DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
Can anyone explain why parents of multiple children can have one that is hyperactive while the others are normal?

Did they just forget to parent, just one of their kids?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6168|Winland

DrunkFace wrote:

Can anyone explain why parents of multiple children can have one that is hyperactive while the others are normal?

Did they just forget to parent, just one of their kids?
Get kid, raise it a bit over 3-4 years, get horny, get another kid, ignore kid no.1 for 3-4 years.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Karbin
+42|6265

Mitch wrote:

There's no such thing as Bi-polar, ADD, ADHD, etc.

The cause? Bad parenting. There was none of this shit ~20 years ago. Parents knew how to spank and how to take care of their kids. Now it's just sugar, caffeine, video games and "everyone's a winner".

tl;dr = Control your goddamn emotions like the rest of us.

Discuss.
To your first statement    WRONG

To your second statement.... WAY WRONG

I was diagnosed in at the age of 6 .....   in 1965     Think that thumps the 20 years crap.

My Father is old school English and my Mother was brought up the same way.  Spankings and even a belting from Dad, spankings and a wooden spoon from Mom.
Both had a constant fight with school boards with your beliefs. Disregarding  the tests done by privet and public agency's.
I think that covers your bad parenting
Secobarbital (Seconal), Methylphenidate (Ritalin) for school and SELF control.

Massively misdiagnosed   YES

Bi-polar covered by Lythberg.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Uzique wrote:

Mitch wrote:

The cause? Bad parenting. There was none of this shit ~20 years ago. Parents knew how to spank and how to take care of their kids. Now it's just sugar, caffeine, video games and "everyone's a winner".

Discuss.
Err bi-polar depression is completely different from ADD/ADHD.

tl;dr = Shut the fuck up until you know what you're talking about.

Parental discipline has nothing to do with bipolarity.
I might start posting this quote every time Mitch posts something.
Whiplash
Future Aviator
+40|5751|Central Texas
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6378|Somersetshire

Whiplash wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=106025
But wouldn't that be classed as Necro posting?
Or is it allowed as long as you keep to the topic?
Or is that not far enough back into the past to count?

(i think there was a more recent one though, I remember a "ADHD, does it exists" thread a few months back..
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
Bipolar is real you fucktard. ADD and ADHD is misdiagnosed most of the time. Go learn some psychology and stop looking like zac effron.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
My son has ADD; he has high-energy and hyper at school. I believe it is because he doesn't do much at home. He lives with his mom whom is not a very active person. His after school-activity consist of staying inside the house or at church. I explained to her he needs an outlet to burn off some energy, so this year she is signing him up for baseball. So far he is doing pretty well.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6546|London

Uzique wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Discuss.
Err bi-polar depression is completely different from ADD/ADHD.

tl;dr = Shut the fuck up until you know what you're talking about.

Parental discipline has nothing to do with bipolarity.
lol I read the thread title then skipped to the tl:dr. Didn't even notice he had said bi-polar till you mentioned it.

loubot wrote:

My son has ADD; he has high-energy and hyper at school. I believe it is because he doesn't do much at home. He lives with his mom whom is not a very active person. His after school-activity consist of staying inside the house or at church. I explained to her he needs an outlet to burn off some energy, so this year she is signing him up for baseball. So far he is doing pretty well.
Yeah sounds like a pretty classic example of what I'd consider a misdiagnosis. If they ever work out a physiological backing for ADD/ADHD I think most parents would have to accept that their kids just lack self control without blaming it on a disorder.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire

Mitch wrote:

Discuss.
I never realised you were a doctor/scientist Mitch. Did you ever consider that as medical knowledge advances more light is thrown on various conditions and ailments that were previously unrecognised or simply ignored, hence why we have more medical conditions in the medical dictionary nowadays?

People have said the same thing about dyslexia and depression in the past too and to be quite frank it's ignorance of the highest order. Even now we only know the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the complex hormonal and chemical structures of the human body and brain, all it takes is for one hormone or chemical to be out of whack for things to go haywire quite dramatically. I'd like to see you share your opinions so openly with a sufferer of clinical depression or bi-polar disorder.

One thing I will agree with is that teachers, parents and doctors are a little too eager to label kids with these conditions instead of really studying the situation to see if the kid is just a little shit or not.

Last edited by Braddock (2009-03-19 10:44:00)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
You know Michael Phelps was diagnosed with ADHD, and instead of taking pills. He decided to put his energy on swimming, and look at him, one of the greatest swimmers of all time.

Edit: You see, the greatest "cure" fot ADHD is not taking pills, but finding an activity to spend that energy on.

Last edited by War Man (2009-03-19 11:11:12)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
What the hell is Bi-Polar anyway
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

War Man wrote:

You know Michael Phelps was diagnosed with ADHD, and instead of taking pills. He decided to put his energy on swimming, and look at him, one of the greatest swimmers of all time.

Edit: You see, the greatest "cure" fot ADHD is not taking pills, but finding an activity to spend that energy on.
What were you diagnosed with?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6418|Boulder, CO

Mekstizzle wrote:

What the hell is Bi-Polar anyway
Bi polar disorder is also known as manic depression. It is when you are generally normal psychologically but you get episodes of mania (very happy and very active, to the extent where you can be a danger to yourself and others) as well as periods of intense depression.

Its a very odd disorder that i wish i studied in my psychology A2, but we only do unipolar depression .
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

FatherTed wrote:

War Man wrote:

What were you diagnosed with?
Absolutely nothing.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
So many people are getting offended at his jab on people with Bi Polar, anything you guys would like to tell us?

Why don't you take a seat right here

https://www.retro-housewife.com/images/furniture/barcelona-chair.jpg

---

I dunno about Bi Polar, but he's right about ADHD and whatever the other one is. Psychology is like Art, looking for shit that ain't there just for the sake of saying something.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5565|Dublin, Ireland
Never believed in any of that shit.

They all seemed like spoilt fucks who were just too fucken lazy.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6299

omg 2 much 2 read in this thread, imma go chase squirrels now. bai
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5735|Belgium
Wasn't there a thread exactly like this one a while ago?

'xcuse me if its been said before :x
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6527|Kent, UK
Those of you denying the existence of ADHD and saying it's a load of BS, how much research have you actually done into the condition before posting your mindless drivel?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6165|Schofield Barracks

Sydney wrote:

I've got ADHD.

Symptoms: Have a hard a time focusing (who doesn't anyway?), subconsciously talk really loud, do stuff immediately without thinking.
I do the exact same thing. I also have ADHD.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...

Buckles wrote:

Those of you denying the existence of ADHD and saying it's a load of BS, how much research have you actually done into the condition before posting your mindless drivel?
None. They saw a kid who was mis diagnosed because of a retarded doctor and start saying ADHD + all the other stuff = crap.

By the way if ADHD would be fake and a result of parenting shouldn't you be able to teach someone how to have ADHD :p?

Last edited by dayarath (2009-03-19 11:58:27)

inane little opines
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Mekstizzle wrote:

So many people are getting offended at his jab on people with Bi Polar, anything you guys would like to tell us?

Why don't you take a seat right here

http://www.retro-housewife.com/images/f … -chair.jpg

---

I dunno about Bi Polar, but he's right about ADHD and whatever the other one is. Psychology is like Art, looking for shit that ain't there just for the sake of saying something.
Bipolar / manic depression is a real recognised problem, lumping it in the same group as ADD/ADHD makes as much sense as grouping schizophrenia with ADD/ADHD. It's a 'well known' mental illness, some spotlight celebrities such as Stephen Fry very publically suffer from it- he in fact tried very publically to kill himself whilst on a manic depressive swing.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool
Not fake, just over-diagnosed, especially ADHD. ADD not as much
mikkel
+383|6572

Mitch wrote:

Discuss.
You must've been hitting the pipe these last few days with how much crap you've slinging around these parts, Mitch. Did you also know that there's no such thing as a round earth, and that you'll die if you drive a convertible at 60 MPH? It's all just new age science crap. We knew what the deal was before it came along and started talking shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard