<3 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

gnot<3 wrote:

yes, cuz xp pro sucks & I always wanted to get vista. so why waste money on 2 OS in one year?

also the prices are gonna be steep tho, 330ish usd for retail and oem, not sure.
Why waste money on an OS to begin with?
hmm lets see, torrents are for poor people tbh. (except for music dl's )

inb4flamefest

2, cuz my buddy of mine that works @ a PC shop gave me xp pro for free

& 3, cuz im just cool like that, and I want to stroll up in bestbuy and be looked upon as a role model.
Or a lot of people think that 50$-60$ for a half ass made game is not worth it.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6135|New Jersey

The#1Spot wrote:

But if no one pays for the games, how are the developers going to improve?  Pirating = less money for the developers =worse games.  I'm no saint myself, but I like playing devil's advocate.
The#1Spot
+105|6535|byah

SpIk3y wrote:

The#1Spot wrote:

But if no one pays for the games, how are the developers going to improve?  Pirating = less money for the developers =worse games.  I'm no saint myself, but I like playing devil's advocate.
Any game with a weak multiplayer is bound to be pirated more than bought.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6145|'straya
Will put W7 on next build i guess.... not going to bother upgrading on current build
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6554|Hungary
One of my friends got it and he said he cant play BF2 as it crashes to desktop for him! So wont get it!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)
Not that I've even installed the Beta yet, but yes, I'll be downloading it.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6728|St. Andrews / Oslo

wasn't Vista released pre-release on torrents/warez?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Depends on cost. Would be nice if MS realized they'd sell 3x's the amount if they priced it @ $49 .. not that it's going to happen. But they owe us for Vista.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6619|EU

venom6 wrote:

One of my friends got it and he said he cant play BF2 as it crashes to desktop for him! So wont get it!
well, maybe its time to finally quit BF2 and move on to some less-buggy and newer game

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard