SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6682|The darkside of Denver
Searched and only found a thread for the demo.  Anyone else pick up the retail release yesterday?
Played through the first to parts of act 1.  Capcom pulled out all the stops on this one!!!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6560|Long Island, New York
I loved RE2 and 3. 4 was pretty good too. But I have no interest in 5, even though it ties up loose ends. The combat system looks terrible and it doesn't look scary at all.

Nemesis jumping in the room from the window in RE3 (I think it was) was one of the scariest moments in gaming for me. RE5 just looks...boring.
Sidsnot
Banned
+93|5585|Stoke, England

Poseidon wrote:

The combat system looks terrible and it doesn't look scary at all.
This

Otherwise I would get it
SonderKommando

Poseidon wrote:

I loved RE2 and 3. 4 was pretty good too. But I have no interest in 5, even though it ties up loose ends. The combat system looks terrible and it doesn't look scary at all.

Nemesis jumping in the room from the window in RE3 (I think it was) was one of the scariest moments in gaming for me. RE5 just looks...boring.
Yeah, its more an action game now.  But I love to kill zombies whether is scary or not.  The graphics are beautiful and the combat system is a little clunky but the rest of the game play compensates for it.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6560|Long Island, New York
If you want to REALLY kill zombies, get Dead Rising (Dead Rising 2 later this year ).

I dunno, man. I haven't been hearing too many positive things about it from users. What made the RE games so awesome was the fear factor involved. Now it looks like there basically is none.

Shame, really.
SonderKommando

Poseidon wrote:

If you want to REALLY kill zombies, get Dead Rising (Dead Rising 2 later this year ).

I dunno, man. I haven't been hearing too many positive things about it from users. What made the RE games so awesome was the fear factor involved. Now it looks like there basically is none.

Shame, really.
Dude, DR is one of my favorite games.  I posted in your DR2 thread, silly.  I recommend DR to EVERYONE who has a 360, lol.  Twas an epic game.  I just hope they get rid of the time constraint in the next game, or allow an unlockable free play mode.  Thats the one thing I thought DR was missing.

**nothign beats ripping a zombies bowels out, lol.

Last edited by SonderKommando (2009-03-14 14:50:06)

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6371|Belfast
I played the demo but the combat system is SHIT
Stimey
­
+786|6143|Ontario | Canada
I WANNA RENT IT SO MUCH BUT I HAVE NO MONEY FUCK.
Paycheck on tuesday though
It`ll probably be all rented out though
­
­
­
­
­
­
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6404|the land of bourbon
marathon playing from last night and today... and i'm finally am on the last boss.   the best parts of the game are being able to play during the FMVs... oh and customizing weapons is
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
SonderKommando

steelie34 wrote:

marathon playing from last night and today... and i'm finally am on the last boss.   the best parts of the game are being able to play during the FMVs... oh and customizing weapons is
How do I manage not to get my fucking head sawn off?
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6667|Malibu

SonderKommando wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

The chainsaw guy actually takes about 2 seconds before swinging the saw.
You can actually shoot at point blank range until he raises chainsaw, then run past him to his right (so your left). Repeat this and easy kill.
steelie34
pub hero!

StormEye wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

The chainsaw guy actually takes about 2 seconds before swinging the saw.
You can actually shoot at point blank range until he raises chainsaw, then run past him to his right (so your left). Repeat this and easy kill.
oh wow, that guy was a looong time ago.  a boomstick (shotgun) is your best bet here.  as soon as he raises the saw, if you head shot him, he will fall backwards.  you can also dodge him pretty easily, like stormeye said.  if you want some real fun, don't explode any of the barrels in the streets.  when the boss comes at you, run all the way back out into the street, and give him some explosive love.

finally beat the game... not as hard as it could have been, but there is a trick to the last guy.  teamwork will make short work of him, that's all i'm gonna say.

Last edited by steelie34 (2009-03-16 06:55:54)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6483|UK
That game is really fun, I think the fact that you're playing with another human cancels out the fear factor. Controls are a little shit until you get the hang of it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6292
I've played a fair bit of it so far and it's far better than the demo led me to believe. Good fun so far in co-op.
steelie34
pub hero!
the only drawback to the combat system is there isn't a quick roll or dodge move.  sometimes it gets irritating when there are zombies on all sides, and you have to turn so slowly to target them....
steelie34
pub hero!
has anyone managed to get the heart of africa from wesker?  i can't figure out a good strategy to damage him enough...

edit: nevermind.. s&w 500 + max damage = profit

Last edited by steelie34 (2009-03-20 06:01:01)

StormEye
Sniper
+50|6667|Malibu

steelie34 wrote:

has anyone managed to get the heart of africa from wesker?  i can't figure out a good strategy to damage him enough...

I just rocketed him in the back and shot the rocket in his hands when he catches it mid-air.
steelie34
pub hero!

StormEye wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

I just rocketed him in the back and shot the rocket in his hands when he catches it mid-air.
u sure that's the same level?  i'm talking about the fight in the mansion, not the one on the ship....  if you hurt him enough and make him leave before the 7 minutes is up, you get a prize
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6667|Malibu

steelie34 wrote:

StormEye wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

u sure that's the same level?  i'm talking about the fight in the mansion, not the one on the ship....  if you hurt him enough and make him leave before the 7 minutes is up, you get a prize
You can buy a rocket, or get a free one in chapter 3-1 to use it with first Wesker fight in chapter 5-3.
steelie34
pub hero!

StormEye wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

StormEye wrote:

You can buy a rocket, or get a free one in chapter 3-1 to use it with first Wesker fight in chapter 5-3.
oh right... yeah that works too.  i just don't like carrying the rpg all the way through the level, just to get one shot with it.  chances are, i'll miss
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6667|Malibu

steelie34 wrote:

StormEye wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

oh right... yeah that works too.  i just don't like carrying the rpg all the way through the level, just to get one shot with it.  chances are, i'll miss
Lol.

BTW, you do not have to carry an item all the time to use it at particular situation. When a new area loads (as in after the load screen, you can press Start button and Restart the game. This will bring you to the item management screen and when you resume to play, it will bring you back to the spot.
steelie34
pub hero!
really?  never realized that... i thought restart would take u to the beginning.  props for the good idea.
SonderKommando
I'm currently am on chapter 5-3.  Sigh, has anyone else noticed how all of our games are filled with New World Order propaganda? Let's put 2 and 2 together here, chris is a member of the BSAA, an international anti-terrorism task force answerable to the United Nations.. Terrorism is one of the globalists favorite tools to push world government and this is merely a foresight to what may be possible in the near future. Then there is the wholedeal with Uraboros being used to create the perfect man, to create a new order as excella put it. What pulled my strings was when she said that only those with a superior genetic code would survive the transformation. This fits with how the power elite actually believe they are genetically superior to most humans and through that are entitled to the world. Now how uraboros kills most people also fits with the elites plan to reduce the world population by 80%.. Its fucking crazy. MGS4 was full of the same nuances and NWO storylines.. I dunno, can't make up my mind if this is propaganda or a warning.. Seeing as the NWO is essentially about preserving the Anglo-American empire against the Eurasian nations..

Thoughts? Sorry for grammaticL and spelling errors, I'm posting from my iPhone @ work.
bennisboy
+829|6669|Poundland
Got this game yesterday. Its truly brilliant. Graphics are stunning, and co-op play is so damn fun.
Best game i've played in a while
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6212|Canada

bennisboy wrote:

Got this game yesterday. Its truly brilliant. Graphics are stunning, and co-op play is so damn fun.
Best game i've played in a while
This.
But I really hate how they divide the screen for co-op..  you get used to it but I just don't think it maximizes what the screen can offer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard