CC-Marley
+407|6839
2 hr finale Friday! Makes me sad that the best show on tv is at an end. Atleast we'll have the 2hr movie " The Plan" coming.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

CC-Marley wrote:

2 hr finale Friday! Makes me sad that the best show on tv is at an end. Atleast we'll have the 2hr movie " The Plan" coming.
I guess thats what sort of sucks about remakes, you can't really change the ending, make it longer etc.

On the other hand, it now won't go down the same road as lost
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys
Theres no way that its gonna have a happy ending. A happy ending would consist of defeating the cylons and finding a new planet to live on. The galactica is gonna 'splode, they better fit armor hardeners and reps.

Ive been playing eve way too much.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Theres no way that its gonna have a happy ending. A happy ending would consist of defeating the cylons and finding a new planet to live on. The galactica is gonna 'splode, they better fit armor hardeners and reps.

Ive been playing eve way too much.
iirc in the old one they all die.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6359|Belfast
I watched it up to the part where they find earth but its deserted

i 'd and didnt bother watcing it in preference to NCIS
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6589|Columbus, OH
The final season is has a lot of EMO dialog and boring. The rebel cyclons and the last humans have an uneasy alliance. The only interesting part I like is Spoiler (highlight to read):
the final? battle to retreive Athena from her cyclon captors

Last edited by loubot (2009-03-19 10:07:47)

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6660|Washington DC

CC-Marley wrote:

It's good, but I've not really liked the writing on this 2nd part of the season ... nothing new or intriguing ... they are just drawing out the inevitable.

Forecast:
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Boomer has guilt and returns Hera to the rebel Cylons and humans ... all dead characters are alive again through a resurrection capability  ... big battle between the two Cylon sides ... Galactica becomes like a Cylon ship under the control of Anders ...  The two sides look like they are about to have mutually assured destruction, but Hera steps in and unites the two sides as she shows them the new Earth ... everyone is really Cylon, resurrected many times from their original human forms .... Hera provides the unifying peace so that the cycle will no longer occur.

Although, I'm hoping for a surprise ...
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6678

OrangeHound wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

It's good, but I've not really liked the writing on this 2nd part of the season ... nothing new or intriguing ... they are just drawing out the inevitable.

Forecast:
Boomer has guilt and returns Hera to the rebel Cylons and humans ... all dead characters are alive again through a resurrection capability  ... big battle between the two Cylon sides ... Galactica becomes like a Cylon ship under the control of Anders ...  The two sides look like they are about to have mutually assured destruction, but Hera steps in and unites the two sides as she shows them the new Earth ... everyone is really Cylon, resurrected many times from their original human forms .... Hera provides the unifying peace so that the cycle will no longer occur.

Although, I'm hoping for a surprise ...
I'll take that ending.  And hopefully not something like the "V" Star Child ending...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum
If one more person posts up plot info without spoilers i'm going to murder them.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6586|London
miniseries downloaded. if this sucks ted i'm coming after you for 4 hours of my life back.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6678

FatherTed wrote:

If one more person posts up plot info without spoilers i'm going to murder them.
You guys don't get the same feed we get in the US?  How far back are the Europe episodes?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

Aries_37 wrote:

miniseries downloaded. if this sucks ted i'm coming after you for 4 hours of my life back.
Even if you abhor sci-fi, you won't be disappointing. IMHO it gets reaaaallly good about halfway through the second series, though all of it is fantastic.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

Ilocano wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

You guys don't get the same feed we get in the US?  How far back are the Europe episodes?
Well i can't stream from scifi.com nope

My HD with my eps (courtesy of max <3) is currently unplugged, but i think i'm up to Revelations , SE4
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6182|New Austin, Not

FatherTed wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Well i can't stream from scifi.com nope

My HD with my eps (courtesy of max <3) is currently unplugged, but i think i'm up to Revelations , SE4
Shit you haven't gotten to the real good ones yet
The Oath and Blood on the Scales are easily the best eps so far imo.
Can't wait for the series finale on friday
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5605|Dublin, Ireland

FatherTed wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

and you said LOST was shit lawl
Ever watched BSG?
Dear lord mate.

-1 Respect for you!

Haha jokeing mate, but even shitty LOST is better than that bolox!
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6498|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Friday their is a all day marathon on SciFi to lead up to the final episode.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

Watched mini-series and seasons 1-3 quite happily.

Found 4 hard to get into at a mates house, then again I only watched 10 minutes. Might have to get the DVDs and try again some other time.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
rdx-fx
+955|6602
BSG is the only show I watch regularly.
Will be disappointed to see it go.

I do wish it was a little less blah blah blah and a little more boom boom, like the first couple seasons.

Ill take a look at the prequel series, Caprica, but I'm not enthusiastic.  Sounds like it's all pseudo-political blah blah blah, with absolutely no boom boom boom

(note: listening to John Lee Hooker - boom boom boom at the moment )
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

rdx-fx wrote:

BSG is the only show I watch regularly.
Will be disappointed to see it go.

I do wish it was a little less blah blah blah and a little more boom boom, like the first couple seasons.

Ill take a look at the prequel series, Caprica, but I'm not enthusiastic.  Sounds like it's all pseudo-political blah blah blah, with absolutely no boom boom boom

(note: listening to John Lee Hooker - boom boom boom at the moment )
Favourite Ep?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6820|Marathon, Florida Keys

FatherTed wrote:

Favourite Ep?
My favorite episode was the one with the pegasus suicide run and the galactica dropping through the atmosphere.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6511|so randum

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Favourite Ep?
My favorite episode was the one with the pegasus suicide run and the galactica dropping through the atmosphere.
same, exodus pt2 i think it is.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
rdx-fx
+955|6602

FatherTed wrote:

Favourite Ep?
Probably the arc with 'Scar', the Cylon raider counterpart to Starbuck.

Always expected Starbuck to be revealed as a cylon, and the 'scar' raider would've been her clone series.
Really seemed like that whole story arc was hinting at that, but they just dropped the thread.

Too many unresolved plot threads. 
Too much left unfinished.
They really could've gone another season or two, just based on tying up the good storylines and not the tired circular philoso-political jaw-jacking.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

rdx-fx wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Favourite Ep?
Probably the arc with 'Scar', the Cylon raider counterpart to Starbuck.

Always expected Starbuck to be revealed as a cylon, and the 'scar' raider would've been her clone series.
Really seemed like that whole story arc was hinting at that, but they just dropped the thread.

Too many unresolved plot threads. 
Too much left unfinished.
They really could've gone another season or two, just based on tying up the good storylines and not the tired circular philoso-political jaw-jacking.
Qft.

And the exodus ones were the best. Where they are on New Caprica or w/e and the Cylons have taken over. For anybody who hasn't seen that episode yet don't highlight the spoilers.Spoiler (highlight to read):
Then Galactica and Pegasus come back and BLOW SHIT UP.

Oh and when they are running around on the ground and then some stuff happens then MORE SHIT GETS BLOWN UP.

Actually, long story short they just need to make a sci-fi series about blowing shit up. SG1 wasn't bad for it. I can't watch stuff like Dr. Who or Star-Trek though. Just seems too disconnected from reality for me.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
CC-Marley
+407|6839

FatherTed wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

I guess that's what sort of sucks about remakes, you can't really change the ending, make it longer etc.

On the other hand, it now won't go down the same road as lost
It's not a remake. It's re-imagined. Since TOS only lasted one year,there was no ending and they did make it longer. One of my favorite episodes is "33".
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6182|New Austin, Not
Finale was pretty damn good, especially the first hour of it

WTF happened to Starbuck? Oh and HOLY SHIT we are descendants of the Galactica crew

Last edited by Rohirm (2009-03-20 20:01:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard